Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

dobman88 wrote: »
    I don't know how reliable the journalist Mortimer Murphy is but he tweeted an hour ago:

Looks like James O Donoghue has made an unexpected recovery!!! #onlysaying

With all things Twitter, take it with a pinch of salt until 9pm tonight. Can't link the tweet on my phone.

The oracle has spoken, looks like the wedding has cost Aidan his place, also! :) Sheehan on the bench, an injury surely?

1. Brendan Kealy
    2. Paul Murphy
    3. Marc O'Sé
    4. Shane Enright
    5. Jonathan Lyne
    6. Peter Crowley
    7. Killian Young
    8. Anthony Maher
    9. David Moran
    10. Stephen O' Brien
    11. Johnny Buckley
    12. Donncha Walsh
    13. Colm Cooper
    14. Kieran Donaghy (C)
    15. James O'Donoghue

16. Brian Kelly
    17. Aidan O'Mahony
    18. Bryan Sheehan
    19. Paul Geaney
    20. Barry John Keane
    21. Darran O'Sullivan
    22. Fionn Fitzgerald
    23. Paul Galvin
    24. Tommy Walsh
    25. Pa Kilkenny
    26. Alan Fitzgerald

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Jippo wrote: »
    Some people get quite annoyed at his leaks.

Silly stuff by him, can he not wait till the team is announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Silly stuff by him, can he not wait till the team is announced.

That wouldn't be very Hollywood now would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Surprised to see Buckley in, Sheehan is injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Is he really?

I was more of the impression that Fitzmaurice is taken with Tyrone's discipline in the tackle, especially in the scoring zone, and so thinks Free taking wont be as important.

Buckley gives more around the field that Sheehan, so he's gone with Buckley.

James starting is quite startling. Big risk to take and the Tyrone lads won't be slow to test out the shoulder.

Delighted to see Crowley back. Aidan has done well, but he is too slow to play in the sweeper role he was occupying.

Murphy should cover that and Crowley will hold the middle.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Cavanagh goes in Full Forward. I wouldn't be surprised if Maher follows him in like he did with Alan O'Connor.

Its an extremely positive Forward line, with every Forward capable of scoring from Outside the D. Add Moran and Lyne and we have a lot of long range shooters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Surprised to see Sheehan not starting.

The more I think about it he runs out of steam and isnt on the pitch for the high pressure kicks in a close game. Having him on the pitch towards the tail end will be invaluable

Expect Kerry to go route one in the first half

If you have to deploy a sweeper in front of him it leaves space for O Donoghue or gooch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭wonga77

Surprised that JOD is starting, I hope his shoulder is well strapped as he's going to have it well tested, Donaghy has been poor enough so he must be showing very well in training to make it ahead of Geaney. Surprised to see Sheehan dropped but as mentioned above it might be more valuable to have him finish the game then start it

He is injured

keane2097 wrote: »
    He is injured

Any source for this? If so why is he on the bench?

Any source for this? If so why is he on the bench?

It's common knowledge, has a hamstring strain since last week.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    It's common knowledge, has a hamstring strain since last week.

Common knowledge in Kerry is a chinese whisper or a rumour anywhere else.

Not much of a source for me.

Cool beans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭wonga77

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Is seeing him carrying a limp around Tralee on Wednesday enough? It is common knowledge to be fair to Keane aswell in all the GAA circles I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Did Aidan get married there recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

He did. In Italy the weekend before last I think.

stuba wrote: »
    He did. In Italy the weekend before last I think.

Portugal last weekend wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

DDC1990 wrote: »

There's something very wrong with discussing the location of a foreign wedding..or anything wedding related, in the Kerry GAA thread 3 days before an All Ireland semi final!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Horsebox4

There's something very wrong with discussing the location of a foreign wedding..or anything wedding related, in the Kerry GAA thread 3 days before an All Ireland semi final!

Her dress was stunning though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,075 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Is he really?

I was more of the impression that Fitzmaurice is taken with Tyrone's discipline in the tackle, especially in the scoring zone, and so thinks Free taking wont be as important.

Buckley gives more around the field that Sheehan, so he's gone with Buckley.

James starting is quite startling. Big risk to take and the Tyrone lads won't be slow to test out the shoulder.

Delighted to see Crowley back. Aidan has done well, but he is too slow to play in the sweeper role he was occupying.

Murphy should cover that and Crowley will hold the middle.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Cavanagh goes in Full Forward. I wouldn't be surprised if Maher follows him in like he did with Alan O'Connor.

Its an extremely positive Forward line, with every Forward capable of scoring from Outside the D. Add Moran and Lyne and we have a lot of long range shooters.

The presence of Sheehan makes that scoring zone much bigger, and his absence will allow Tyrone to tackle and foul further out the field with the chance of a score from a free being reduced.

But I also agree with other posters who suggest that he may not have 70 mins in him and may be better coming into the game later and fresher.

I'm not surprised JOD is included. If he is close to being fully fit there no use holding him back for a game that may never happen.
    But the shoulder will be tested early and often.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

But the shoulder will be tested early and often.
    Like Alan Brogans leg.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Is that seriously why he got dropped? Did he miss any training?

I wouldn't think that he was dropped per say, but Crowley has been primed for this game.

I expect big games from himself and Buckley, who I would expect have been on a different training plan to be in peak shape for this game.

Mahoney has been doing a job, and will be mighty to bring on, but I'd think that his wedding had nothing to do with it.

The sweeper role has never suited him, and though he's been doing a great job, in the bigger games, his lack of pace would be exploited.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

of course it is....he would have missed at least a week of training in a 3 week period.

other lads are bursting their gut in a squad that is cut throat, what message would it be sending out if he was started?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

of course it is....he would have missed at least a week of training in a 3 week period.

other lads are bursting their gut in a squad that is cut throat, what message would it be sending out if he was started?
    Good point what a time for a kerry footballer to get married must be a shotgun wedding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

After the cork game, Aidan made a comment basically saying he knew he would not necessarily be picked in future games. At the time, it felt more than the usual talk about it being all about the panel. I suspect eamonn and aidan would have discussed Aidan's plans at the start of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Maybe when Aidan fixed his wedding date he thought he would be retired,it surely crossed his mind after the All Ireland win last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Maybe when Aidan fixed his wedding date he thought he would be retired,it surely crossed his mind after the All Ireland win last year.

This.

Somebody mentioned a page or so back about him thinking he'd be a man of leisure but Fitzmaurice being a persuasive man.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kruger73

I have two tickets in the premium level, section 517, for sale at face value (65€) for tomorrow if anyone wants them, PM me.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Good workmanlike performance. Great bottle shown to score the last 4 points when they drew level.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement