Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday: Sleet and Snow - Connaught, Leinster, Ulster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭larry1

1 inch + here in Dublin 18 and still falling. Better get the kids up as it will have melted by the afternoon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Covered here in donegal, lovely 2 or 3 inches ,and still falling.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

ytareh wrote: »
    Well as a non 'met . guy' the snow here in Leixlip seems to have gone from a light frosting with slight trickling of snow at 730am ish to heavy general coverage with steady continuous fall at 9am.I simply cant imagine this gone by the afternoon .Road in our estate is covered in heavy snow .At this rate it will be at kerb height in an hour or two...Can an expert please confirm that I wont have to go to work tommorow !!!???PLEASE!I went into work 70km away last Tuesday (my birthday!) and it took an hour to do the last few km of my journey home around 430pm when the snow had compacted on the roads to sheet ice....

There is another hour of snow, maybe?

I'd say there will be a thaw of lying snow at lower levels this afternoon, however the problem tomorrow morning will possibly be ice as it is forecast to be very cold tonight.

However Met E are now forecasting (as per radio just before 9am) wintry showers for afternoon, including to east, more heavy rain and snow for soutern counties tomorrow with strong easterly (more showers for east coast).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Ratmines has it fairly heavy for the last half hour. Doesn't seem to be letting up.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Woke up and flicked the curtain expecting the usual frosty start to the day... what a surprise to see snow falling again, and sticking! - Nice and fresh too with no car tracks as yet :) What a winter this has been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

Snowing in Rathfarnham, have my ski gear on and going out skiing after breakfast!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Turned to light snizzle now. 0.0c DP -1.0c

Indeed this has been an incredible winter, although today is my first real snow of the winter ,i still love all the ice and frost, and dont forget if it there wasnt any snow potential we would be talking about the lovely ice and frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

snow in Naavan right now. :)

th_snow2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

Long shot but is there anyone here living in ballinteer with a 4x4? Looking for a tow! Slight gradient on my road but my rear wheel drive car aint budging!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Woke to a blanket of snow here in Clonee/D15 this morning - about 1.5 inches at the moment. Still a heavy fall of smallish flakes. A few of the snowmen from Monday and Tuesday had survived, this will do them good. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Pangea wrote: »
    Indeed this has been an incredible winter, although today is my first real snow of the winter ,i still love all the ice and frost, and dont forget if it there wasnt any snow potential we would be talking about the lovely ice and frost.

Absolutely, I remember during many recent winters it being a treat some mornings to wake up to some heavy frost.

Oh and congrats on your first proper snow for the winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JFKIRELAND

Heavy snow now in D5. Light for the last hour. About 2cms accumulation so far. Heres hoping.......:p

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

About 5 inches of snow in Kells right now and still falling heavily. N3 is full of snow and ice, grit had no effect. Gf had to turn back on her way to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

920am...it has slowed to a tiny insignificant 'snizzle' indeed now as predicted ...jeez do you guys do financial predictions too !?

amazing - place is totally covered in snow. Went to bed around 1am skies were mostly clear. In fact a Polish friend who is over remarked that that means a good day tomorrow but of course I laughed and said "usual rules dont apply to Ireland" but was not expecting this. Beautiful. Although its ruined my hiking plans.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,701 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Covered here in donegal, lovely 2 or 3 inches ,and still falling.

same here on the accumulation front:). although, it's raining lightly now

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

Whiteout here in Letterkenny too and still falling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Light snow here about a cm on the ground:D

still snowing moderate to light here.
    About 2 inches of fresh powdery fluffy crunchy cover.

-0.1c
    Dp is -1.3c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Not inches here, just cm! about 2
    Still light snow.
    0.1/-0.9

same here on the accumulation front:). although, it's raining lightly now
    Great , suprised its raining there, still snowing here :p
    its not gona last is it?

Mothman wrote: »
    Not inches here, just cm! about 2
    Still light snow.
    0.1/-0.9
    If it makes u feel better

[SIZE=+1]2 centimeters = 0.787401575 inches[/SIZE]

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

still snowing moderate to light here.
    About 2 inches of fresh powdery fluffy crunchy cover.

-0.1c
    Dp is -1.3c

hi

no internet for 2 days - a solid ice drive way - car stuck in it - 0 thaw since - & then this ???? WTF

temp .8 DP -1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Whiteout in Ballina - started to thaw but snow falling from the sky now:D

EDIT: I mean County Mayo, not Tipperary!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Light snow here now, nearly 1cm on the ground :eek::eek:

Stamullen, Co Meath.

Come on clouds....

Great , suprised its raining there, still snowing here :p
    its not gona last is it?

it should be clear there before 12 pm. it'll probably stay as snow over most of northern ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Its proper powder snow!

With a nice crunch when you walk on it! AND it doesnt wet your hands when you pick it up :eek::D:D:D

Whiteout in Ballina - started to thaw but snow falling from the sky now:D

:eek::
    that's surprising. as it's turned to light rain here now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The snow in Ballina is a heavy shower, won't last too long I'm afraid:( Edit: still applies to Ballina, Co. Tipp.

In other news:
    rte.ie wrote:
    There's frost on roads in Louth

I can personally tell you there's more than just frost on roads in Louth:D

Started snowing here around 7.45, very lightly. Been building up steam gradually for the last hour and there's now a good centimetre on places where the snow had thawed out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement