Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Phase 2 (Wednesday onwards)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

2.7 and dp of 0.1, temp and dew point dropping nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

redsunset wrote: »
    also pushin across to east and southeast.
    sorry i stopped listening after i hear donegal :P

ugh that's just down right offensive if the news report is accurate and we are set to miss out:mad:
    nacho dont worry im not counting on anything either, we were given heavy snow on tuesday and it didnt come :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I missed the warning on rte could some one please sum up what was said, please:)
    my reply to pangea sums it up i suppose.

Pangea wrote: »
    sorry i stopped listening after i hear donegal :P

nacho dont worry im not counting on anything either, we were given heavy snow on tuesday and it didnt come :rolleyes:
    yeah ya nuts all outside communication ceased to exist after the d word was mentioned ha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 fruglo

any chance of kildare (leixlip) getting any more snow before the weekend? looking for another day off school :pac:

• Advertisement

fruglo wrote: »
    any chance of kildare (leixlip) getting any more snow before the weekend? looking for another day off school :pac:
    yeah 2 foot.get ur shovel ready:Dno seriously prob be feck all.radar looks crap

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

any snow for mayo at all? why has the focus shifted to the north and north east, at any stAGE will we see any snow in mayo ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

yeah 2 foot.get ur shovel ready:Dno seriously prob be feck all.radar looks crap

Ignore the radar for the moment, the IR sat images would appear to be showing that at the convergence zone that things are developing apace. So precip will appear in this zone later imho

What concerns me is that my DP isnt dropping in the last couple of hours.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

DP has dropped to 0 at Dublin Airport at 1800.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

I'm flying out at 630. I doubt there is going to be a large amount of snow in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,719 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Supercell wrote: »
    Ignore the radar for the moment, the IR sat images would appear to be showing that at the convergence zone that things are developing apace. So precip will appear in this zone later imho

evelyn, just now, didn't mention anything about snowfall for the east or mention anything about signifiant snowfall anywhere. perhaps that weather warning on the RTE news was meant for Wales and the south of England:pac:

Its fascinating, warm muck from the southern front has reached here I think.

However a convergance zone seems to be making clouds in a spear accross the country at Dublin latitude.

So what am i rambling about...ignore the radar images unless you are very close to the precipitation currently is.
    I think precip will start in the Dublin area in the next few hours and may be wet but will get colder as the cooler norn iron stuff makes its way southwards.

I reckon the Dubs could see a rain - sleet - snow- sleet -rain event tomorrow.

I also forecast this forum will go mental as the Dubs think the Day After Tomorrow has arrived :pac::pac::p

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »

yeah was lookin up the meaning of convergence the other day an its mad how the updraught creates the cloud for precip cause it simply has nowhere else to go.as for dewpoints here's hopin they drop like a stone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

evelyn, just now, didn't mention anything about snowfall for the east or mention anything about signifiant snowfall anywhere. perhaps that weather warning on the RTE news was meant for Wales and the south of England:pac:
    I know ,what the hell ?
    RTE are getting their messages crossed , the news said heavy snow and the forecast said nothing of the sorts :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭j1979p

I seem to be 22 metres above sea level :D

Ahh, so you're a north Portmarnock man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

im sick of listening hearing and seeing snow on the tv, and extremely fed up with met eireann, any ow roll on spring

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

All i want is a hot summer and a long one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,719 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

im sick of listening hearing and seeing snow on the tv, and extremely fed up with met eireann, any ow roll on spring

You don't really mean that about Spring. you are just scarred from getting your hopes up so often only to be let down. don't lose hope;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

pear shaped

mad IR image.there like two lines of troops running at each other to battle right across middle of ireland.lets hope it explodes with loads of the white stuff:D

• Advertisement

heres the image

image.ashx?country=eu&type=last&sat=

mad IR image.there like two lines of troops running at each other to battle right across middle of ireland.lets hope it explodes with loads of the white stuff:D

IT WONT(STOPWITH ALL THE WISHFULL THINKING):mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭smilgy

Theres no need to shout :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

jonny_b wrote: »
    All i want is a hot summer and a long one at that.

Eh! There's discontent creeping into the ranks!! Take 'em out before they infect the rest of us! :p

Besides, the past few springs have been pretty cold also, so I'm afraid you'll be waiting a few months before you are guarenteed some half decent warm weather :cool:

alot of negativity in the air this evening.surely half the fun is hopin.did ya not get a nice dumping on monday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Lighten up and let us have our fun !

The Dublin line is awsome, I'm truely admiring nature doing its thing there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I wouldn't mind more snow once we get an early spring, second half of March in the high teens touching on 20 deg C like a couple of years ago would be heaven.....probably more wishful thinking....

Lighten up and let us have our fun !

There is nothing fun about being let down with these things. there is no need to get peoples hopes up for nothing

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

alot of negativity in the air this evening.surely half the fun is hopin.did ya not get a nice dumping on monday.

ahem.................................no

not of snow anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement