Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Thread - Got a question? Ask here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 georgedell

is there anywhere in dublin that i can get a tattoo done with UV ink ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

Cheers Will. I'm assuming that I'm just run down from the tattoo, if it persists I'll get checked out.

I've been asking friends to do it, but they're not always available. Tried it myself and managed ok once I took the time. I used bepanthen on one of my other tattoos... this time I was told to use Aquaphor... which one is better? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

georgedell wrote: »
    is there anywhere in dublin that i can get a tattoo done with UV ink ?

Yes. I doubt that many places keep it in stock, so you may have to contact them in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I put down a 50euro deposit for an appointment on wednesday the 20th. On the 20th the artist wrang me to tell me that hes sick and wont be able to do my tattoo on the day, but he will re-schedule me to Monday 26th (a day he doesnt usually work). I went to the shop today, the shutter was down, I waited outside for 45 minutes before saying fúck it and getting the bus home.

Would it be un-reasonable for me to go to the studio tomorrow and ask for my deposit back?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

I put down a 50euro deposit for an appointment on wednesday the 20th. On the 20th the artist wrang me to tell me that hes sick and wont be able to do my tattoo on the day, but he will re-schedule me to Monday 26th (a day he doesnt usually work). I went to the shop today, the shutter was down, I waited outside for 45 minutes before saying fúck it and getting the bus home.

Would it be un-reasonable for me to go to the studio tomorrow and ask for my deposit back?

I wouldn't say it's that unreasonable. But then again he'd probably still do it faster than if you booked in somewhere else. The guy probably forgot completely about it, might be worth giving him another chance if he's a good artist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Noob question!

I got my ears lobes streched and pierced for the first time the other day. I was just curious is there any indicators to when they're fully healed? I know it takes months for ears lobes to fully heal, but I'd just like to know if there's any telling signs or any progress done on getting them healed for future reference.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I got my lobe done twice on Saturday. It just randomly started bleeding about 15 minutes after cleaning. How normal is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

aoifums - what did you clean it with?

creggy - hard one to say, you will know when it has though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Aoifums wrote: »
    I got my lobe done twice on Saturday. It just randomly started bleeding about 15 minutes after cleaning. How normal is that?

You could have just cracked the scab inside. Did it bleed much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Will wrote: »
    aoifums - what did you clean it with?

creggy - hard one to say, you will know when it has though

One with the cleaney stuff I bought when I got it pierced. Thr rest with salt water.
    LD 50 wrote: »
    You could have just cracked the scab inside. Did it bleed much?

A bit, not tons though. It could be that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

a piercing is a wound....any wound, in its healing process has all these little tiny capillary loops that come to the surface to supply oxygen and help form a scab...they are not visible to the naked eye..but they are there...and in cleanin they can often break as they are so fragile...this is why new wounds bleed so easily...an abrasive cleaning liquid or maybe bein a tad over zealous with the cleaning could make it happen..or they can just spontaneously...its pretty normal unless there is yellow gunk in the blood and its a bit smelly or if it bleeds loads

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

I got the inside of my arm tattoed at the end of january and it bruised pretty badly, and i thought it would eventually go away.
    but four months on and it still looks bruised, just around the edges of the tattoo.
    It's not sore at all, just got the bluey green tinge going on.

Duunno if it's related, but i'm vegan and probably not taking proper care of myself now and when i was getting tattooed? one of my friends mentioned something about not enough protein and not being able to repair?
    probably not it..

but hey, anyone have a clue what it might be? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭blackalicious

Im getting a tattoo soon and was wondering roughly how long they take to heal. I play football so for example would i be able to play a match a week after i get it? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

I'd say give 2 weeks, it's what I usually give but some people heal faster than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shanona

Im getting a tattoo soon and was wondering roughly how long they take to heal. I play football so for example would i be able to play a match a week after i get it? thanks

heck yeah! i can't see why not. Little sweat never hurt anything. You can expect your tat to be crusty and scabby, and ITCHY! but i mean - it shouldn't hinder your life so much that you can't play.

shanona wrote: »
    heck yeah! i can't see why not. Little sweat never hurt anything. You can expect your tat to be crusty and scabby, and ITCHY! but i mean - it shouldn't hinder your life so much that you can't play.

But it might hinder the healing process of the tattoo. So that when it has properly healed, its not as clear and sharp as it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CATLAUGHS

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    1. Has anyone had any problems getting jobs because of your tattoo's?

I'm not talking about nurses/gardaí etc. just regular office/retail/service industry employment.

2. If you get a black tattoo how badly will it fade over time?

Will it spread out/blur to surrounding skin or will it just get lighter?

er told work dat i had 1 was on shoulder so culdnt see it but friday's are causal day so not thinkin wore kind off vest top and manager saw it but just said to keep it covered as it a football crest and d lads started to slag me cos of been a girl. apart from that no i think no jobs shuld care what you have aslong as you can do the job.

i have a black tattoo on my ankle have it a yr and half now hasnt faded at all i tink black is the strongest colour and lasts the longest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 hugsandkisses

How would you feel if you had to get your favourite tattoo or piercing removed:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 big jon 55

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    1. Has anyone had any problems getting jobs because of your tattoo's?

I'm not talking about nurses/gardaí etc. just regular office/retail/service industry employment.

2. If you get a black tattoo how badly will it fade over time?

Will it spread out/blur to surrounding skin or will it just get lighter?

was fired from working in a kitchen before for been tattoo, went to the interview in a long sleeve shirt, gt the job, but wen i turned up my sleeves on my chef jacket, the managers got thick and i was let go a week later. i have to bottom arem sleeves, but just generic images nothing religious or political.

in regards to fading black tattoos hold well, my 1st was 8 years ago @15, held well is still black, bit of blurring and it has un-centered itself, iv tripled in size since then.

hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Min-Bici

Kinda new with the whole body piercing stuff, got my lip pierced about a year ago and tragus done there a few weeks ago. But since im out school now and all i was thinking of getting my tongue done for the summer but my bro said i might not be fit to get it done cause i have a small vein running down the middle of my tongue mad.gif

Anyways since this is a forum about body piercings im guessing one of you could give me a pass/professional experience smile.gif.

The Vein running down the middle doesn't seem to be a main vein because its about half the thickness as the veins either side of my tongue?

I'm not sure if i'm making any sense here but any advice would be nice i guess biggrin.gif Just send me a private mail or post back here and ill check up.

Cool Thread by the way biggrin.gif

• Advertisement

Very few of us here are actually piercers, and those few that are, cant really tell if it can work in your case without actually seeing your tongue.
    Your best bet is to have a piercer have a look at it. They'll tell you yay or nay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Min-Bici

Thats dead on. :D
    Thanks anyways mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Hi folks! I've been planning on getting a tatoo for a long long time. I gave myself one rule to follow. Wait 6 months before getting the tat I want done, and if i still like it in 6 months then I'll like it forever! For the first time in 4 years I'm still loving the same design/s.

Anyway! I was wondering if anyone could give me a rough guesstimate. I know i'd need to go into a tat'ist for an accurate pricing. How much would you reckon a tattoo would cost that was of a moderate to large size, encompassing the centre of my upper back, jsut below my neck and say a quarter of the way down and also the back of both shoulders. ALso this would only be in black ink.
    ( All i'm expecting is a very rough estimate)

Another question.

I've got some scars on the back of one of my shoulders from a severe case of acne when I was a teen.( thankfully the acne was only just there!).
    Could this scarring rule out any tattooing of the area?

Thanks folks!

Hi folks! I've been planning on getting a tatoo for a long long time. I gave myself one rule to follow. Wait 6 months before getting the tat I want done, and if i still like it in 6 months then I'll like it forever! For the first time in 4 years I'm still loving the same design/s.

Anyway! I was wondering if anyone could give me a rough guesstimate. I know i'd need to go into a tat'ist for an accurate pricing. How much would you reckon a tattoo would cost that was of a moderate to large size, encompassing the centre of my upper back, jsut below my neck and say a quarter of the way down and also the back of both shoulders. ALso this would only be in black ink.
    ( All i'm expecting is a very rough estimate)

Another question.

I've got some scars on the back of one of my shoulders from a severe case of acne when I was a teen.( thankfully the acne was only just there!).
    Could this scarring rule out any tattooing of the area?

Thanks folks!

Really difficult to tell, will depend on the complexity of the tattoos, could be anywhere from €500 - €1000 or more...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Really difficult to tell, will depend on the complexity of the tattoos, could be anywhere from €500 - €1000 or more...

Thanks for the estimate, have u any ideas about the scar issue?

It should be ok, but only a tattoo artist will be able to tell you. I've seen scar tissue tattooed over before, it just ends up looking a bit shinier.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

To Min-Bici, There are very few tongues that can't be pierced, personally I've never not been able to pierce a tongue. Find yourself a reputable studio and talk to the piercer. They should be able to put you at ease and check for you. The important thing is to make sure that they know what they are doing. As there is no registration or controls over piercing in this country(I'm originally from England) you need to ask questions and satisfy yourself of your piercers skill. Remember, if in doubt, walk away, it won't take you that long to find someone else who does have the skill to perform a GOOD quality piercing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭alfy101

if i got a tattoo say a week and a half before a sun holiday would it be ok to go in the pool and that, the tattoo guy said 2 weeks be fine. keep factor 50 on it, well hydrated and that..

should i hold off till after of carry on with it :confused:

tattoo is tribal on arm with shading not heavy black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Got my eyebrow pierced there on Thursday and I was just wondering is it best to use the piercing lotion or sea salt with warm water?
    Also, is it best to rub the cotton wool across the piercing or to hold it on and how long should I spend cleaning it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

If I were to get my earlobe pierced how long would I want to wait to get it stretched?

Advertisement