Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Just one point.

Keenan didn't play at all in the most recent game between Louth and Westmeath, and he destroyed Westmeath's midfield in the League game this year.

Bit of raic going on in the county ATM as well, with the Tyrellspass players skipping training this week to play a club game against the Shamrocks without telling anyone. Then the Shamrock lads were allowed leave training to play the match, but they arrived after the start and didn't play. Then the Shamrocks won the match anyway.

All Gospel (according to the ever reliable Hoganstand forum) :P :P :P

This was their team against Louth last time out:

D Quinn; M McCallon, J Gaffney, K Maguire; D Harte, P Sharry, D McDermott (C McCormack, 35); J Heslin, P Bannon; K Martin, David Glennon, G Egan; M Ennis (D Corroon 48), J Dolan, Denis Glennon.

A few Garrycastle players in that defence who frustrated Crossmaglen for long periods, a good test for our forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Hardly any chance of the match being streamed on the net anywhere seen as its not on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭wonga77

Kerry in big trouble now, down by 6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Kerry evens with the bookies in-play. Essentially the bookies reckon it's a 50:50 now. Probably one of the biggest upsets ever if Westmeath were to close it out. Westmeath playing with the wind, too.

Edit: Kerry goal, that should rattle westmeath

goal for Kerry, darren o sullivan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

whats the score now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

westmeath 1-9 kerry 2-4

2.8 to 1.10 in favour of kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭margio

Jack has lost the plot me thinks:eek:

how long left

• Advertisement

2 mins of injury time

let me what happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭kevmol88

Kerry by a point..

over:D we won, just about

well that was too close, Westmeath must be kicking themselves at a lost chance. Looking forward to the highlights, lisstening to radio kerry can be very misleading

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,548 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Thought Kerry would find it hard going in the qualifiers, but not as hard as they found it today. I thought it would take a better team to put some serious pressure on Kerry, apparently not. The draw is going to be very interesting indeed,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 MalahideMullet

Well looks like Kerry are finished.

I was on the phone to Jack O C last Friday and he agreed that this team has is over the hill.

Very sad really.
    They will be remembered as an average team who garnered a little bit of success when Tyrone didn't perform.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Well looks like Kerry are finished.

I was on the phone to Jack O C last Friday and he agreed that this team has is over the hill.

Very sad really.
    They will be remembered as an average team who garnered a little bit of success when Tyrone didn't perform.
    I've just heard from a friend who works for rte that apparently the draw has been made earlier this evening.Kerry will be playing Kildare in Tralee next Saturday night.Tough draw but should attract a big crowd,looking forward to it now.

Was in Mullingar today and there was a very healthy Kerry crowd which shows up the rumour that Kerry only travel to All Ireland finals to be exactly that.

We were lucky lets make no mistake about it and all the take will be about us aging, the referee etc. and the fact we came from 6 points down against the wind will be forgotten. There is an awful lot to be done in the next week. Some will point to Darrans goal as the game changer but IMO the switching of Marc onto Denis Glennon was of equal importance as he had given Killian a torrid time. The time is surely right to take Killian out of the corner. While Glennon bet Marc to some balls Marc always put him under sufficent pressure to make a mistake. The fact that Enright didn't get a run I cant see Killian being dropped the next day. Brosnan stood up when needed and Sheehan had a good game back considering hes just back from injury. Our forwards had an off day and we only scored 1 point from play in the opening period and we hit an awful amount of wides. A major fault seems to be instead of kicking it over the bar the high ball is played into Donaghy going for the jugglar but Donaghy doesnt win them all. Fair play to Paul Galvin took the game by the scruff of the neck and kicked a few valuable scores and was a big improvement on the previous two games. James O'Donoghue seemed to be really coming into it when he was taken off. Good to see Donnachadh back and if we have a long season he'll be needed so getting a half of football into the leg is a positive even if he found the going tough (which is understandable). Darran was excellent but came back off so lets hope he is fit for next weekend.

It was good to see Buckley brought on when the heat was on I would have liked to see Enright, Crowley and Keane get a run but lets hope they get a few chances before the summer is out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kerryted

paddy978 wrote: »
    Was in Mullingar today and there was a very healthy Kerry crowd which shows up the rumour that Kerry only travel to All Ireland finals to be exactly that.

We were lucky lets make no mistake about it and all the take will be about us aging, the referee etc. and the fact we came from 6 points down against the wind will be forgotten. There is an awful lot to be done in the next week. Some will point to Darrans goal as the game changer but IMO the switching of Marc onto Denis Glennon was of equal importance as he had given Killian a torrid time. The time is surely right to take Killian out of the corner. While Glennon bet Marc to some balls Marc always put him under sufficent pressure to make a mistake. The fact that Enright didn't get a run I cant see Killian being dropped the next day. Brosnan stood up when needed and Sheehan had a good game back considering hes just back from injury. Our forwards had an off day and we only scored 1 point from play in the opening period and we hit an awful amount of wides. A major fault seems to be instead of kicking it over the bar the high ball is played into Donaghy going for the jugglar but Donaghy doesnt win them all. Fair play to Paul Galvin took the game by the scruff of the neck and kicked a few valuable scores and was a big improvement on the previous two games. James O'Donoghue seemed to be really coming into it when he was taken off. Good to see Donnachadh back and if we have a long season he'll be needed so getting a half of football into the leg is a positive even if he found the going tough (which is understandable). Darran was excellent but came back off so lets hope he is fit for next weekend.

It was good to see Buckley brought on when the heat was on I would have liked to see Enright, Crowley and Keane get a run but lets hope they get a few chances before the summer is out.

kerry are on a life support machine and it should have been turned off today,some great players there that are just coming to the end of there careers gave us great days, its 1987 all over again the end of another glories chapter in kerry football.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Today was just what Kerry needed, it proves that Kerry are still there and when the chips are down and everything is seemingly going wrong that we can still grind out a victory even in the most unpleasant situations.

Brian Sheehan is a key cog of Kerry's machine and after this the media will have a field day saying Kerry are finished, troubles in the camp and all the usual BS, meanwhile Kerry will vanish off the radar as the media heaps pressure on Cork and Dublin, Kerry are huffing and puffing now but they are building and once they make it into Croke Park they will vanguish the villians and prove who is boss on the footballing field. Cork are over-rated and Dublin got one lucky All-Ireland where Kerry underestimated them and the referee may have well have put on a Dublin jersey for the entire game.

Kerry will make the semi-finals with ease and if the draw allows I can see a Cork - Kerry All-Ireland Final and we all know that will happen to Cork as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Stinicker wrote: »
    Today was just what Kerry needed, it proves that Kerry are still there and when the chips are down and everything is seemingly going wrong that we can still grind out a victory even in the most unpleasant situations.

Brian Sheehan is a key cog of Kerry's machine and after this the media will have a field day saying Kerry are finished, troubles in the camp and all the usual BS, meanwhile Kerry will vanish off the radar as the media heaps pressure on Cork and Dublin, Kerry are huffing and puffing now but they are building and once they make it into Croke Park they will vanguish the villians and prove who is boss on the footballing field. Cork are over-rated and Dublin got one lucky All-Ireland where Kerry underestimated them and the referee may have well have put on a Dublin jersey for the entire game.

Kerry will make the semi-finals with ease and if the draw allows I can see a Cork - Kerry All-Ireland Final and we all know that will happen to Cork as per usual.

Great article everything bang on there, was down for the game myself, we building nicely now, once we hit our home ground at HQ i can see us being unstoppable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭BINKY NIPPER

Wow just wow !!

kerryted wrote: »
    kerry are on a life support machine and it should have been turned off today,some great players there that are just coming to the end of there careers gave us great days, its 1987 all over again the end of another glories chapter in kerry football.

TBH Brosnan and the O'Ses were amongst our best players today, but IMO we are more likely to lose next week than to be playing football into September. Heres hoping though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kerryted

some of us cried it was the end before, i was in longford in 2009 when longford should have beaten us, we stuttered through the qualifiers and hit croke park running and blew the fancied dubs out of it.we had that great combination, youth and experience but i feel we have not introduced any quality players sense only lost some, tommy walsh was a huge loss to kerry football no county can afford to loose such talent

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,548 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Wow just wow !!

You kinda get used to him, he says the same thing time and time again.
    If and when Kerry get knocked out.....it will be the refs fault, wait for it.

It's very hard for a decent team like Kerry to be finished with the championship structure we have. Maybe iF it was the old days we might be in trouble. kerry still have great players coming through, and they will almosy always get far in the championship we have today, I think Kerry will always be knocking about, maybe not in every all ireland, but they'll still manage one or two. I prefer the knock out championship,it made provencial championship so special. Teams got to win on how they performed that year, not how many greats they had on their team. Clare 95, Wexford 96, Donegal 92, Down 91 and 94, Derry 93. Those special and sweet victories have gone out the 'BACK DOOR'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Are you serious?

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Are you serious?

I would imagine so:D. You can't say that kerry won't be in the all ireland final. Come the Autumn, they are a totally different players. Now of course maybe Kerry might get the **** kicked out of them next week but remember back to previous years in qualifier rounds, kerry were absolutely desperate, but made it to Croker and blew teams away. you just can't tell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

margio wrote: »
    yomtea98 wrote: »
    Are you serious?

I would imagine so:D. You can't say that kerry won't be in the all ireland final. Come the Autumn, they are a totally different players. Now of course maybe Kerry might get the **** kicked out of them next week but remember back to previous years in qualifier rounds, kerry were absolutely desperate, but made it to Croker and blew teams away. you just can't tell

I do think if Kerry meet Tyrone or Kildare next week its curtains but as usual Kerry will get a nice team in the qualifiers to get them through and if they get to Croke park they will win the All Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement