Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Stephen Wallace has done brilliant work in creating essentially a Kerry development squad. The fact that they're successful to go with it is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Tyrone it is now it looks like.

Haven't beaten them in Croke Park since 1986 is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭kerryjack

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Tyrone it is now it looks like.

Haven't beaten them in Croke Park since 1986 is it?

o no all that ****te racked up again those matches we lost to tyrone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

I think ye will be safe enough to break that sequence of losses in croke park this year

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Hon the Dubs

As a dub seriously hoping you's beat them. Absolutely disgusting to watch them play and hopefully Kerry can teach them a footballing lesson the next day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

As a dub seriously hoping you's beat them. Absolutely disgusting to watch them play and hopefully Kerry can teach them a footballing lesson the next day

As a certain Kerryman said; "Puke Football"

We have to give credit to tyrone they have dragged there way back to the last 4 they are not going to give you anything easy I was in kilarney a few years back when we beat them it was a great occasion the day of tyrone bulling us on the field are well gone they will try though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Ya they lack footballers in their team so make it for it with their style of play of diving/fouling. They lack goals too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

You'd have to fancy Kerry to beat that Tyrone team. They are not at the level of the 00s when they were genuinely class.

Dublin or Mayo I'm not so sure. Very little between those three teams I reckon so anything could happen on the day.

Brolly fairly slated Tyrone today in the indo must be bad didn't see the game l thunk evan the most ABK suporters will want kerry to win this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭wackokid

kerryjack wrote: »
    Brolly fairly slated Tyrone today in the indo must be bad didn't see the game l thunk evan the most ABK suporters will want kerry to win this one

When is Puck starting? I hear the goat is massive this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

wackokid wrote: »

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

wackokid wrote: »

Probably a troll but

Officially tomorrow. Unofficially it started on Saturday with most locals. A few stalls set up Saturday too.

Goat is same size as every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

mystic86 wrote: »
    :confused:

Possibly on about the Puc Fair in Killorglin...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

seligehgit wrote: »
    Possibly on about the Puc Fair in Killorglin...

G'way

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

keane2097 wrote: »
    Stephen Wallace has done brilliant work in creating essentially a Kerry development squad. The fact that they're successful to go with it is fantastic.

Will he get the minor job i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I'd imagine that it is Sean O Sullivan's to lose- Wallace might be involved as a selector but can't see him getting the gig outright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Wonder if he might be interested in the Tipp senior football job? - or maybe the Cork job :P

Haven't heard any talk so it's the most idle speculation from me but just based on his chat on Radio Kerry yesterday, it just popped into my head from the sound of what he said.

Sounded like he is ready to move on from the juniors and between his work with Ardfert and the Juniors, I could well see him being in demand.

I'd imagine that it is Sean O Sullivan's to lose- Wallace might be involved as a selector but can't see him getting the gig outright

what pedigree does SOS have?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Wonder if he might be interested in the Tipp senior football job? - or maybe the Cork job :P

Haven't heard any talk so it's the most idle speculation from me but just based on his chat on Radio Kerry yesterday, it just popped into my head from the sound of what he said.

Sounded like he is ready to move on from the juniors and between his work with Ardfert and the Juniors, I could well see him being in demand.

He will surely have a cut off the club scene again,former Strand Road player maybe he might take an interest in that job if it comes up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Said in the paper last week that he is involved with the development teams,

They had Tommy Griffin down as a possible selector

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Been very involved with the Kerry development squads the last few years, plus a couple of All-Ireland medals ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Has been very successful with the South Kerry under 16s in the last few years- their squad this year has been very impressive and won munster easily enough.

So he has a record of managing and successfully managing the guys who will form the next crop of minors- it's a no brainer for me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

There are people around Kerry asking "Why isn't Wallace managing the Kerry minors" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Just watching The Sunday Game. We'll need 2 things against Tyrone. A strong referee (of which there seems to be few this year) and a hell of a lot of discipline.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Just watching The Sunday Game. We'll need 2 things against Tyrone. A strong referee (of which there seems to be few this year) and a hell of a lot of discipline.

we also need helmets and ear plugs.

what a horrible, despicable bunch of *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

we also need helmets and ear plugs.

what a horrible, despicable bunch of *****.

Re verbals I was gonna make a sarcastic comment about Donaghy then realised he was born in Tyrone.

we will have to get a good start and get a bit of a leed if possible and Tyrone will have to play if its the other way around and Tyrone get the leed we will be in trouble last 15 min of yesterday s game Tyrone played all kinds of dirty tricks to stop the game hopefully we will have game won by than and this is the kind of game that fitzmorris brought galvin back in for and tommy walsh will be a great addition as well

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

kerryjack wrote: »
    we will have to get a good start and get a bit of a leed if possible and Tyrone will have to play if its the other way around and Tyrone get the leed we will be in trouble last 15 min of yesterday s game Tyrone played all kinds of dirty tricks to stop the game hopefully we will have game won by than

In fairness all the top counties close out matches any way they can. It's too easy to close out matches by fouling, starting rows and whatever else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

We were very quick starting a row against Mayo and Donegal to kill time. Its not exclusive to Tyrone.

We use cynicism as a last resort however.

Its a primary tactic of Tyrone's.

We're in for a rough ride.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement