Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things I like about the recession

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

B) No more problems getting a parking space in Dundalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

small letter dam it, its a recession

c) i'm not embarrised to be seen in Lidl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

BK have a recession burger!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

No more sh*te Celtic Tiger movies - Tiger's Tail, Trouble With Sex, Goldfish Memory, About Adam.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

The missus puts out more.. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Certain prices are being slashed, €1.63 Chicken Fillet Roll anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

You have company for your misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

I've got so much less to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

Businesses that were blatantly ripping people off in the boom years are closed down or will be soon.
    And Topaz have nicer signage than Statoil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭n0fX

People are actually starting to talk to each other again, neighbours, old friends, etc. We are all in this together!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Dole

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I) When I get my car in a few weeks it'll be cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

dsmythy wrote: »
    Rush hour is slightly more bareable.

You can't strip off in rush hour:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

W) It makes me feel way more superior when I'm in Starbucks on my Macbook Air while listening to music on my iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

not feeling like a loser for paying off my mortgage, I was actually told that once:D

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

W) It makes me feel way more superior when I'm in Starbucks on my Macbook Air while listening to music on my iPhone.

ah.. starbucks. Everytime i tried going into the one on Dame St, it had a queue full of teenagers with fake american accents and cheeriful emo kids who were not conforming to 'the herd image'. :rolleyes:

Pity the coffee kiosk in the Ilac is gone. They always made me a nice coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The decrease in the purchase of electrical goods can only have a benificial effect on co2 emissions / golbal warming .

well I had to think of something

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mayblue

erica-d wrote: »
    3. Estate agents are now nice to you and not cocky!

not in my recent experience unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭livvy

please let it mean less teenagers will drive to school and the ones that continue to will have a student looking car, as opposed to the 08 Mondeo they drove last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

pampered snot nosed sh.its born circa early 90's will now hopefully be dealt a firm cold helping of reality...

hopefully they'll stay at home watching the last few episodes of Xpose* on TV3, and crying over the tacky bling shite they can no longer afford, instead of taking up valuable space in my locals beer garden :)

*bound to be axed on the grounds of causing crass offence to the general public

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

i well belive that link/post alright,alot of them married the builders during the boom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bobbbb

That I still dont personally know anyone whose lost their job. But people talk about job losses like they are rice crispies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

stuck up neighbours that used to change their cars every 5 minutes having to go back to a car like one of us mere mortals. I love seen the sad faces on the fookers.

same seany,alot of people went complety mad during the boom,now we really know whos rich or not

bobbbb wrote: »
    That I still dont personally know anyone whose lost their job. But people talk about job losses like they are rice crispies.

maybe you didn't move in the same circles as bankers and property developers etc;)
    but that's no harm, if they've lost everything, fuck them.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Let's try letters.
    Let's try 8-bit binary

00000000 Rediscovering the joys of the packed lunch.

marcsignal wrote: »
    maybe you didn't move in the same circles as bankers and property developers etc;) but that's no harm, if they've lost everything, fuck them.:D

true,some was some peoples own doing,look at the property abroad thing,alot of ejits did it to keep up with the jones now they are all been reproed

Fred83 wrote: »
    true,some was some peoples own doing,look at the property abroad thing,alot of ejits did it to keep up with the jones now they are all been reproed

A BIG +1

when I see greedy bastards getting it in the neck, the schadenfreude gives me a hard-on :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bobbbb

The pleasure people seem to get from the misfortune of others. I never would have believed it.

Advertisement