Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Phase 2 (Wednesday onwards)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

Wibbler wrote: »
    Crikey! That's Wicklow, Ireland, right? :D

As is always the case with these things, some of us have seen lots of snow and had is stick around, while others have had predominately sleet or snow with a fast thaw. I'm one of the latter and would have little to tell my little one about when she asks daddy about the great snow of 2009. It's not quite the country wide event one would like :D

I scarcely remember 2001 or 1987, but I *do* remember 1982. Now *that* was an event! I was 12 at the time, which helps, and living further from the coast. I opened the front door one morning and a snow drift that was taller than me, fell into the hall. My dad who worked shifts at the time, had to take a shovel to work so he could dig the car out of trouble on the way home. Ah the memories.

Yep, living in south dublin city, woke up one morning in 82 to find three feet of snow outside the front door - and it lasted 2 weeks ! Remember playing on snow covering a road by the Dodder in Rathfarnham, only to find out, to my amazement when it eventually melted that there were loads of cars buried underneath it. There was apparently 10 feet of the stuff in Tallaght. Took a trip out there with my father and there were JCBs trying to tackle walls of it with front buckets fully extended in the air. I remember it was blamed on El Nino. Is there an El Nino this year ? Had a load of extreme weather events in the 80s that we havn't seen the likes of since, including Hurricane Charlie, and mad lightning storms.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

A warning to all Boardsies! I will politely ask you to call to my door please:eek::D

If you say so. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Sleet
    0.9/0.4C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Mothman wrote: »
    Sleet
    0.9/0.4C

dp .2 / temp 1.2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭arctictree

Image035.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

Arctictree - put the kettle on - we will all pop around to play in your massive snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rambling rose

francosp wrote: »
    Light snow in North Dublin. place is about to freeze over !

id nearly drive up to see it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

arctictree wrote: »
    Image035.jpg

Looks like your washing machine is on the blink:eek: It shouldn't be producing foam like that should it ?:D

missloulou wrote: »
    Arctictree - put the kettle on - we will all pop around to play in your massive snow!

The only thing about to pop around here is my wife! (Hopefully not tonight!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

Still snowing in blessington. Hardly stopped all day. Very hard to tell whats happening on the radar.

• Advertisement

You serious ? What you gonna do if she does?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

hopefully not!!!
    ever seen just a bleeding nose in the snow?

Aww, a snow baby!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

would be a red block on the radar!!!!!

jenzz wrote: »
    You serious ? What you gonna do if she does?

Ring for a helicopter and say a prayer!

Ring for a helicopter and say a prayer!

holy s***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

You should have a fair bit of advance warning if the baby does decide to say hello.

Looks like the temp is dropping here, if this crap freezes there'll be no point even trying to go to work tomorrow!

Edit: So is the DP, -0.2!

Edit2: Meteolarm have us as one of only 3 countries in orange for tomorrow.

Confab wrote: »
    You should have a fair bit of advance warning if the baby does decide to say hello.

Looks like the temp is dropping here, if this crap freezes there'll be no point even trying to go to work tomorrow!

Edit: So is the DP, -0.2!

(Beginning to wonder if moving your wife to a less icy location, such as a hotel, might be an idea)
    +1 - your under 8inches there.
    If I remember right babies dont give much warning! & skies are looking manky pinky over bray & dublin mtns right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Apologies jenzz, I edited my post to prevent worrying Arctictree!

Confab wrote: »
    Apologies jenzz, I edited my post to prevent worrying Arctictree!

lol

& i not going up there to deliver a baby tonight :D

• Advertisement

JUST SAW THE 9 O'CLOCK NEWS......COLD SPELL TO REMAIN FOR ANOTHER WEEK!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

according to evelyn the cold weather is going to continue until the end of next week. surprised she committed herself to that so far out

jay28 wrote: »
    Yep still bucketing down here too, everything is white!!!:D
    snow is easing off a bit here but that was heavy,very heavy.
    The best part of 3 inches on the ground here now.
    Theres going to be mahem in the morning!

JUST SAW THE 9 O'CLOCK NEWS......COLD SPELL TO REMAIN FOR ANOTHER WEEK!!

Weve a bleedin confirmation on Tue lol

snow is easing off a bit here but that was heavy,very heavy.
    The best part of 3 inches on the ground here now.
    Theres going to be mahem in the morning!

Would that actually freeze ? Same outside - Mam called took 3 hours to drive 5 min from Bray town to south Bray earlier

Oh & Windgates/ Greystones RD impassible

Snow has eased off here. Just gone below freezing -0.2c

Should be OK here as the council had the snow plough up and down the road all week so only this evenings snow on it, about 3 inches and I have a 4x4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

YES ,just seen the forecast , yday she said it would last till monday ,now its till the end of next week!! BRILLLANT BRILLANT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

If your wife's nearly full term (or overdue) it might be no harm to ring the maternity ward in the hospital of your choice to advise them of your situation. They may well tell you to start heading to hospital as soon as your wifes in early labour.

There was a woman on the Radio earlier who went into labour Monday and delivered in the front seat of her car. Healthy baby girl, not a bother on either of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

The roads will be ice rinks in the mornin, a solid layer of ice will be worse than snow

• Advertisement

forkassed wrote: »
    The roads will be ice rinks in the mornin, a solid layer of ice will be worse than snow

Not going anywhere fast so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement