Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Phase 2 (Wednesday onwards)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    Correct, Its drizzling rain here , the ground is a bit wet now.

damn. if it's just rain there i can probably forget about snow here until the front is about to clear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Snow in Derry apparently so it won't be long.

As for Kerry. Maybe...no one knows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

looks like our neighbours are in for another pasting.NOT FAIR.
    A weather system, moving up from the south and west of England overnight into central England and Wales, will bring the white stuff.
    Sky News weather presenter Lucy Verasamy said: "Although there's something of a lull, don't be deceived, more snow is on its way tonight and tomorrow morning.
    "It'll turn to rain along English Channel coastal counties and the south-east, including London.
    "But, for remaining areas of southern Britain, there'll be some significant snow - there's a possibility of 10cms accumulating in some spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

I really dont think we're gonna get snow again, we're not that lucky to get it twice in the same week these days.... especially in carlow as it is only 57m above sea level

I dont want it anyway, sick of it all now at this point.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

jonny_b wrote: »
    I really dont think we're gonna get snow again, we're not that lucky to get it twice in the same week these days.... especially in carlow as it is only 57m above sea level

I think I remember some one asking how to find out the height above sea level in a previous post, and i found this and thought it mite help

http://www.earthtools.org/

currently in Newbridge its 3.2 and DP 0.6 and 298.6ft above sea level, still some snow left down here from the last few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

With air 3.6c / dp 2.1c the only thing here sticking for now will be the drizzle........imby.:(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I think I remember some one asking how to find out the height above sea level in a previous post, and i found this and thought it mite help

currently in Newbridge its 3.2 and DP 0.6 and 298.6ft above sea level, still some snow left down here from the last few days

Thanks for the link - couldn't remembee where to look (didn't try too hard!) found out I am at 265ft asl

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lol, know how you feel, got more than enough IMBY, as long as I can catch my flight to China on Monday any sneachta can stay the hell away from now on, though it is pretty to look at. The excitement for a one cm "dumping" tomorrow hardly seems worth it!
    The six inches or so left in my back garden will still be there on Monday though probably only down to an inch or two by then, which is fine by me.

If there are blizzards tomorrow morning this post never happened :pac::pac::D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I seem to be 22 metres above sea level :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Latest metoffice radar shows heavier precip behind the main weak front. Play back the loop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

yes i asked also thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Supercell wrote: »
    Lol, know how you feel, got more than enough IMBY, as long as I can catch my flight to China on Monday any sneachta can stay the hell away from now on, though it is pretty to look at. The excitement for a one cm "dumping" tomorrow hardly seems worth it!
    The six inches or so left in my back garden will still be there on Monday though probably only down to an inch or two by then, which is fine by me.

If there are blizzards tomorrow morning this post never happened :pac::pac::D

Hmmm , ramping in reverse , new one to me :D

Im around 34 m above sea level! Good or bad?

6 news now has warning coming up of snow tonigtht

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Im 57m which i consider bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Thanks for that. My part of Ballon is 279ft above sea level. Some snow left on the grass thats about it. I don't know how to just thank posts. Anyone help this luddite.

hmm the radio forecast just now wasn't great at all. there will be sod all snow out of this front tonight and the showers tomorrow and on friday will be largely be confined to the north west and north east.

Very important weather poll here you're best guesses are appreciated in this matter of significance :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

so why is their a warning comin up on the news shortly bout it.i think they like to cover all the bases

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

Here here we got hardly any snow here in Waterford City nothing but rain.

• Advertisement

redsunset wrote: »
    so why is their a warning comin up on the news shortly bout it.i think they like to cover all the bases

this point was raised before, about the disparity sometimes between the radio and tv forecasts. you'd swear they were different forecasting organisations. however, that said i've not seen a tv forecast today, so they maybe in tune over what's going to happen tonight and over the next couple of days . i'm eagerly awaiting the tv forecast at 6:55pm.

Cool!, look at http://sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=ir&type=loop

Seems like the convergence zone is smack over Dublin with a spear of cloud appearing..this bodes well for later imho..

well what ye think of that warnin

hmm the radio forecast just now wasn't great at all. there will be sod all snow out of this front tonight and the showers tomorrow and on friday will be largely be confined to the north west and north east.

The warning on rte just now was good!!
    It said Donegal Donegal and Donegal would be hit over night ,
    sorry if i forgot what other counties was mentioned lol

ok think it was fermanagh and monaghan :p

and WOW at 5 foot of snow on wicklow mountains!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

My house is 220m above sea level or 750ft.

While we had a thaw snow still remains above 180m or 550ft.

also pushin across to east and southeast.

ugh that's just down right offensive if the news report is accurate and we are set to miss out:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I missed the warning on rte could some one please sum up what was said, please:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

I live 7m a.s.l and work -1m a.s.l or should that be 1m b.s.l :pac:

Just seeing falling snow here is a big event :D

• Advertisement

ugh that's just down right offensive if the news report is accurate and we are set to miss out:mad:

I think there's probably already close to 5 foot above maybe 600 metres, heaven knows what its like above 800 metres on the likes of Lug, must genuinely be an avalanche risk in places.
    I don't think they meant 5 foot of snow from this coming event, at least i hope so (I hope they do :p ).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement