Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday: Sleet and Snow - Connaught, Leinster, Ulster

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Check the radar

http://raintoday.co.uk/

Its just around the corner for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Hoping against all hope for snow in Louth tonight.

Was just looking at the UK Met Office website, some of the jobs they are advertising sound so interesting - wish I knew a bit about weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 northtipp

temp rising here from -3 a hour ago to -1.6 now and still very cloudy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'm wondering if there's a huge anaprop ahead of the real stuff. Some false images on the UK radar picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 pfk-0p

-3.5c/ DP -4.0 down from -2.7c/DP -3.3 an hour ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

the snow apocalypse will be upon you soon Pangea. i'll be shocked if you don't get snow for at least a while considering it's snowing in the south west.
    ahh that sounds real good, lets hope so, il keep yas updated. No drops here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

im right here on the west coast and i cant believe its still dry, it also feels really mild outside,

Some nice flakes falling now in north cork

Temp down to 2.0c

• Registered Users Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

im right here on the west coast and i cant believe its still dry, it also feels really mild outside,

hmm strange it's still dry there over in Westport.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Joe Kname

Yeah, the radar images are saying that it should be precipitating ...well...something here in Limerick for the last half hour (or so), but it's as dry as bone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Mild?
    Dam ,get urself up to donegal, its bloody freezing here , ice everywhere ,just seen a badger outside my house looking for something to eat! lol

yea its a mystery completely dry, met.ie radar shows moderate precipitation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭homosapien

its snowing lightly in Cork city..nice icy flakes falling from the sky...I hope this lasts..nothing melting yet as it settles on cars.

just poped outside, very cloudy overhead now, and also not feeling as mild, but i imagine it will be cold cold rain falling from the skies over westport,

Bouys off Cork and Kerry are showing air temps of up to +10C!

Very odd.

light snowflakes falling in westport, winds picked up, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

light snowflakes falling in westport, winds picked up, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes!! great stuff. if it's snow that close to the sea surely it will be snow further inland.

its cuming down fairly heavy now, but they are very small flakes, but no sleet, they are swirling around and air born, sticking to the roof of the car outside,im a mile from the ocean!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Nice to here it's snowing in the west, It should definatly snow here as im well inland

what are the chances of this turning to sleet or rain by morning and spoiling the party, ?

• Advertisement

Its after turning to sleet here now. temperature rising.

what are the chances of this turning to sleet or rain by morning and spoiling the party, ?

i'm a afraid it's quite likely unfortunately because you are so close to the sucky Atlantic. where as for someone like danni2 who is further inland it should remain as snow for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 northtipp

just starting to snow here now in nenagh light snow but it is snow all the same so weel see how lond it last before it turns to rain temp -1.3

Think this is a non-event lads :(

Confab wrote: »
    Think this is a non-event lads :(

no it's not.
    the front is just slow-moving. it'll hit dublin around dawn- which is perfect if you are looking for snow because thats the coldest time of the night

Mea culpa :o

I'll set me alarm for 7am - bit of the white stuff wouldn't go amiss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

Well in Cork city there is no snow or anything else for that matter. It is really really cold outside though.

it has started to snow ever so lightly here now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

In on night shift here covering sick leave. No sign of anything yet in Co Fermanagh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Right im off duty now , after about 3 hrs of slight snow im happy to report sleet atm , 0.9c/dp 0.8c , sse 16mph .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement