Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival

Options
  • 05-03-2009 6:58pm

Maybe leave this one here, if it's moved to some festival board it will just get lost with the thousand rock events featuring the Kaiser Chiefs, Franz Ferdinand and Snow patrol.

Plus, no other festival here really caters to fans of ambient, min techno, psytrance etc. And this is the site for those fans.

Anyway, the best festival in this country is on in Westmeath at the end of May.

http://www.myspace.com/thelifefestival

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Damn May is a bit too soon why didn't they wait until August at least,im really not sure i can make this (my bird is due to give birth shorly after)why did they move it from Lough Lutra Castle in Gort?

That was a cracking location, don't see anything about a line up either,and i noticed the price has gone up by €15:confused: not a good move when there's a recession on although the early bird tickets @ €85 stil represents good value for money compared to the other rip offs!!

Gonna still try and make it though, i prefer this to alll the other festivals,is much more underground.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Its a shame its not somewhere more central. Gort was perfect. Meath is a lonnnnnnnng drive from down south. boo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Ugh, way too early, and I loved the Gort location... :(

Basically, I have a set of exams over the next two weeks. If I get above 60% average in them I'm exempt from summer exams and can go to Life, otherwise no Life for me this year :(:(:(

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    otherwise no Life for me this year :(:(:(

Literally or metaphorically? ;)

Gort was handy-ish, though driving from Kerry it was still a bit of a haul. Not sure why they don't have these things in Cork or Kerry, what with hippies being a large part of the target audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

Boo, way too early, people might still be doing college exams at that stage, might they not?

me I'm getting married that weekend, so no life for me this year, pity, it's a great festival

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

jonny68 wrote: »
    not sure i can make this (my bird is due to give birth shorly after

Congrats Jonny! Do you think you'll be going clubbing with him in 18 years?

Zascar wrote: »

Watch him bust a move to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDcwGmlJ6Ks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'd say Jonny is already getting the kid prepped and playing Asylum mix tapes to the pregnant belly

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

Shulgin wrote: »
    Its a shame its not somewhere more central. Gort was perfect. Meath is a lonnnnnnnng drive from down south. boo!

Gort wasn’t exactly very central either. Do an overnight drive and camp half way. We did it last year and it was great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

you know, I hope it goes ahead and after 2 years in the wet maybe having it earlier in the season might be a bonus.

at the same time, I'll believe it's happening when they start announcing artists 'cos any mail to the organisers is bouncing back having spoken with an artist who played there last year and had been hoping to return to Ireland and do another set.

• Advertisement

They’ve announced a few artists for the psytrance area.
    Astrix, Earthling, M-Theory, Mandala Groove, Genepool, DayDin, Jaia and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Never made it to Life before but might try this year. Thats a great location. Always had a good time when they did Garden Party there.

Astrix, Earthling, M-Theory, Mandala Groove, Genepool, DayDin, Jaia and such.

Worryingly, I know a few of those acts! Think some of them were at it last year, have a video of Genepool somewhere on my camera.

Yep. Mandala Groove and Genepool are both based in Ireland and played last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Yep. Mandala Groove and Genepool are both based in Ireland and played last year.

Think they are a father & son act from England living in Kerry, two ex drummers.
    Any live sets of theirs knocking about ?

derra wrote: »
    Think they are a father & son act from England living in Kerry, two ex drummers.

Yep. South Kerry, between Killarney and Kenmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭menuisier

does the 85€ include camping? http://www.life-festival.com/ seems to be down
    do ya reckon the change of venue might attract more of this type?
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/loyko/?action=view&current=3-1.jpg
    was at the last garden party and the crowd were good decent party goers,
    Ballinlough Castle is a great venue just maybe abit small

Zascar wrote: »

Could be a girl as well we're gonna wait and see;) and somehow i don't think id be stuill going clubbing in 18 ears time although stranger things have happened:D

Any live sets of theirs knocking about ?

Nope, but here's their myspace link

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=348650311

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Cheers for the heads up :) Good page with serious artwork on it :cool:
    Will keep an eye out for that album they seem to be releasing.
    The tracks on the page are very good, would like to hear them mixed out in a set alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Griff77

Cheers for the heads up, may head to it this year! Nice way to start the festival season! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Pity about the date - clashes with the Rory Gallagher Tribute Festival. not that im mad to go to that, but most of my friends are on for that, and with it being free except the camping charge, I think they'll choose that over Life - Sadly!

Im mad to go though, missed last year, and with it being last may, itll be the weekend after i finish my exams and hopefully drier than June/July etc...

Cheers for the heads up :)

Jherek's sister is a good dj too. Have seen her play in South Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Been to last last two Life Festivals and had a great time. Wasn't planning on going this year but seen as there's a change of venue.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭YozzerHughes

Deadly, this is a great location. 5 mins from my house! Meant to go before to Life but never made it. No excuse this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭neutronyx

Reasons for moving to 31st may is : Weather (end of may , begining of june normally sun shines) , bank holiday weekend (so people can enjoy fully sunday that promises to be a great day of music)...some of the acts planned are available for that weekend and not for another one. The venue (which we think is soo beautiful and just PERFECT! is also available for that weekend).. also more internal reasons from the organization point of view made us go for the 29-30-31st May.

Price is lower than last year (door 150E in 2008, door 120E in 2009 )
    Ok might be a bit soon for some people but it's the summer in Ireland what can we do? ;)

Lineup will be announced at the end of the week...then price will raise 10 euro. SO if you trust Life get your ticket now and save some cash.

Anyway as someone said in another forum "The line up is how many of your friends are going!!! your gonna miss the ones you wanna see anyway, thats a given!" :D:D:D
    Go LIFE

Gwaaarrrrn Life let the cat out of the bag who's the big name you've got lined up for us a certain act that played last weekend at a festival in England perhaps;);):D

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Aphex Twin ?

No way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

APHEX TWIN?? Wow, if only he was to play! :( Well, I think we just started an internet rumour there folks. New date plus new venue = :)

• Advertisement

Shulgin wrote: »
    Aphex Twin ?

No way :D

I was thinking someone else;) but indeed Aphex Twin would also be deadly to see.

how can i possibly go to this festival with my bird due a week later:eek::D

Advertisement