Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

dobman88 wrote: »
    Said on radio kerry this morning that he was given permission for a few days leave and will be back with the squad asap. He'll be playing imo if that's the case.

Can hardly begrudge the man a wedding. He has a life outside of the sport. Owes Kerry nothing at this stage.
    Must be nice to be 'given a few days off' from an amateur sport :pac:

Fair dues to the missus postponing a honeymoon until later in the year I assume

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

D'Agger wrote: »
    Must be nice to be 'given a few days off' from an amateur sport :pac:

Fair dues to the missus postponing a honeymoon until later in the year I assume

Yeah probably worded that wrong about the permission but you get the jist.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was listening to Sunday Sport yesterday on Radio Kerry,Weeshie was reporting from the county league game between Legion and Kilcummin

Apparently the ref had to stop up the game to get lads to cool down game was held up for 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Said on radio kerry this morning that he was given permission for a few days leave and will be back with the squad asap. He'll be playing imo if that's the case.

Can hardly begrudge the man a wedding. He has a life outside of the sport. Owes Kerry nothing at this stage.

who is begruding the man a wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

Was listening to Sunday Sport yesterday on Radio Kerry,Weeshie was reporting from the county league game between Legion and Kilcummin

Apparently the ref had to stop up the game to get lads to cool down game was held up for 10 minutes

Just heard the end of Sunday Sport and Gary mentioned that he is away for the next few weeks. I wonder who'll be doing commentary on the matches next Sunday then?

• Advertisement

Radio5 wrote: »
    Just heard the end of Sunday Sport and Gary mentioned that he is away for the next few weeks. I wonder who'll be doing commentary on the matches next Sunday then?

Probably Ger O Connor "the man there from South Kerry" "no doubt about it"

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

Probably Ger O Connor "the man there from South Kerry" "no doubt about it"

"It has to be said" he is not the best commentator!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Aidan obviously thought he'd be a man of leisure at this stage of 2015 when he was booking the wedding..he didn't bank on the persuasive powers of Eamonn Fitz!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Aidan o mahony is an animal for kerry football a small thing like his own wedding won't put that lad off no need to worry there on a separate note is it about time we got a decent song for kerry football with all we have won **** mayo have a great song the green and red of mayo its a real rallying cry I think we could do better than the rose of tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Johhny evans leaving Roscommon and throwing some digs on the way out.

A shame. He got them back to back promotions. Seems like the typical gombeens pushed him out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Johhny evans leaving Roscommon and throwing some digs on the way out.

A shame. He got them back to back promotions. Seems like the typical gombeens pushed him out.
    There was unhappiness locally at his use of the u21s in a lot of match time when they had Sigerson/U21 games.
    Then against Sligo you had players introduced who hadnt even played football (Michael Finerran) in a long time at county level.
    They got promotion to Div 1 where they are going to be hammered by Dublin/Kerry/Mayo by going all Guns blazing at the league.
    Smith was tired, Diarmuid Murtagh was injured, Senan Kilbride was injured when championship came around. Harney on the bench, Compton on the bench when Sligo had a small defence was not very well thought out.
    Evans is a passionate committed guy, but seems to be a bit of a grinder of a panel. Put those u21s under too much physical load with games. They didnt rest properly for the U21 semi final for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

kerryjack wrote: »
    Aidan o mahony is an animal for kerry football a small thing like his own wedding won't put that lad off no need to worry there on a separate note is it about time we got a decent song for kerry football with all we have won **** mayo have a great song the green and red of mayo its a real rallying cry I think we could do better than the rose of tralee

Haven't we the Puc ar Buile??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

And who will get the 2nd game? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

We will also know from which club each player comes(about 20 times)and "i dont know who scored as i cannot see the numbers on the Kerry jerseys"

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

Radio5 wrote:
    And who will get the 2nd game?

Timmy Moynihan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Aidan obviously thought he'd be a man of leisure at this stage of 2015 when he was booking the wedding..he didn't bank on the persuasive powers of Eamonn Fitz!

I thought it myself - when I heard the date of the wedding a good few months back I was thinking there was no way he'd be back in harness again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Who is the ref for Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Maurice Deegan

Team to be named tonight?

Donaghy in for James I'd imagine and not much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

He is an absolute gentleman. We should all be extremely proud to be represented by him, he's a credit to family, club and county.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    He is an absolute gentleman. We should all be extremely proud to be represented by him, he's a credit to family, club and county.

Nothing to do with him being a Rahillys man :pac:

Yeah he comes across very well. Some dedication working in cork and still giving 100% for football.

Just wondering lads, tactics wise could we see a repeat of last years All Ireland final?

I would like to see us make a fast start on Sunday,take the game to them and force them to come out and play,which will hopefully open the game up.

Nice interview there with David Moran,

Our midfield is very strong,we could see Tyrone trying to target the two lads like they used do with Darragh,leave him win the ball in air but as soon as he lands on to him like flies on sh1t then forcing turn overs.

Just wondering lads, tactics wise could we see a repeat of last years All Ireland final?

I would like to see us make a fast start on Sunday,take the game to them and force them to come out and play,which will hopefully open the game up.

Our midfield is very strong,we could see Tyrone trying to target the two lads like they used do with Darragh,leave him win the ball in air but as soon as he lands on to him like flies on sh1t then forcing turn overs.

I think if we're to get a fast start we need to go with Gooch Geaney and BJK inside. Don't think Donaghy will give us a fast start but could scare the bejeesus out of Tyrone coming off the bench.

Need Paul Murphy and Jonathan Lyne to have big games. Stopping the Tyrone runners.

I don't know how reliable the journalist Mortimer Murphy is but he tweeted an hour ago:

Looks like James O Donoghue has made an unexpected recovery!!! #onlysaying

With all things Twitter, take it with a pinch of salt until 9pm tonight. Can't link the tweet on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I don't know how reliable the journalist Mortimer Murphy is but he tweeted an hour ago:

With all things Twitter, take it with a pinch of salt until 9pm tonight. Can't link the tweet on my phone.

Murt is normally spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Jippo

Murt is normally spot on

Some people get quite annoyed at his leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Think its best for ye to make this game high scoring. Go at them with pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

He knows his stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 16,700 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The best commentator is none other than that man Gary O Sullivan:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Very interesting!
    The team, captained by Kieran Donaghy is as follows:
    1. Brendan Kealy Kilcummin
    2. Paul Murphy Rathmore
    3. Marc Ó Sé An Ghaeltacht
    4. Shane Enright Tarbert
    5. Jonathan Lyne Killarney Legion
    6. Peter Crowley Laune Rangers
    7. Killian Young Renard