Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Thread - Got a question? Ask here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I would've thought a grand would be on the lower end of the price scale for a sleeve. Guess it depends on the elements in the sleeve.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I would've thought a grand would be on the lower end of the price scale for a sleeve. Guess it depends on the elements in the sleeve.

Yeah it really does vary, depending on what you want. Some could cost €2000 or even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

marko93 wrote: »
    How much would it cost for a sleeve, roughly?

also im 17 would they use weaker ink or anything like that? oo

Firstly, no decent studio will tattoo you at 17. You're body is still developing and a tattoo can distort as you grow. Besides which, tastes change so whats cool at 17 is unbearable by 23. We see least 2-3 people a week with tattoos they want covered up. These are tattoos they got when they were younger. As for the cost, one of my sleeves has so far taken 12 hours with at least another 4 to finish it, the other has about 9 hours with 5 more hours to complete. At an average cost of €70- €100 per hour, depending on the artist, do the math.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Ah thanks guys :) i guess a few more years of waiting and saving is in order :D thanks for the help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭baileyjackson

How much would ye pay to get this tat done? :D

What do people think of this as a 1st tattoo? Any recommendation of who to do it inCork?

2728545607_49619dc07a.jpg?v=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

whatever the artists hourly rate is. €70-100 usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 EmmaDig7

Hey Guys,
    I have a snug piercing, and it was pierced with a curved needle, so I've been wearing a curved barbell in it for the past 6 months. However, the shortest micro bananabell I could find is 6mm, and thats still a bit too long :(

Anyone have any idea where would stock shorter bars??

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

Hiya,

Does anyone have any tips on how to get nose screws in easily? Will be changing the stud on a new (3 weeks old) piercing soon and want it to be as quick and easy as possible :D

Thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

LavaLamp wrote: »
    Hiya,

Does anyone have any tips on how to get nose screws in easily? Will be changing the stud on a new (3 weeks old) piercing soon and want it to be as quick and easy as possible :D

Thanks!

I'd advise you not to even think about changing it until it's fully healed which takes anywhere from 3-12 months. By changing it early you'll just irritate the piercing, prolonging healing and you're also leaving yourself open to infection.

I'd advise you not to even think about changing it until it's fully healed which takes anywhere from 3-12 months. By changing it early you'll just irritate the piercing, prolonging healing and you're also leaving yourself open to infection.

eek! how about if I go back to the piercer for them to change it? Would really like a smaller stud....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

would you like a smaller stud with an inflamed and swollen piercing, or a longer stud for a lil while longer and be happy out? :)

sh1t, you got me on that one, guess I'll have to wait it out then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭zacseph

Hey all,
    Just wondering does anyone know anywhere that would sell a 14g piercing needle? (disposable, and sterile sealed, obv.)

Zacseph, I've about 1000 in stock at the moment, but your reason for wanting one is....?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Best/cheapest place to buy plugs/flesh tunnels?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shanona

bodyartforms.com ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Shipping to here is quite pricey though, so unless you're buying a load of stuff, it might not work out too cheap at all.

Shipping to here is quite pricey though, so unless you're buying a load of stuff, it might not work out too cheap at all.

Nah quite cheap actually dude. Even with shipping it's cheaper to buy from them

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Really? I went through before thinking of ordering and it would have cost me ~$14 for shipping... maybe I missed something :s

Wildcat UK
    www.wildcat.co.uk sell some nice stuff not available over here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Hey all, just wanted to ask a quick question or 2! I really want to get my conch pierced or punched, but I live in Galway and would prefer to get it done somewhere in Dublin Wildcat/Snakebite both have such good reps, anyways I'm just thinking after reading some peoples problems with conch experiences should I get it done somewhere in Galway so as I am nearer to the piercer should anything go wrong? How much aftercare (from the piercer not me!) is involved? Anybody have it done in Galway that would recommend their piercer? Confused.com! Thanks a mil

As long as the piercer in Galway is reputable, uses sterile single-use needles and the studio is nice and hygenic you should be fine.

There should be no aftercare from the piercer unless you need to go back to him/her if you're having serious problems with it. Aftercare is fairly straight forward, just do your sea salt soaks. Sometimes (very rarely though) my conch can randomly flare up and get a bit sore for a day or two, even though I've had it over 3 years now so just do the sea salt soaks again if that happens. Now that mightn't ever happen for you but just something worth noting. Anyway your piercer will run through all aftercare with you so nothing really to worry about :)

Thanks for your reply, I think I am just going to bite the bullet, get it done and hope for the best, well after payday anyways! :D

careymary wrote: »
    Hey all, just wanted to ask a quick question or 2! I really want to get my conch pierced or punched, but I live in Galway and would prefer to get it done somewhere in Dublin Wildcat/Snakebite both have such good reps, anyways I'm just thinking after reading some peoples problems with conch experiences should I get it done somewhere in Galway so as I am nearer to the piercer should anything go wrong? How much aftercare (from the piercer not me!) is involved? Anybody have it done in Galway that would recommend their piercer? Confused.com! Thanks a mil

From an after care point of view;

I've both my conches punched at 8mm. If you are going to get it punched at a relatively large size it will take the guts of a year to heal fully so be very aware of that and decide whether you are willing to put in the time to heal it, different story I would imagine if you got it pierced at a standard size.

My first conch punch was done fine but I swell a lot, and the regular 16mm length tube was being eaten by my ear, long story short I ended up getting a glass piece made which was 19mm long and a hell of a lot of scarring which eventually cleared up. Having learned from the first experience this time round the healing process has lessened considerably. Was healing fine until I got a punch to the ear in work, conch swelled again and was eating the jewellery once more so just popped in the glass piece.

Important things for dermal punches;

Appropriate sized jewellery, if you swell a lot ask the piercer to have an adequate sized piece of jewellery for you to accomodate. 16mm is standard but not every ear is uniform.

Long healing time - so be aware of that, few months of sleeping on one side of your head, or make an L shaped pillow and rest your head between the crevasse. In the unfortunate event of you scarring up chamomile tea bag soaks work a treat at lessening the scarring

Thanks for the info Will, that must have been a pretty sore punch to get, Hope it wasnt someone being clever, or not as the case may be! 8mm sounds pretty cool, dunno yet what size I am going to go, I'll have to wait and see

Was agony first time round as i've dirty old man cartilage seemingly, wasn't too bad the second time. The advantages of punching over standard piercing with a blade is you can go bigger with a punch, and it excises tissue so relieves a lot of pressure on the piercing itself unlike when you get it pierced. Most places would be reluctant to dermal punch someone over 6mm unless they know you and know you can heal it.

dirty old man cartilage ~ interesting, shouldnt have that problem anyway!

just means it was tough to break through, i remember hearing about 3 cracks, agony!

Must have been really wierd hearing the cracks! I think I would be more psyched out before it than anything else, (hopefully!) I remember the amount of horror stories I heard before getting my tongue done, i was a tad stressed going in to get it done but i did and I thought that was totally fine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Darkdream

any body know where i can get microdermals in ireland...pleeeeaseeee....

:)

Advertisement