Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for airsoft lovers to take action!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

In my experience, it is the seasoned airsofters that are the biggest problem for not taking hits. The lads that show up in hoodies and a pair of jeans or irregular players are usually very honest at taking their hits I find, it’s the lads that are fully kitted out, that are really into airsoft that refuse to take hits; I think they believe it’s an insult to accept a hit from someone that they would consider "inferior".

These lads that are really into airsoft are the worse culprits I think, I often see them shouting orders to other players, with BBs bouncing off them and they just continue to advance or whatever as if hits aren't part of the game, they seem to think that the game is all about them and advancing their team forward.

I'm sure i'd play a lot more than once every six weeks or so if cheating wasn't so rampant. Then again, how many people have posted in this thread so far complaining of cheating, when in fact there has to be several of us that have cheated ourselves. We need to be responsible for our own actions; every time any of us doesn't take a hit, we're contributing ever so slightly to the demise of the sport, as who wants to play in a game full of cheats?

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

+1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

It's nice to hear that as a community we all feel strongly about the subject of cheating and how it effects the sport.

On the subject of the cheaters themselves and sites allowing hot devices I would personally like to see a name and shame policy so I know what sites to avoid and what players to be wary of.

I dont get the skirmish that often and would hate to have the few skirmishes a year I get to ruined by players cheating and hot devices potentially injuring me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

In my experience, it is the seasoned airsofters that are the biggest problem for not taking hits. The lads that show up in hoodies and a pair of jeans or irregular players are usually very honest at taking their hits I find, it’s the lads that are fully kitted out, that are really into airsoft that refuse to take hits; I think they believe it’s an insult to accept a hit from someone that they would consider "inferior".

These lads that are really into airsoft are the worse culprits I think, I often see them shouting orders to other players, with BBs bouncing off them and they just continue to advance or whatever as if hits aren't part of the game, they seem to think that the game is all about them and advancing their team forward.

I'm sure i'd play a lot more than once every six weeks or so if cheating wasn't so rampant. Then again, how many people have posted in this thread so far complaining of cheating, when in fact there has to be several of us that have cheated ourselves. We need to be responsible for our own actions; every time any of us doesn't take a hit, we're contributing ever so slightly to the demise of the sport, as who wants to play in a game full of cheats?

Steve

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ok, I dont mean to make enemys or anything but I think part of the hot gun problem is the fault of retailers.

I can see one gun slipping through now and then, but its commonplace for first time players to turn up with their brand new JG G36C, ASG AK Beta or DBoys M4 variant and have it over the limit. Some may claim its the chrono, but when they read 360 rather than the 320 the shop tells the customer, I'd be suspicious. I'm not naming names but I think it would be in the interest of every site owner to keep record of where every gun that reads over was bought(that hasn't be altered). If a trend emerges, its time to conatact the IAA and ISARA.

Also, the reason chronoing takes to long is the use of a single chrono. Each site should have at least two, with two marshalls operating them simultaneously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭kiwi84000

Speaking from experience here Lethal its not an issue to chrono guns if done right.

1 Shot to see what the hop setting is on and control .2 mags for all variants.

Or the most common. (AK/M4/36/Styer)

3 shots fired through. If any fire over 1.00 of a Joule then its turned away.

I have chronoed over 30 guns in less then 10 mins and that was without control mags just a speed loader.

Issues do happen and I have even turned a few of the people posting in this thread away with some guns. (1.01 - 1.05).

With that said I have had guns come in that are >1.6J. There is no excuse for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Let's not beat about the bush here, by 'hot' guns, I'm talking about 480fps and higher, I don't know what the current real life policy is, but in the past, on a certain site, such an item has been checked and allowed through on promise that it would be 'fixed' by the next visit. I hope that this does not go on any more, I don't know. As others here, I now only visit sites I trust and where a core of regulars are enthusiasts and care about others, at least to some extent.
    No one wants to suck the fun out of the game, but something must be done to stamp out HOT guns and I don't mean a few fps over 328.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

tonky wrote: »
    Let's not beat about the bush here, by 'hot' guns, I'm talking about 480fps and higher, I don't know what the current real life policy is, but in the past, on a certain site, such an item has been checked and allowed through on promise that it would be 'fixed' by the next visit. I hope that this does not go on any more, I don't know. As others here, I now only visit sites I trust and where a core of regulars are enthusiasts and care about others, at least to some extent.
    No one wants to suck the fun out of the game, but something must be done to stamp out HOT guns and I don't mean a few fps over 328.

The only way for certain venues & retailers to cop themselves on is for the community to boycott their businesses. When profits are down, watch them change their tune.
    Vote with your feet & wallet. Hot guns are anything over a joule, that's it. There can be no compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

The only way for certain venues & retailers to cop themselves on is for the community to boycott their businesses. When profits are down, watch them change their tune.
    Vote with your feet & wallet. Hot guns are anything over a joule, that's it. There can be no compromise.

the thing is there i was at a certain site that seems to let a certain team run the show as in they are afraid of them for some reason i and friends were chrono'd but these boy's just showed up and because they are known and the site owners are afriad to say anything to them they wasn chrono'd and they ran the show from that point onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

My sister has a Co2 Beretta. It fires 460 fps with .177 bbs. Most importantly - she has a FIREARMS CERT for it. IMO 'hot' guns cant be stamped out with site-bans and retailer boycotts, they are a matter for the gardaí! As a real-steel shooter as well as an airsofter I would like to see anything that brings either of my sports into disrepute dealt with properly. Namely - holding an unlicensed firearm is a crime. Criminals are dealt with by....? Work it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

My sister has a Co2 Beretta. It fires 460 fps with .177 bbs. Most importantly - she has a FIREARMS CERT for it. IMO 'hot' guns cant be stamped out with site-bans and retailer boycotts, they are a matter for the gardaí! As a real-steel shooter as well as an airsofter I would like to see anything that brings either of my sports into disrepute dealt with properly. Namely - holding an unlicensed firearm is a crime. Criminals are dealt with by....? Work it out.

The problem is the authorities know & haven't reacted to it. That doesn't mean what the businesses are doing is right & ok. It isn't. We as a community can get more done & faster than the authorities.
    Legalities take time & money, I on the other hand can take my money to a legitmate venue & retailer. If everyone did the same, the blatant rule breakers will be left with with only 2 options, obey the law or close their business.

The real problem there is greed. Nothing more. Unscrupulous business men & women whom put money over the sport.

Personnally I'd rather be a rich & respected business man, than a filthy rich B*stard whom is hated by all. We can boycott, the authorities can prosecute.

If sites are stricter, the rule breakers will have no-where to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

moggser wrote: »
    the thing is there i was at a certain site that seems to let a certain team run the show as in they are afraid of them for some reason i and friends were chrono'd but these boy's just showed up and because they are known and the site owners are afriad to say anything to them they wasn chrono'd and they ran the show from that point onwards

Did you go back to this site? Was the problem still there?
    Alot of people in the community know about these retailers and site operators that allow hot aegs, but who is going to take a stand and name them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 proudtobeirish

I think you're spot on there.
    I would have asked for a refund, if they denied I'd have told them I would bring it to the attention of the Gardaí.
    As for the site manager that is extremely unfair as he was liable to punishment.
    As for those that are not calling out there hits, there is an honour system in place for airsoft and if you can't abide by it then quite frankly in my opinion you shouldn't be allowed play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭The Warehouse

All site owners that have shown interest have been pm'd, we will get this thing up and running soon. We can expect to see certain teams/players barred soon (You all know who you are).:mad:

Fair play to everyone for jumping on this thread and getting this thing going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Alot of people in the community know about these retailers and site operators that allow hot aegs, but who is going to take a stand and name them?

We cant name them without proof, because the threats to sue start flying.

We all know who they are though. As I said earlier, I've refused to upgrade guns past the legal limit, and had the customer pointedly tell me they'll go to another retailer, who they specifically named, and told me they wouldn't buy anything from me again. Its happened many, many times, as Dex, Masada and Doc can all attest to.

We all know who they are, and as Rhinocharge said, its all down to greed.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

And remember, it's not just up to the site/shop owners, it's up to the players as well, if know or see any thing, tell us, and if you are thinking of buying a gun, make sure it is under the limt, it's your money and your time, if all that are fare in this game, we will put a stop to it.

HRTA, Fingal, Rathbeggan and The Warehouse have said they will sign up to this system, Steve from the IAA said he will help organize it (Hopefully take the idea over) and I have emailed IASRA to get support the idea so here we go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Mrs MaxForce

sorry did not get back to you guys we are in for this as well up to our eyes at the momment think it is a brillant idea .

nope ive not been back to the site and nor will i to be honest with ya its not what this sport needs right now is people dragging it backwards instead of the way that the I.A.A are going there is no need for all good work to get undone is there?

its as said before site owners/manager's need to grow a set and say NO who care's if the person/s dont come back its their loss till they grow up a bit and take the game seriously

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Ive witnessed pretty much the same myself moggser.
    A guy i know got shot with a sniper rifle once and knew there was something dodgey about the power of it since he was quite a distance away. rather than go on a hissey fit he waited until they were back in the safezone and asked the guy for a look at it "wink wink" then went and stuck a round down the chrono in the safezone. the result was in the 420 range and after pointing this out to the fella in charge he was told and i quote " ahh yeah, thats just coz it has a new spring, it'll bed in once its used a bit".

thats bollix and im fukin sick of people pestering me to stick their M120 springs into their guns for them and then getting ratty when their told i wont do it. then simetimes i see these same people out when im gaming and i know for a fact that they are firing hot but the crafty f%&kers are switching guns after being chrono'd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

You know those magnetized tag things they have on clothes shops that cant be taken off with out bursting the paint, why dont ye tag chronoed guns with something like that to cut out the whole switching for hot guns scenarios.?

sure i know what ya mean there
    you know quite well they would do it as said stick a spring in and there ya go there 100% illeagel
    funny how some people dont have a conscience and would play like that anyway

and the quick swap o a gun after a chrono is the pits alright why bother your only cheating your self and the other honest players that somethimes just barely make it to a skirmish because they cant make it or afford it what ever the case maybe and to have them people ruin it for them

maybe a bit of coloured tape visible on the barrel to be put on a chrono'd gun by the site owner to mark it as safe for use??? only a tought tape with site name on it maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

does not have to complicated, we have found zip ties are your friend, fast to apply no damage to anything and lot of types available, we just use a different type each game day, have a selection and randomly choose

Puding wrote: »
    does not have to complicated, we have found zip ties are your friend, fast to apply no damage to anything and lot of types available, we just use a different type each game day, have a selection and randomly choose

yeah sure even cable tie's are ok still does the purpose of marking it as chrono'd so yeah i'd be happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

If I might make a suggestion.

A site should require all airsoft equipment brought onto the site to be registered at every session as part of sign-in. Every time. This will prevent AEG switching, and can allow a site owner to eject a player using un-registered equipment, or switching, as part of their Ts&Cs. Just a thought.

At the end of the day, it requires everyone sticking to it and enforcing it. As soon as any system starts slipping, it fails completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

kevteljeur wrote: »
    A site should require all airsoft equipment brought onto the site to be registered at every session as part of sign-in. Every time. This will prevent AEG switching, and can allow a site owner to eject a player using un-registered equipment, or switching, as part of their Ts&Cs. Just a thought.

um ... how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭A.I.M

sunday was a big eye opener for me as to the problems faced by site owners on a daily basis i had the best of intensions for the cup event but have to admit i did get a bit snowed under it is very hard to run and organise an event on that scale and then try to keep an eye on everyone
    we all want to stop cheating in our sport hit taking or hot guns and i think it would be a big help if players stood up and pointed the finger if they spot something go and tell the organiser or site owner dont be affraid to stand up and point someone out it's not much use complaining afterwards this is your sport you need to help out
    our next cup is in august and will be a weekend event with at least 16 teams some from the north and we have come up with some seriously strict rules for it already we limited the first to 8 teams because we were expecting some hicups but overall i think it was a good day but the next cup WILL go without a hitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭JonAnderton

Fair play

What were the teams entry qualifications? how do you decide who plays?

Lads, just to make this clear.

This thread is in no way a dig at Take Aim or Rathbeggan.

Take Aim are the first ones to bother making an Irish airsoft mag and to make the first massive Irish airsoft event, this was a great day, we saw all the biggest teams and the most serious airsofters under one roof for a common goal (to kick each others ass).

Rathbeggan is an excellent site, Dave is a sound guy and a great addition to our sport.

This thread is aimed at the teams/players that are constantly cheating and using hot guns. While we are at it we can make this system able to catch site owners and retailers that are encouraging such behaviour.

G-Tac, Rathbeggan, Fingal, HRTA and The Warehouse have signed up so far. Take Aim have said they will gladly support any move to stamp out these muppets and the IAA have said they will help organize and build this new system.

It is happening so cheaters/dodgy retailers/dodgy site owners be warned, we the honest airsofters will not have it anymore. No more wink wink deals!

• Advertisement

A.I.M wrote: »
    sunday was a big eye opener for me as to the problems faced by site owners on a daily basis i had the best of intensions for the cup event but have to admit i did get a bit snowed under it is very hard to run and organise an event on that scale and then try to keep an eye on everyone
    we all want to stop cheating in our sport hit taking or hot guns and i think it would be a big help if players stood up and pointed the finger if they spot something go and tell the organiser or site owner dont be affraid to stand up and point someone out it's not much use complaining afterwards this is your sport you need to help out
    our next cup is in august and will be a weekend event with at least 16 teams some from the north and we have come up with some seriously strict rules for it already we limited the first to 8 teams because we were expecting some hicups but overall i think it was a good day but the next cup WILL go without a hitch

Well said, it was a great day and fair play for putting all that effort in to build our sport. Its days like Sunday that are needed to get our sport where we want it!!

Kudos!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement