Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday: Sleet and Snow - Connaught, Leinster, Ulster

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

darkman2 wrote: »
    60hrs out. Alot of snow for many away from the coasts if this came off.

60_30.gif

As for tomorrow - it's snow to rain really. I don't expect much but any snow that does fall should settle on the ground. A few cm's. Maybe a dusting here before turning to rain.

Yeah for Monday night into Tuesday it does look to be a bit of a snowfest for the southern part of the country.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

peasant wrote: »
    the front is due to hit the soutwest in the next half hour

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

http://www.meteox.co.uk/h.aspx?r=&jaar=2009&maand=02&uur=20&minuut=00&dag=07&id=633696354634671250&type=expbld

Looks like it will be coming in off the west /south west coast about 9, but there does not seem to be much happening elsewhere until midway through the night.

Well i suppose it means i will get an early enough night , because if there was something about to happen near me about 11 or 12 , I would be engrossed in this forum (As I have been for the last week,not a bit of work done )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

For the people that currently have snow, I think whatever happens tomorrow we will still have snow at the end of the day on the ground especially on the higher ground.
    I had to remove some snow today from some stuff and even though the air temperature was above freezing, the snow itself underneath was frozen hard to the surface it was on.

Warning....I'm no expert its just an opinion...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i'm still not convinced it'll be snow in Connacht . however, if i'm wrong would it be optimistic to expect 5 cms of lying snow out of it before it turns to rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

There is a lot of snow in the area with quite bad roads.
    It is also very likely that there will be fresh snow cover there on top of that by tomorrow morning.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

This front isnt gona affect donegal is it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

It will effect Donegal. Probrably will be snow for a while.

BTW this looks ahead of schedual and I reckon the precip will arrive East Coast maybe by 2 or 3AM which would likely tip the balance well in favour of snow.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Now -2 to -3C across most of country.

Valentia dropped from 3C at 7pm to 2C at 8pm and is still 2C with sub zero dewpoint with precipitation imminent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Looks a bit marginal to me tbh, maybe the high spots might get something. Not expecting anything here anyway. Ok, I know the DP and temps are very good but I'm just not convinced. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Edit: Just saw the radar. Yikes.

Radar looks sweet ,unless it moves northwards then i think donegal will miss it.

• Advertisement

Mothman wrote: »
    Now -2 to -3C across most of country.

Valentia dropped from 3C at 7pm to 2C at 8pm and is still 2C with sub zero dewpoint with precipitation imminent

in the space of 20 minutes of precipitation the dp and temperature will likely rise a fair bit. so it really will be marginal for the west and southwest and any snow that does fall will probably turn back to rain within an hour.
    as always in these situations northern ireland is certain to see snow at all levels and it will probably stay as snow up there. it won't miss donegal, pangea, and if any place in ireland sees snow out of this it will be Donegal.

Great ,thanks for explaining ,hopefully i will see a nice covering of snow by morning time maybe ,and u too nacho!

Meteolarm has upgraded us to yellow in the past few hours

Meteolarm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

What about Waterford any chance of snow or will we get our usual rain?

Looks like it might bypass Waterford altogether and hit Dublin and anything in it's path. Won't get here for another three hours though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

right, according to the forecast, its just arrived in the west.

any boardies over there, give us a shout on the weather happenings! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

hasnt reached galway city yet will post when it does

• Registered Users Posts: 29 northtipp

-2c and cloudy no snow here yet ill let ye know if and when it does

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

right, according to the forecast, its just arrived in the west.

any boardies over there, give us a shout on the weather happenings! :D
    according to the radar it's right over me ...according to the window ...nada :D

• Advertisement

Got very cloudy here now ,sooo cold here , cant see the moon anymore , very bright outside ,I can see my own shadow!

Pangea wrote: »
    Got very cloudy here now ,sooo cold here , cant see the moon anymore , very bright outside ,I can see my own shadow!

the snow apocalypse will be upon you soon Pangea. i'll be shocked if you don't get snow for at least a while considering it's snowing in the south west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

sean555 wrote: »
    hasnt reached galway city yet will post when it does

nothing happening here yet. High cloud, temp 1.9C & no precipitation - despite what the radar says:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 northtipp

shannon rader gone down if u look at the rader images whats new

Peasant, any heavy cloud or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Dp has dropped from -3 to -4 at Dublin Airport at midnight. -3.3 here now. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html appears to show a band of precipitation half way across country at midnight - big jump from 30 mins earlier - at that rate it would be in Dublin in next couple of hours. http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp doesn't really show it that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

yepp, cloud alright, but no pissipitashun whatsoever:D

bizzare. all the radars show it well inland already. yet there are no reports from sligo or the west of mayo of precipitation yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

It has just started here (Near Mallow) and its Graupeling .:D

Temp 2.2C

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Still 1.9C here and can see stars!! Wheres the snow/sleet/rain??:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement