Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for airsoft lovers to take action!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Totally agree wtih above

At this stage it is not even libel, I can name here about 50 players, that I know week in week out cheat like ****ers.

I can name about 15 players I know always have hot guns, and always throw their hop up fully on o trick a chrono.

But I think a point that has to be made, is where did this come from? Why all the cheating, why all the hot guns?

Well because, certain sites were letting hot guns go into their sites. End of. People were getting away with it. So word fast spread, that it was the norm and that is was " ok cause there is a 10% limit".

If it was one or two people a week trying to trick a chrono with hot guns fair enough, if it was 10 people a week honestly mistaking their hop on fine.

But there is a ****ing serious amount of people knowingly gonig to sites with hot guns, and not getting chronoed properly, and sneaking in hot guns.

I've been hit with a 5j gun. Its not nice, its soar, but its not something id go mental about, where i played, it was legal, so fine.

But heres its 1j, we can ****ing moan and chat and ****e away till the cows come home, aboutwanting snipers with higher joules, we can wag willies about pyros and all ****e.

But if we cannot have one day where there isnt an incident of cheating, without trying to bring illegal guns onto a site, whats the ****ing point.

Seriously what is the point.

In future, me personally , should I experience cheating I'm literally going to take matters into my own hands in two ways.
    A) Leave the site and demand a refund of my money from the site owner
    B) Approach the player and question why he is a wanker, and restrain myself from bursting the head off him.

Hive hit the nail on the head, there is a serious lack of marshalls in sites. Its like asking a referee in football to ref two matches. Ireland requires a **** load of marshalls, because frankly theres so much cheating its needed.

So in effect, marshalling cannot be done. I said before, the only properly marshalled site is the warehouse, because of its small size and marshall numbers, it can be effectively marshalled.

I have to beg the question, why should I bother going to sites and pay €20 of my money, to end up coming home completely aggro and freaked over the amount of cheating.

Why should I go spend thousands on airsoft kit, to come up against cheaters, and get outgunned by some prik who lobs a 2j spring into a clone.

Why should me and my team mates bother doing training, when it will all be undone ingame with cheaters, who like in everything, are just **** skilled losers, couldnt win to save their lives so they cheat, to cover up their pure ****eness.

Ultimately it begs the question, why do I bother playing airsoft, spending all this money, all this time and effort, when I do not even enjoy the thing anymore. But then again, why should I be the one to suffer. I've spent thousands of euro, I can honestly say I have on two occasions been called by a marshall over hits, about 6 months ago, when i got shot in my hydration pouch on my back, and another day was shot in my pistol holster, impossible to feel, hard to hear with all the shooting going on. Why should I be made to suffer?

Cheaters should be sitebanned instantly, theres no hard call to make, I do not buy that, thats more bull**** to cover up the fact theres a ton of people who hate confrontation.

If I was marshalling tomorrow, and Richie and Tony, two close friends and colleagues were cheating, I would have no problem in telling them to take a hike. And I know they would be the same.

I would love to see a list of the players who have been lost to Airsoft because of the amount of cheating, honest good players who have stopped plaiyng because of the ****e.

I personally now do not feel like playing much anymore.
    Shiva today mentioned he doesnt bother too much because of the amount of cheaters.
    Masada one day stormed out of HRTA, and rightly so, it was so disgraceful and didnt skirmish for ages.
    Sam there has mentioned he doesnt bother.
    I'm sure Hive would rather play a game then marshall all the time.
    DrPepper usually has to go marshall when he is out, because **** gets so outa hand.
    And I'm sure the site owners would love to play a game the odd itme and not have to worry bout marshalling and peoples honesty.

Airsoft is in a sad state at the moment, a really bad one, for a small community and a new sport, its an awful sham. And for once the government had nothing to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭JonAnderton

This list will hold details of 'persistant and proved' cheaters I take it... Hate to think that just cos I didnt feel a few long distance shots to my vest I'd be banned... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Dude we seem to be of the same mind here. Would you be willing to pop up to us one of the days so we can chat and decide some form of system that is workable?

I have pm'd site owners just a few minutes ago to see are they willing to sign up to such a project, if any one of them agree then you will all here about it and the system will be worked on straight away, all site owners/retailers/marshalls/players and teams would be welcome to have theri say in the best way forward!

Hive, thanks a lot for your input on this thread man.

No hassle. I'll see when I'm next out your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Boroimhe

G3-Nut wrote: »
    too much whinging and moaning, the fun is being eaten away inch by inch...

I used to be a fecker for moaning about people not taking hits, id moan the hole way back from dublin to carlow about one guy not taking one certain hit....until i came across a revalation, and it has improved the game for me so much,

that i enjoyed getting in a firefight with a guy who clearly didnt want to take a hit that actually drew blood, he came and said it to me after the match, he showed me his hand and it was bleeding from a hit, he said i did it when we both fired a single shot at eachother at the same time, he hit my hand too, but then i wondered, wait, i remember looking back as i was walking to respawn, and he was advancing?? so i said it to him, if i hit him, why did he no go to respawn like i did, and he immediately changed what he said and tried to convince me, it was the ''second time'' we met at such close range, funny thing was it only happened me once all day...i actually laughed, i turned and walked away, but i knew as i walked away that i am, the better player of us both....

It kind of changed how i looked at non hit taking, after that when people dont take hits, and i am 110% that i did hit him, i kind of let a little YESSS inside my head, knowing i did get him, especially when you hear it hit him and he twitches, but then jumps to cover, or especially when i see it hit....i never complain, i point it out to the marshal, thats all, i dont start screaming at him to take hits, i dont even swear to myself, i just smile, knowing its another ass who couldnt take that he ran 30 meters for nothing:cool:

im telling you all,look at non hit taking this way, and you will not stress, point it out to the marshall, and smile, be happy, dont worry:D

Its great that you think like that G3, unfortunately not everyone sees it that way and the fact remains that cheaters and people using illegal fire arms are wrecking our sport no matter what way you look at it!

Something has to be done so hopefully some of those site owners reply to The Warehouse's pm and this system gets sorted out for all of us!

This list will hold details of 'persistant and proved' cheaters I take it... Hate to think that just cos I didnt feel a few long distance shots to my vest I'd be banned... :)

Good point Jon, it would be for teams and players that are constantly breaking the rules not the honest player that just didn't feel it!

It would also be a way of nailing down just what retailers and sites are allowing these issues to continue, what retailers are selling hot guns, what sites are allowing hot guns to be used and what marshalls are not doing their job?

These are the questions that need to be asked of us all!

• Advertisement

Totally agree wtih above

At this stage it is not even libel, I can name here about 50 players, that I know week in week out cheat like ****ers.

I can name about 15 players I know always have hot guns, and always throw their hop up fully on o trick a chrono.

But I think a point that has to be made, is where did this come from? Why all the cheating, why all the hot guns?

Well because, certain sites were letting hot guns go into their sites. End of. People were getting away with it. So word fast spread, that it was the norm and that is was " ok cause there is a 10% limit".

If it was one or two people a week trying to trick a chrono with hot guns fair enough, if it was 10 people a week honestly mistaking their hop on fine.

But there is a ****ing serious amount of people knowingly gonig to sites with hot guns, and not getting chronoed properly, and sneaking in hot guns.

I've been hit with a 5j gun. Its not nice, its soar, but its not something id go mental about, where i played, it was legal, so fine.

But heres its 1j, we can ****ing moan and chat and ****e away till the cows come home, aboutwanting snipers with higher joules, we can wag willies about pyros and all ****e.

But if we cannot have one day where there isnt an incident of cheating, without trying to bring illegal guns onto a site, whats the ****ing point.

Seriously what is the point.

In future, me personally , should I experience cheating I'm literally going to take matters into my own hands in two ways.
    A) Leave the site and demand a refund of my money from the site owner
    B) Approach the player and question why he is a wanker, and restrain myself from bursting the head off him.

Hive hit the nail on the head, there is a serious lack of marshalls in sites. Its like asking a referee in football to ref two matches. Ireland requires a **** load of marshalls, because frankly theres so much cheating its needed.

So in effect, marshalling cannot be done. I said before, the only properly marshalled site is the warehouse, because of its small size and marshall numbers, it can be effectively marshalled.

I have to beg the question, why should I bother going to sites and pay €20 of my money, to end up coming home completely aggro and freaked over the amount of cheating.

Why should I go spend thousands on airsoft kit, to come up against cheaters, and get outgunned by some prik who lobs a 2j spring into a clone.

Why should me and my team mates bother doing training, when it will all be undone ingame with cheaters, who like in everything, are just **** skilled losers, couldnt win to save their lives so they cheat, to cover up their pure ****eness.

Ultimately it begs the question, why do I bother playing airsoft, spending all this money, all this time and effort, when I do not even enjoy the thing anymore. But then again, why should I be the one to suffer. I've spent thousands of euro, I can honestly say I have on two occasions been called by a marshall over hits, about 6 months ago, when i got shot in my hydration pouch on my back, and another day was shot in my pistol holster, impossible to feel, hard to hear with all the shooting going on. Why should I be made to suffer?

Cheaters should be sitebanned instantly, theres no hard call to make, I do not buy that, thats more bull**** to cover up the fact theres a ton of people who hate confrontation.

If I was marshalling tomorrow, and Richie and Tony, two close friends and colleagues were cheating, I would have no problem in telling them to take a hike. And I know they would be the same.

I would love to see a list of the players who have been lost to Airsoft because of the amount of cheating, honest good players who have stopped plaiyng because of the ****e.

I personally now do not feel like playing much anymore.
    Shiva today mentioned he doesnt bother too much because of the amount of cheaters.
    Masada one day stormed out of HRTA, and rightly so, it was so disgraceful and didnt skirmish for ages.
    Sam there has mentioned he doesnt bother.
    I'm sure Hive would rather play a game then marshall all the time.
    DrPepper usually has to go marshall when he is out, because **** gets so outa hand.
    And I'm sure the site owners would love to play a game the odd itme and not have to worry bout marshalling and peoples honesty.

Airsoft is in a sad state at the moment, a really bad one, for a small community and a new sport, its an awful sham. And for once the government had nothing to do with it.

Once again Doc you speak mountains of truth!

too much whinging and moaning, the fun is being eaten away inch by inch...

I used to be a fecker for moaning about people not taking hits, id moan the hole way back from dublin to carlow about one guy not taking one certain hit....until i came across a revalation, and it has improved the game for me so much,

that i enjoyed getting in a firefight with a guy who clearly didnt want to take a hit that actually drew blood, he came and said it to me after the match, he showed me his hand and it was bleeding from a hit, he said i did it when we both fired a single shot at eachother at the same time, he hit my hand too, but then i wondered, wait, i remember looking back as i was walking to respawn, and he was advancing?? so i said it to him, if i hit him, why did he no go to respawn like i did, and he immediately changed what he said and tried to convince me, it was the ''second time'' we met at such close range, funny thing was it only happened me once all day...i actually laughed, i turned and walked away, but i knew as i walked away that i am, the better player of us both....

It kind of changed how i looked at non hit taking, after that when people dont take hits, and i am 110% that i did hit him, i kind of let a little YESSS inside my head, knowing i did get him, especially when you hear it hit him and he twitches, but then jumps to cover, or especially when i see it hit....i never complain, i point it out to the marshal, thats all, i dont start screaming at him to take hits, i dont even swear to myself, i just smile, knowing its another ass who couldnt take that he ran 30 meters for nothing:cool:

im telling you all,look at non hit taking this way, and you will not stress, point it out to the marshall, and smile, be happy, dont worry:D

IAs much as that may work ofr oyu, if everyone did that, airsoft would be ****ing muck and dead.

The point is, these people need to be banned, need to be punished, need to be sorted out.

I cannot believe that "firing squads" were for people not taking hits. OK so you have found a cheater, and your jsut going to shoot him? Grow balls and ban them.

If I catch someone with a few aces up their sleeve in poker cheating, I'd smash their face open, then the rest of the table would join in.
    If I caught someone kicking their golf ball along the fairway, I'd pull them up, ring in to the clubhouse, that player would be disqualififed and put on suspension.
    If someone in football two foot lunged me, theyd get a red card, 3 match ban, and then id smash their face in.

Are we seeing a pattern?

Why in airsoft, a sport I play competitively, should I have to put up with cheaters and hot guns and get that ****ing annoying reply " a its only for craic"

Sorry its not for craic, I do not play airsoft for fun all the time. I'm not going to Wales to touch willies with the lads, I'm going there to pit myself against the best. Yeah banter comes with everything, thats grand and good fun. But I'm competitive, I dont cheat.

Sunday we got thoroughly spanked by the ghosts, i didnt go rage, i shook hands, congratulated them and we had laughs after. During that game by god I was a raging bull, I was storming at them life after life trying to shoot as many as I could.

Maybe im the only person that you know, plays competitive games, competively. You this game is, one side agianst another, winners and losers, in the games. Thats the game, you dont stop half way and say " aw lads in fairness we ae beating you bad, come on we call it a draw". Maybe im the only one that thinks like this, and maybe im in the wrong game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

Boroimhe wrote: »
    Its great that you think like that G3, unfortunately not everyone sees it that way and the fact remains that cheaters and people using illegal fire arms are wrecking our sport no matter what way you look at it!

Something has to be done so hopefully some of those site owners reply to The Warehouse's pm and this system gets sorted out for all of us!

I was stricly speaking of non hit takers, as i mentioned many times in the post...

When it comes to hot guns, its a different story, i will say it here as i say to the team mates, if i ever get hit, by a hot gun, i will look at it as a case of assault with an un-licensed firearm(as the law requires)....

And i will take action, and gladly dislocate my knuckles off the criminals forehead for assaulting me(as my law requires)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

in fact lets agree on a new name for cheaters...something truly embarassing...something no one would want to be named...
    IMHO I don't think name calling will really sort this problem out.

I am 110% against cheaters and people using hot guns. Although I'm not sure having a big list on here of every cheater will do much. Although I do like the idea of blacklists being shared among sites as that way people have more to lose if they do cheat/use hot guns.

Even if you did do a list you would have to make a sort of wanted poster of them. As if you made a list how are people supposed to know who's who? You would need to ask for ID when people showed up on the site or something to that effect.

I like the idea of a blacklist I just don't know how you'd get it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Guys this is a tricky subject, and as needed as it is, it could very quicky decend into a witch hunt. Lets not forget that this is a public forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Speaking of HRTA and only of HRTA and only on the days I have been there (enough caveats?).

When I'm up, Pk or Neil you will see the following.

All guns are chronoed before etnering the game zone regardless of whether the gun has been there before or not and anything that is over will be turned away - which happens, regularly!

People not taking hits/talking corpses/aggressive behavior etc get a talking to, then they get sent back to the safe zone. I've rarely had to request someone be turfed from the site. Being "sent off" has often had the effect of embarassing the player enough that they go home of their own accord.

Safety Briefings have been given by myself and PK to every player entering the gamezone regardless of whether they have been there before or not. This one, I admit, has been a little lax due to the insistance of player to arrive ad-hoc throughout the day.

IAs much as that may work ofr oyu, if everyone did that, airsoft would be ****ing muck and dead.

The point is, these people need to be banned, need to be punished, need to be sorted out.

I cannot believe that "firing squads" were for people not taking hits. OK so you have found a cheater, and your jsut going to shoot him? Grow balls and ban them.

If I catch someone with a few aces up their sleeve in poker cheating, I'd smash their face open, then the rest of the table would join in.
    If I caught someone kicking their golf ball along the fairway, I'd pull them up, ring in to the clubhouse, that player would be disqualififed and put on suspension.
    If someone in football two foot lunged me, theyd get a red card, 3 match ban, and then id smash their face in.

Are we seeing a pattern?

Why in airsoft, a sport I play competitively, should I have to put up with cheaters and hot guns and get that ****ing annoying reply " a its only for craic"

Sorry its not for craic, I do not play airsoft for fun all the time. I'm not going to Wales to touch willies with the lads, I'm going there to pit myself against the best. Yeah banter comes with everything, thats grand and good fun. But I'm competitive, I dont cheat.

Sunday we got thoroughly spanked by the ghosts, i didnt go rage, i shook hands, congratulated them and we had laughs after. During that game by god I was a raging bull, I was storming at them life after life trying to shoot as many as I could.

Maybe im the only person that you know, plays competitive games, competively. You this game is, one side agianst another, winners and losers, in the games. Thats the game, you dont stop half way and say " aw lads in fairness we ae beating you bad, come on we call it a draw". Maybe im the only one that thinks like this, and maybe im in the wrong game.

But there is the difference in how we look at it, you play competitively, i dont, i am not on a proper team, and due to my location i dont intend to...you are speaking as if i dont to anything about non hit takers, when i clearly said i go and notify the marshalls doc....i just dont get thick about it, i walk over, hang the b*stard, and continue playing, leaving the marshall to issue the punishment, as i have no say in it, so i dont use up 2 minutes of my consentration going haywire...

Know dont get me wrong, i admit it, if i played competitively, i would go seriously aggro with some of the **** ive seen,

but i dont, and i dont want some cheating wanker to ruin my day after a 2 and a half hour drive up, so i dont keep it in my head after it happens....

Is there a particular style or game that gives itself over to cheaters. With the recent rise of MilSim style games which put a lot into tactics and missions as opposed to shooting and scooting, I was wondering if this would diminish cheaters or actually increase them, as being knocked out might make them miss parts of a larger game.

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    IMHO I don't think name calling will really sort this problem out.

I am 110% against cheaters and people using hot guns. Although I'm not sure having a big list on here of every cheater will do much. Although I do like the idea of blacklists being shared among sites as that way people have more to lose if they do cheat/use hot guns.

Even if you did do a list you would have to make a sort of wanted poster of them. As if you made a list how are people supposed to know who's who? You would need to ask for ID when people showed up on the site or something to that effect.

I like the idea of a blacklist I just don't know how you'd get it to work.

As site owners we know who you are, we already know who the cheaters are but most site owners are waiting for back up. We are here today saying that the back up is here! its time for us all to stop pondering to the **** that play this sport and to start taking care of our baby!

As site owners we know who you are, we already know who the cheaters are but most site owners are waiting for back up. We are here today saying that the back up is here! its time for us all to stop pondering to the **** that play this sport and to start taking care of our baby!
    Are you a site owner??.. If so, which one?

Is there a particular style or game that gives itself over to cheaters. With the recent rise of MilSim style games which put a lot into tactics and missions as opposed to shooting and scooting, I was wondering if this would diminish cheaters or actually increase them, as being knocked out might make them miss parts of a larger game.

Yes and im sure many experienced players will agree with me here, games where there are no respawns make 3/4 of the players cheat....

I have witnessed a member of a well known team doing this myself....just because no respawns, made me sick...

I dont know about milsims....but i know on a normal day, when there are no respawns, its just pure madness, sometimes i just hide for most of the match, then i begin taking people out when there are only a small number left and there is lots of eyes on them

Speaking of HRTA and only of HRTA and only on the days I have been there (enough caveats?).

When I'm up, Pk or Neil you will see the following.

All guns are chronoed before etnering the game zone regardless of whether the gun has been there before or not and anything that is over will be turned away - which happens, regularly!

People not taking hits/talking corpses/aggressive behavior etc get a talking to, then they get sent back to the safe zone. I've rarely had to request someone be turfed from the site. Being "sent off" has often had the effect of embarassing the player enough that they go home of their own accord.

Safety Briefings have been given by myself and PK to every player entering the gamezone regardless of whether they have been there before or not. This one, I admit, has been a little lax due to the insistance of player to arrive ad-hoc throughout the day.

Same in The Warehouse Hive, although we have had people that even after being taken out of one game have continued to cheat (barred)!

What I want is when something like that happens in HRTA, Paul calls or pms us and lets us know: who, what, when and why so we can suspend them from our site aswell as Paul suspending them from HRTA. That way they will have nowhere to go and WILL quickly learn their lesson (or they will leave our sport for the better)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

If you know who they are then go for it, you have my full support. If I can help I will as I really can't stand cheaters.

And I would be all for an official blacklist shared by the sites and retailers, as I have nothing to fear...I don't cheat :).

Are you a site owner??.. If so, which one?

I own 1/3 of The Warehouse Jon!

Just to clear up, I am not now, have not or ever will have a pop at marshalls or their work. I will have a pop at someone doing a ****e job, but for the most part marshalls give up their days play to help run a gmae and it has to respected.

Previous comments were stating, there is so much ****e going on in sites, that marshalls cant be everywhere at once and catch everything going on. And it is very hard for them.

So in esscence, when they catch one, **** them out of the site.

• Advertisement

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    If you know who they are then go for it, you have my full support. If I can help I will as I really can't stand cheaters.

And I would be all for an official blacklist shared by the sites and retailers, as I have nothing to fear...I don't cheat :).

We have done it dude (we have barred plenty), what we need now is for other site owners to agree to this system and then we will start sharing info!

Again this is the point of this thread!

Thanks for the show of support Andrew!

I own 1/3 of The Warehouse Jon!
    Nice one... Cheers, was just a bit confused, your first post was written from the point of view of a player, which I guess was relevant at the time... Cheers again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭The Warehouse

Nice one... Cheers, was just a bit confused, your first post was written from the point of view of a player, which I guess was relevant at the time... Cheers again

Yeah, I was posting it as a player because of the disgusting display I saw the other day. I wanted it to be seen as my personall opinion first and after for everyone to know that this is the opinion of Airsoft Reloaded also!

Yeah, I was posting it as a player because of the disgusting display I saw the other day. I wanted it to be seen as my personall opinion first and after for everyone to know that this is the opinion of Airsoft Reloaded also!

Thats fair enough.

Are bans for a limited and specified time then? enough for them to learn from their mistakes.. Are they issued with some form of 'receipt' explaining whats happened and when they can come back or something.

Are bans for a limited and specified time then? enoguh for them to learn from their mistakes..

We have barred some people for a limited time and we have barred some people permanently. It depends on what they did and the situation that surrounded the incident!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I like to think the milsim games avoid cheating.

For a start ye get more dedicated players, people who know each other better, and they are there because they want a more realistic, better game.

Wednesdays used to be that, the team day or whatever it was called, it was the day to avoid weekend cmag warriors in bullet proof molle vests.

Cheaters waste their time, why bother playing?

Again, milsim and its smaller numbers of dedicated players wins out in my eyes.

Thats fair enough.

Are bans for a limited and specified time then? enough for them to learn from their mistakes.. Are they issued with some form of 'receipt' explaining whats happened and when they can come back or something.

If other site owners agree then we will have to think of some form of system together!

I like to think the milsim games avoid cheating.

For a start ye get more dedicated players, people who know each other better, and they are there because they want a more realistic, better game.

Wednesdays used to be that, the team day or whatever it was called, it was the day to avoid weekend cmag warriors in bullet proof molle vests.

Cheaters waste their time, why bother playing?

Again, milsim and its smaller numbers of dedicated players wins out in my eyes.

I dont think moaning about molle vests is appropriate, since some dedicate players and TEAMS use them, then you migh aswell moan about ghille's;)

Rite people, before this thread goes miles off course.

Can I get anyone interested to post their ideas on what sort of system should be made and how it should be enforced and such!

My idea is that if people **** around in our site we will pm all other site owners letting them know and they can suspend them from their also. Its not publicly naming shaming but honest players will know they walk in and the marshalls won't let this guy in!

Also players will notice the difference in the signed up sites because only honest players will be there!

Any other ideas?

• Advertisement

I dont think moaning about molle vests is appropriate, since some dedicate players and TEAMS use them, then you migh aswell moan about ghille's;)

Lets not start going pc mad here G.

We are talking here to try and sort this mess out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement