Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

WOW :eek: i knew it.....they are coming at last, i've seen just about every act in dance music ive ever liked or wanted to see but i've never seen FSOL who are one of my fav acts..BUT as ive already said on here my bird is due around June 6th/7th so im in a right dilemma,i know it's a week before but id go ballistic if i was at a festival and she gave birth (not to mention ever living it down) so ive some serious thinking to do!!!

Great line up, Carl Craig, Andrew Weatherall,Green Velvet, Goldie, Nicky Blackmarket and last but not least the legendary ALTERN-8 (that was a surprise inclusion i must say)

Respect to Life Festival for bringing these people over and keeping the price to a minimum.:cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Feck, thats a serious line up alright. Well, a few anyway that I'd love to see. FSOL alone would tempt me. I'm assuming they won't have the same issues they had across the water, I hear that was a complete flop.

Carl Craig too, never heard him live which is just shocking :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Aw man, I really hope I can go now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

jonny68 wrote: »
    ..BUT as ive already said on here my bird is due around June 6th/7th so im in a right dilemma,i know it's a week before but id go ballistic if i was at a festival and she gave birth (not to mention ever living it down) so ive some serious thinking to do!!!

surely someone could bring a basin of water and you could pretend it was Woodstock, like loads of babies were born at Woodstock, man, you just need to make sure the midwife stays away from the brown acid, man :P

old gregg wrote: »
    surely someone could bring a basin of water and you could pretend it was Woodstock, like loads of babies were born at Woodstock, man, you just need to make sure the midwife stays away from the brown acid, man :P

hahaha:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭nah_biy!

Carl Craig too, never heard him live which is just shocking :eek:

He's absolutely unnatural live, I may have had sunstroke, a 2 litre milk carton of vokda, and not particularly dressed but it was sick :D

I'm fcuked if i can go to this festival:confused: mentioned it to the bird and it went down like a lead balooon,and she's giving me the third degree now fcuks sake:confused:

I'm fcuked if i can go to this festival:confused: mentioned it to the bird and it went down like a lead balooon,and she's giving me the third degree now fcuks sake:confused:

Tell her you'll be more a hinderance than anything else to her :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Well, you can always have lifeforms blaring throughout the house for the entire weekend if your at home.

..... easy to see who wears the trousers in your relationship :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    I didn't see much of a presence, though I heard a few stories, and online the opinions ranged from being in line with my experience, to saying the festival was crawling with cops.

I saw a few undercover pricks alright but noting major at all, although others said there were tenst ripped apart by DS and undercover guys even sporting dreadlocks!

A_Fitz wrote: »
    undercover guys even sporting dreadlocks!
    yea but the tweed blazers and Farah slacks were a dead give-away :p

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

Not that I have anything to hide but I hope there aren't too many garda at the festival. While the vast majority of garda I've dealt with in the past are sound out, too many in a festival environment can ruin the atmosphere.

I also hope the weather is good. Only bout two months now, fingers crossed!

yea but the tweed blazers and Farah slacks were a dead give-away :p

I saw two who were 'deep cover'.....dressed up like 'ravers'.....you knew by the state of them that they were just trying too hard though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Yay, exempt from Exams! Life Festival here I come!

Lord have mercy on my body :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

woo hoo!!! glad to be a part of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

After hearing rave reviews from my friends last year, Life 09 here I come!

After hearing rave reviews from my friends last year, Life 09 here I come!

To be fair, it was ****ing deadly alright

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Number one

Does anybody know what the story is with andy wetherall? His name seems to have dissappeared off the lineup. They slipped that off pretty slyly.

• Advertisement

I see FSOl are still on the Life website but i seen a poster today and they weren't on it:eek: that would be dreadful completely if they weren't to ply, i cant make it anywaymim just hoping they play elsewhere in Ireland or UK this year,at least ill get to see Orbial again this year anyway.

I see FSOl are still on the Life website but i seen a poster today and they weren't on it:eek: that would be dreadful completely if they weren't to ply, i cant make it anywaymim just hoping they play elsewhere in Ireland or UK this year,at least ill get to see Orbial again this year anyway.
    funny thing is, FSOL had never included Life on their tour schedule according to their myspace

funny thing is, FSOL had never included Life on their tour schedule according to their myspace

well that is a strange one, i hope Life have 100% confirmed FSOL otherwise there will be a lot of angry people.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭neutronyx

THE FUTURE SOUND OF LONDON will headline LIFE FESTIVAL 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭neutronyx

That poster you saw is the very old one when we still did not have announced even half of the lineup.
    5000 posters have been released nationwide last thursday and on those you can see FSOL at the very top :)

neutronyx wrote: »
    That poster you saw is the very old one when we still did not have announced even half of the lineup.
    5000 posters have been released nationwide last thursday and on those you can see FSOL at the very top :)

And will FSOL actually be there or is it a 'live' link to them in their studio? I believe that was a disaster across the water a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

^ Ah come now I don't think they'd do that to us in fairness! :rolleyes:

Nuetronyx : can you tell me when the time-table for the acts will be released? I'm dying to plan my weekend of debauchery.

neutronyx wrote: »
    THE FUTURE SOUND OF LONDON will headline LIFE FESTIVAL 2009.
    i detect a note of uncertainty in your post :D

disssco wrote: »
    ^ Ah come now I don't think they'd do that to us in fairness! :rolleyes:

Nuetronyx : can you tell me when the time-table for the acts will be released? I'm dying to plan my weekend of debauchery.

Why not? It was done a few weeks ago so is a valid quesiton... oh and do you really need the roll eyes there too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Aw man I've been wanting to go to this for a few years. People I know I are always raving on about it. If only I had a bit of cash!

Advertisement