Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things I like about the recession

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

bobbbb wrote: »
    The pleasure people seem to get from the misfortune of others. I never would have believed it.

sorry bobbbb, nothing personal you understand, but i haven't a single cell in my body that has any sympathy for greedy social climbers. More often than not, they trampled all over everyone around them to aquire their short lived trappings, and now, if they haven't the arse in their pants, that's just tough.

The recession has just put manners on some people ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bobbbb

marcsignal wrote: »
    sorry bobbbb, nothing personal you understand, but i haven't a single cell in my body that has any sympathy for greedy social climbers. More often than not, they trampled all over everyone around them to aquire their short lived trappings, and now, if they haven't the arse in their pants, that's just tough.

The recession has just put manners on some people ;)

And you're just loving it.
    Though it has to be said - i havent seen any of these social climbers lose their pants myself.
    Im beginning to wonder is this recession a figment of people imagination. I remember meeting my mates in the dole office during the late 80's and early 90's. Virtually nobody had a job. That was a recession

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭MikeStrutington

That our children will never have as high a standard of living as that enjoyed in this country for the first 7 years of this decade.

Aw wait, things i like about the recession!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Getting to go on protest marches:D

agreed on the spoilt brats not driving to school thing; when i was in school one kid had a car(clapped out banger, we still thought he was god though!) and one kid had a scooter. was sitting at the bus stop last year at 8.50am and i counted 7 cars being driven by schoolkids.....and they were fancy:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

think its true aswell,those that had nothing during the boom or had no difference in lifestyle woundnt be bother much about getting €200 off the dole compare those builders/carpenters/plasters who made €1000 a week during the boom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

It's an excuse to go on the dole

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Less Range Rovers and X5's on the road, class!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭johnmacward

#68. Bringing microwave popcorn into the cinema, not me, some cheap skate I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

getting to spend more time with family and friends since everyones hours have been cut or them being unemployed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭limericklady87

Like the fact that there are less housewives dropping the kids to school in 08/09 4x4's and a juicy couture tracksuits. Im a student so never really had much money anyway but i notice that my parents cant give me much anymore...guess il really feel it when im signing on in september after graduating with a law degree... bummer :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

I dont know what a tracker morgage is....

And it doesnt matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Labreya

The fact that people take pitty on me for not having a job, and trying to console me, disregarding COMPLETELY all the slacking I did when "things were fine and jobs were plentifull".

Oh, the delicious slacking.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Watching all these people that bought 3/5/10+ house in 2004-2006, paying whatever amount the sellers wanted, thinking they could sell them in a few years and make millions. They pushed FTB's further out of cities or into shoeboxes. That was greed and stupidity and i have no problem laughing at their misfortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

Paramount Channel daytime tv.

its ace.

not like the old days of neighbours, quincy and ready steady cook :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭White_Feather

Marks and Sparks 12.50e meal deal! main course, side, desert and bottle of vino! yummie!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

That our children will never have as high a standard of living as that enjoyed in this country for the first 7 years of this decade.

Aw wait, things i like about the recession!?
    No no you got it right.
    Our elders got to whinge about worse times, we get to gloat about better times during the fabled celtic tiger and make the little feckers jealous :D

No I dont have kids and yes I am a bastard:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

That warm feeling I get when I discover all my neighbours are also joining me in getting a pay cut. A case of keeping down with the jones Cormses.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Labreya

No no you got it right.
    Our elders got to whinge about worse times, we get to gloat about better times during the fabled celtic tiger and make the little feckers jealous :D

No I dont have kids and yes I am a bastard:pac:

LOL!

"I remember when we bought things for the giddy thrill of it. Not like you kids now with your saving and whatnot!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

X) Get marches on the government every other weekend, its like a st paddy's parade everytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

being in Australia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

# Less bull****, and things being generally less hectic. And nearly all the hilarious Schadenfreude (karma) posts in this thread re the greedy bastards -- who pissed on other people during the Celtic 'Illusion' -- getting it in the ass, prison style.
    hussey wrote: »
    being in Australia

It's a worldwide thing, dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

# Less bull****, and things being generally less hectic. And nearly all the hilarious Schadenfreude (karma)-posts in this thread re the greedy bastards -- who pissed on other people during the Celtic 'Illusion' -- getting it in the ass, prison style.

At least he has nice weather and needs less clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Yeah but we can go to the beach on our days off ... and Australia isn't in recession

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

hussey wrote: »
    ... and Australia isn't in recession

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Being in Germany :D

Ze Germans are too busy being pretentious to notice the recession. They're taking the same attitude they took about the Jews in war times, push it under the carpet and pretend it didn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

6 rolls for a euro in my local bakery

seriously lads where can ya go wrong

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I like that I no longer get the :rolleyes: looks from people when I tell them I don't want to own a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Mary Harney is still as sexy as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭questioner

no more ridculous hairstyles on lads, short back and sides all round thank you very much

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gadfly

Parents spending more time with their family. More dads bringing their kids to school.

Advertisement