Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

Got my ticket. Cannae wait. No dogs allowed :(;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Im not pleased with the fact that they arent releasing the line-up until the early bird window has passed. If they maintained this policy from the outset, id be okay with it, but when they said the line-up would be out at the end of the week, which meant the week gone, and then decided to withhold it, thats whats mildly annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭InTranceWeTrust

I hope the weather is good. Anyone know what the security and garda presence is like at life festival? I inquire merely out of concern for personal safety, it goes without saying that I have no intention of bringing any illegal substances into said event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I didn't see much of a presence, though I heard a few stories, and online the opinions ranged from being in line with my experience, to saying the festival was crawling with cops.

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    the festival was crawling with cops.

Lets hope this is the case in May. Imagine if security was lax and some hooligan degenerate brought drugs onto the festivals grounds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Lets hope this is the case in May. Imagine if security was lax and some hooligan degenerate brought drugs onto the festivals grounds.

This has got to be a wind up here or you've lost the run of yourself :D Life Festival was awash with drugs last year more so than any other festival ive seen since the early 1990's.and not just the usual E's, MDMA,Coke,etc there was hippies taking Mescaline and all sorts of drugs you have rarely or never hear of in Ireland.

Psy Trance probably more so than any other scene in dance (same as Acid Techno) is very much drug orientated (nothng wrong with that of course:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

as far as drugs were concerned, there were around 3 head shops on site last year so I'd imagine most folks looking beyond a little spliff were probably on legal stuff. not wanting to bring down 'the heat' on the organisers when there's not much to see :)

as far as the overall organisation of the event goes, it was pretty chaotic in places last year. judging by the lack of response from organisers this time round to simple email and communication with customers, artists, etc regarding what's happening then it looks like the Life folks have yet to figure out how to professionaly run a festival.

this is actually the first Life fest I'm thinking of not going to which is a shame cos the music and vibe have been great the last few years.

hopefuly they will have learned the lesson about heavy handed security and asswipes on quadbikes this time round.

jonny68 wrote: »
    This has got to be a wind up here or you've lost the run of yourself :D Life Festival was awash with drugs last year more so than any other festival ive seen since the early 1990's.and not just the usual E's, MDMA,Coke,etc there was hippies taking Mescaline and all sorts of drugs you have rarely or never hear of in Ireland.

Thank goodness no garda read the DJ forum.

And whats this about drugs and psychedelic trance going well together? I've never heard of anything more absurd.

old gregg wrote: »
    there were around 3 head shops on site last year

Great. Instead of the usual MDMA smiles and empathic vibes we'll have BZP wide eyes, anxiety-ridden faces and come-downs so bad that the grounds will be deserted the next day.

Great. Instead of the usual MDMA smiles and empathic vibes we'll have BZP wide eyes, anxiety-ridden faces and come-downs so bad that the grounds will be deserted the next day.
    exactly :D all that's missing then is for the headline act on the last night to be something like Cannibal Corpse just so's folks can spend their last night frightened sh1tless in their tents

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

BZP has just been banned by Harney so no fear of that.

Really, when did this happen? I can see a lot of headshops going out of business because their primary trade seems to be in these vile little pills. Hopefully other countries will follow suit and the shoddy gangsters who are unfortunately in control of the illegal dugs trade (thank you governemnts and legislaters of the world) will find it less easy to get piperazines and revert back to making good old ecstasy.

The jske that it finally did something right.

Thank goodness no garda read the DJ forum.

And whats this about drugs and psychedelic trance going well together? I've never heard of anything more absurd.

haha what planet are you living on mate seriously, have you actually ever been to any Psy Trance Rave (or any Rave for that matter), everyone is off their rockers and it's not alcohol or "legal highs" either.

/facepalm

jonny68 wrote: »
    haha what planet are you living on mate seriously, have you actually ever been to any Psy Trance Rave (or any Rave for that matter), everyone is off their rockers and it's not alcohol or "legal highs" either.
    maybe the psy-boys are just full of the joys of spring :p

I will not be doing drugs at this. I will be high on life. ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I will not be doing drugs at this. I will be high on life. ;)
    Me thinks thou doth protest too much...

I'm obviously taking the piss. I will be shpongled off my tits for the entire weekend. Who listens to psy-trance sober? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

Who listens to psy-trance sober? lol

I do. In fact I am at the moment. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Same here.

Psychedelics do enhance it quite a bit though :cool:

• Advertisement

I imagine it would go splendidly with some of your exotic chemicals Shulgin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

well i can confirm the first of the bigger names for our lineup for the REACH DnB tent...

Equinox (Amen Set) on Saturday.
    Goldie (History of Metalheadz set) on Sunday.
    Nicky Blackmarket (Oldskool / Early Jungle Set) on Sunday.

the DubCulture Dubstep Stage will be featuring:

Loefah (Swamp81, DMZ)
    Caspa (Dub Police)
    RSD (Smith & Mighty, Punchdrunk)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭nah_biy!

Who said mescaline was rare, lulz, it's completely legal isn't it? Thought the 6 hour cook up is a drag :(

Mescaline is extremely rare. I wouldn't call the stuff you get from cactus mescaline, unless you're a very skilled chemist the extract is going to have a lot of plant matter and other unwanted material in it. It does the job, but its like saying you have pure THC when you in fact have a bit of weed.

Pure mescaline would have to be synthesized. It never really took off because it is not cost effective to make it when you can cook up something like LSD with the same amount of effort and get a ridiculous number of doses to the gram. The only people with mescaline are going to be an eccentric chemist, uninterested in monetary gain, who has cooked up a bit for himself and his friends.

I think we should stop talking about drugs because we're going to attract a lot of unwanted attention to poor old life festival. I know I started it but I'm going to stop now I promise :)

Ah you'd extract mescaline from cactus if you wanted it isolated. Mescaline synthesis isn't really done afaik, since extracting it is easier and works just as well.

And by extracting, I mean a proper acid-base extraction, not just throwing it in some water for a few hours.

the old cactus enema. works every time :D

Where's the bleedin line up as promised yesterday:confused:

CMtranny that's a superb Jungle line up, Goldie, that's a real coup there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Caspa (Dub Police)

Ho ho ho....... brilliant, if Boxcutter was also there, id be in a world of amazement

FUTURE SOUND OF LONDON

CARL GRAIG - ASTRIX - GREEN VELVET

GOLDIE - SEBASTIEN LEGER - ALTERN 8 - OSCAR MULERO

ANDREW WEATHERALL - DAYDIN - KINDZAZA - CASPA

EARTHLING - EQUINOX - SILICON SOUND - RSD - PROTONICA - SUGAR EXPERIMENT STATION (NEIL LANDSTRUMM AND TOBIAS SCHMIDT) - CIRUS THE VIRUS - JELLYHEADZ - JAIA M-THEORY - NICKY BLACKMARKET - SUNIL SHARPE - LUKES ANGER - PETER GUAL

MR JONES SOUND SYSTEM - GENEPOOL - ZEFER - DIGITAL CIRCUS - MANDALA GROOVE – AL KEEGAN – RLB CONNOR G – SURGE DJS - DON ROSCO - DANNY ALONSO - DELORIENT - MATADOR - DAVID DE VALERA - AL REDMOND - XLR8 - GEOFF - SCOTT MCCABE & SAMJAY - VIC TRIPLAG - QVR - SYNERGY - BECKETT - RICKY FORCE - DANIEL RRELL - CRYSIS B2B NINJABIT - ALIEN ANGEL - EXECUTIVE STEVE - ELEKTRODUCHE - FUSION FAMILY - STU BREAKOLOGY - JACK IT DJS - SUBONE B2B KONSPYRACI - DROKRR - NATARAJ - PSYBABA - MILES IWES - WARBABY - MIXILE - KORK with VIOLINIST - MystErNon .... and many more

• Advertisement

Really looking forward to a couple of the more main stream acts in Andrew Weatherall and Carl Craig (absolutely killer at last years kidfest in Kildare)

Advertisement