Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

keane2097 wrote: »
    Ha, you mustn't watch much of them!

Only when playing Dublin and when Kerry are on TV but Donaghy is the chief instigator by a country mile. Who ranks next?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Great game at the moment between Crokes and Cross.

Some lovely scores. Cross had a disasterous 20 minutes, but have come back from 7(?) points down to cut it to 2.

Daithí Casey, Eoin Brosnan, Brian Looney and Ambrose playing well atm for Crokes.

Cross have already made 3 Subs, and it seems to have worked.

Big wind for the Crokes to work with in the 2nd Half.

EDIT: Crokes goal was a Squareball, but I don't think Cross could complain. Crokes were all over them at the time, and the goals seemed to be the Kick in the Arse they needed for a comeback. Maybe not though :P Huge looking Square in Portlaois btw :P

12 mins gone in the second half. Crokes Collapse.

2-6 to 0-1 since the Crokes goal.

2-7 to 1-6 to Cross.

EDIT: Stephan Kearnan sent off for off the ball punch opn O'Leary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Horrible weather closing in there now

All square now, goal for Crokes,

• Advertisement

Goal Aaron Kearnan.

3-7 to 2-7 Cross.

Have to give Cross their credit, really stepped up today, Crokes were just not clever or direct enough with the ball and failed to use the extra man.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A very good win for the 14 men of Cross - after Crokes goaled to level it, it looked like that was that but fair dues to them for ploughing away and getting a deserved win.

4 minutes Injury time was a bit of a joke considering the 3 minute stoppages for both Blood Injuries, and the stoppage for the red card.

Crokes didn't deserve it anyway. With a big lead they weren't smart enough to hold on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

deserved win for cross, the big players for crokes never showed up apart from brosnan.it was a crazy game, crokes led by 7, then trailed by 4, then levelled, before kernans late late goal to win it for cross.

3 of the 5 goals looks fairly dubious, but considering the conditions, it was hard to ref the game.

i think the right result in the end of the day, though it could have went either way in the last 5 mins when it was level.

• Advertisement

david moran has done his cruciate again....gutted for the lad.

it will be hard for him to come back now at that level after this...

not the first player thats come back and done it again, very soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Ah f*ck..terrible news.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That's terrible for him.
    Too many players think they are ready to play again only to suffer a reoccurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sad to hear about Moran.

Don't like to see it, especially on young player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Its terrible about Moran he was supposed to be the next big thing.

That will be nearly 2 years out for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

Is Donaghy due a spell on the sidelines? His form has been off of the last year or so

thesultan wrote: »
    Is Donaghy due a spell on the sidelines? His form has been off of the last year or so

considering he was the best player on the pitch in the all ireland final, i think thats harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

As a GAA fan, I'm terribly disappointed with David Moran's injury and I really hope that he can recover from the 2nd setback and get a good prolonged injury-free run when he has fully recuperated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

considering he was the best player on the pitch in the all ireland final, i think thats harsh.

Its not really. Aside from the All Ireland he's been poor enough for the last few years. Declan Sullivan should be tryed at full forward for a few games i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

Apart from that he seems to me to have lost form and is too much of a hot head with referees. He needs to cut this from his game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

wow- just wow, how sort peopl's memories are,

Donaghy has been a revelation, in every game, since he broke into the panal and after his season in 06 he has my eternal adoration

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

wow- just wow, how sort peopl's memories are,

Donaghy has been a revelation, in every game, since he broke into the panal and after his season in 06 he has my eternal adoration

wow, how some people overreact.

he has been a revelation, for the first couple of years when he broke onto the senior panel.

Then he was decent for a while.

Now he is poor, in particular at full-forward.

I say to you - get a grip!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

mystic86 wrote: »
    wow, how some people overreact.

he has been a revelation, for the first couple of years when he broke onto the senior panel.

Then he was decent for a while.

Now he is poor, in particular at full-forward.

I say to you - get a grip!

Hold on a second now, did you watch the All ireland final last September? For all his poor form for the last couple of years, for all that I hate his moaning to refs, for all the times I've said we've over-used the long ball....he showed in that game exactly how good and effective he can be. It was a long overdue performance to be fair, but he was excellent throughout and was still delivering the goods right up until the last few minutes.
    IF, he is used properly and selectively and IF he shuts his trap and concentrates on football...he is still a lethal weapon for us.

Edit: Can someone please get rid of the poll at the top of this thread once and for all..Mr Incognito..anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Hold on a second now, did you watch the All ireland final last September? For all his poor form for the last couple of years, for all that I hate his moaning to refs, for all the times I've said we've over-used the long ball....he showed in that game exactly how good and effective he can be. It was a long overdue performance to be fair, but he was excellent throughout and was still delivering the goods right up until the last few minutes.
    IF, he is used properly and selectively and IF he shuts his trap and concentrates on football...he is still a lethal weapon for us.

Edit: Can someone please get rid of the poll at the top of this thread once and for all..Mr Incognito..anyone.

Doesn't allow me to edit it. a GAA Mod will have to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anybody know if there's anyway to watch back the games that were on Setanta Ireland online?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Kerry's Boyle brothers dropped for playing soccer
    14 March 2012
    Kerry hurling boss John Meyler has dropped three of the four Boyle brothers from his panel for playing soccer.

Meyler, whose son David is a Premier League star with Sunderland, dropped Mikey, Liam and Padraig Boyle after they lined out for Rattoo Rangers in a Kerry District League game against Castleisland three days before last Sunday's Allianz Hurling League defeat to Carlow. The loss has effectively ended the Kingdom's hopes of challenging for promotion from Division 2A.

The three Ballyduff brothers are all regulars on the Kerry team with Liam having succeeded Mikey as captain this year. Youngest sibling Padraig is regarded as one of Kerry hurling's brightest prospects and showed his class by scoring a hat-trick of goals in their first round defeat to Westmeath.

It remains to be seen if the other Boyle brother, Aidan, will stay on the panel.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=164144

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.I wouldn't have dropped those lads if they were out boxing the night before. Kerry could be playing some top teams in next years league and be taking part in the McCarthy cup.I see it as a blow to Kerry hurling.

great win..should see us get a semi place at least now.

sheehan superb once again, great to see declan sullivan have his best game of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

blackbelt wrote: »
    Kerry's Boyle brothers dropped for playing soccer
    14 March 2012
    Kerry hurling boss John Meyler has dropped three of the four Boyle brothers from his panel for playing soccer.

Meyler, whose son David is a Premier League star with Sunderland, dropped Mikey, Liam and Padraig Boyle after they lined out for Rattoo Rangers in a Kerry District League game against Castleisland three days before last Sunday's Allianz Hurling League defeat to Carlow. The loss has effectively ended the Kingdom's hopes of challenging for promotion from Division 2A.

The three Ballyduff brothers are all regulars on the Kerry team with Liam having succeeded Mikey as captain this year. Youngest sibling Padraig is regarded as one of Kerry hurling's brightest prospects and showed his class by scoring a hat-trick of goals in their first round defeat to Westmeath.

It remains to be seen if the other Boyle brother, Aidan, will stay on the panel.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=164144

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.I wouldn't have dropped those lads if they were out boxing the night before. Kerry could be playing some top teams in next years league and be taking part in the McCarthy cup.I see it as a blow to Kerry hurling.
    maby next time you could post in capitals and your posts of interests will get noticed more

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fair play to ye lads.

I have tbh I think Sheehan is one most underrated players to have played the game.

The guy is a master player imo.

• Advertisement

Was a good finish to the game. Cork spurned so many chances. Canty should have had 2 goals. Twice ye fisted wide from less then 10m away.

Kerry were brilliant in the first half and deserved the 6 point lead. But Cork ate away at it.

I have serious issue however with Noel O'Leary. He came on with one purpose only, and that was to get Galvin sent off. It got the crowd fired up, and broke Kerry's momentum, but it ruined what was such a sporting and good natured match up to then.

I was at the match so had no benifits of replays for the two incidents, that the crowd started chanting for Galvin to be sent off for.

I did see O'Leary roughing Galvin up off the ball a number of times, and was always in his ear.

Still, some great scores today. Donaghy was brilliant, in the week that his father died. Brings an extra physicality around the middle. His score from Darren O'Sullivan's ball in the first half was as good a score as you'll see on a football field, all the way down the field from an Aiden O'Mahoney tackle.

Also a note on the Cork fans. Really welcoming and in good humour for the day. Even joking about Canty's missed goal chances at vital times.

Have to say I enjoyed the day out. We''ll see ye in the Semis/Final ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement