Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

IrishAm wrote: »
    Cork are now looking at two games(Munster/Quarter finals) in eight weeks. Not ideal. I think the backdoor will suit Kerry and help them iron out their problems in the centre of defence and up front.

Anyone who writes off Kerry is a bit of a fool.

Kerry are at their most dangerous when faced with adversity.

We were meant to bury them in '09 and we all know how that turned out.

Yeah but I for one could never write Kerry off in 2009. They were a super team back then. I don't think they are as good a team now but im always aware as what they can do. Unless something is done in their setup like 2006 with moving Donaghy into full forward back then, they won't get through qualifiers. At the moment they are a poor side but I'm expecting changes fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

teednab-el wrote: »
    Yeah but I for one could never write Kerry off in 2009. They were a super team back then. I don't think they are as good a team now but im always aware as what they can do. Unless something is done in their setup like 2006 with moving Donaghy into full forward back then, they won't get through qualifiers. At the moment they are a poor side but I'm expecting changes fast.

Are you having a laugh? Did you follow the recent National league where Kerry topped 1A, beating Cork & Dublin away no? I appreciate that league & championship are 2 different things but you don't become a "poor team" due to a poor spell at the start of a c/ship.

With all due respect Kerry will easily beat 90% of teams and anyone betting on them not getting through to at least a 1/4 final, well..best of luck with that!

Are you having a laugh? Did you follow the recent National league where Kerry topped 1A, beating Cork & Dublin away no? I appreciate that league & championship are 2 different things but you don't become a "poor team" due to a poor spell at the start of a c/ship.

With all due respect Kerry will easily beat 90% of teams and anyone betting on them not getting through to at least a 1/4 final, well..best of luck with that!

Who won the National league ?....it was Cork. Besides the point.

I honestly think Kerry would struggle if they faced Donegal, Kildare, Dublin or Tyrone right now unless they make changes. There team setups would wear Kerry down at present from what I've seen so far. How would Kerry deal with Donegal running through their backs like what they did against Derry? But I know JOC will make changes and that's when Kerry are unpredictable. The right changes will definately bring them back as a force again.I certainly won't right them off just yet. :-)

Who won the National league ?....it was Cork. Besides the point.

I honestly think Kerry would struggle if they faced Donegal, Kildare, Dublin or Tyrone right now unless they make changes. There team setups would wear Kerry down at present from what I've seen so far. How would Kerry deal with Donegal running through their backs like what they did against Derry? But I know JOC will make changes and that's when Kerry are unpredictable. The right changes will definately bring them back as a force again.I certainly won't right them off just yet. :-)

What changes do you think should be made..besides Bryan Sheehan returning?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭patk72

Anyone at East Kerry game and how poor were they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭wonga77

paddy978 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who got the Narries goals and what the team was cheers.

Cant tell you the team sorry but I listened to some of the reports on the radio yesterday. Narries seemed to be coasting early on but conceded two goals midway through the second half to bring it back to a point. BJK scored from a penalty but it took an injury time Quill score to win by a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

keane2097 wrote: »

Yerra, twas only Kilcummin :D...good to see the likes of BJK, Curtin, O'Donoghue, Enright, McGuire play well in the games at the weekend though...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yerra, twas only Kilcummin :D...good to see the likes of BJK, Curtin, O'Donoghue, Enright, McGuire play well in the games at the weekend though...

We're pretty awful this year, just posted it cos someone was looking for a report.

Barry John Walsh should be home in August so should have him for next Championship game which would be a boost alright. Might have a few more J1ers etc back at that stage as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,058 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Even though I do not think that Kerry will win the All Ireland this year I still believe that they can get through the qualifiers.

As always it's the luck of the draw, they could very easily get for example Waterford in Rd 2, Galway in Rd 3and then Clare (loosing Munster finalists) is the last round.
    Then again they could get Armagh away in Rd 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Anyone know for definite when the draw for the 2nd round is on.

Was always normally on the Sunday but for some reason the 1st round draw was on Morning Ireland last Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

manster wrote: »
    Anyone know for definite when the draw for the 2nd round is on.

Was always normally on the Sunday but for some reason the 1st round draw was on Morning Ireland last Monday.
    Think it's early on the Monday morning - heard that a while back so could have changed but haven't heard anything since.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

lads, i missed the cork game as i was in poznan.

can anybody sum it up for me in 2 or 3 lines please, who played well, who was poor etc etc?

lads, i missed the cork game as i was in poznan.

can anybody sum it up for me in 2 or 3 lines please, who played well, who was poor etc etc?

Game was close enough until last 15 mins and Cork ran away with it then.

From a Cork perspective, Kerry missed numerous goal chances had at least 3 or 4 attempts, Donaghy wasn't at his best I thought. Darren O Sullivan had a quiet game for his high standards and so was Gooch.

AOM did ok on Nicholas Murphy who was in Full forward but Murphy did brake down ball a few times which created scores.

Bryan Sheehan was definately missed for his free taking abilities.

DOC of Cork was MOTM with 6 points.

Game was close enough until last 15 mins and Cork ran away with it then.

From a Cork perspective, Kerry missed numerous goal chances had at least 3 or 4 attempts, Donaghy wasn't at his best I thought. Darren O Sullivan had a quiet game for his high standards and so was Gooch.

AOM did ok on Nicholas Murphy who was in Full forward but Murphy did brake down ball a few times which created scores.

Bryan Sheehan was definately missed for his free taking abilities.

DOC of Cork was MOTM with 6 points.
    Nail on the head pretty much...had Sheehan been present it may have been a closer affair but overall Cork were the better team and fully deserving of the victory imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭lynchy101

Kerry are finished and I have no sympathy for the arrogant runts.

lynchy101 wrote: »

Kerry are far from finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,054 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Kerry are finished:confused:

They said same in 2009.

They are still top 3 team in country, no question about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I love it when people show how little they know about something:pac:

I like your well backed up points and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭lynchy101

I am a close friend of Jack O Connor and he admitted to me Sunday night that he had no hope in this Kerry team.

It's time you people,if thats what you are,accept this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I am a close friend of Jack O Connor
    As you've posted anonymously on d'internet so it must be true. :pac:

I am a close friend of Jack O Connor and he admitted to me Sunday night that he had no hope in this Kerry team.

I feel sorry for you.

Implies residents/supporters from Kerry aren't people....Close friends with Jack O'Connor

And Declan Kidney is your uncle by all accounts of you posting in the rugby forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭deisedude

Mod Note: I'll leave you away with this one but if Paul Galvin turns out to be your brother or you make up any more lies action will be taken

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭patk72

What the feck is happening in the kerry camp? Heard Donaghy and Galvin talk to O'Conner through a mediator!!! After this campaign there must be a clearout with fresh new blood brought in and i'm not talking about players.

patk72 wrote: »
    What the feck is happening in the kerry camp? Heard Donaghy and Galvin talk to O'Conner through a mediator!!! After this campaign there must be a clearout with fresh new blood brought in and i'm not talking about players.

The only way we could know for sure is if we knew a close friend of Jacks who could enlighten us

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

So we got Westmeath,as we seen yesterday with Armagh anything can happen in the qualifiers,hopefully our lads will be up for it also it will be interesting to see if Jack changes tactics for this game

• Advertisement

Good draw for us, away too and no room for complacency cause its easy to be caught.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement