Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Is a return train to Dublin still €70? There's four of us going up on Sunday in the car. Gonna cost us max €20 each. Makes no sense for us to get the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

dobman88 wrote: »
    Is a return train to Dublin still €70? There's four of us going up on Sunday in the car. Gonna cost us max €20 each. Makes no sense for us to get the train.

Not sure what price you'd get for sunday now, but I've gotten the Killarney-Dublin train online for less than 50 in the recent past.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

no team leaks this time...

Not sure what price you'd get for sunday now, but I've gotten the Killarney-Dublin train online for less than 50 in the recent past.

Oh yeah I know that. I've done it for €20 return midweek before. Standard price seems around the 50 mark. I can't remember what we paid in September but there was only 2 of us so wasn't much difference between driving and the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

no team leaks this time...

Only one change, O'Brien in for Buckley, so:

1. Brendan Kealy
    2. Marc O'Sé
    3. Aidan O'Mahony
    4. Shane Enright
    5. Jonathan Lyne
    6. Killian Young
    7. Paul Murphy
    8. Anthony Maher
    9. David Moran
    10. Stephen O'Brien
    11. Bryan Sheehan
    12. Donncha Walsh
    13. Paul Geaney
    14. Kieran Donaghy (C)
    15. James O'Donoghue

16. Brian Kelly
    17. Colm Cooper
    18. Johnny Buckley
    19. Barry John Keane
    20. Michael Geaney
    21. Peter Crowley
    22. Fionn Fitzgerald
    23. Paul Galvin
    24. Darran O'Sullivan
    25. Tommy Walsh
    26. Jack Sherwood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Galvin sliding up that bench.

Croke Park should suit O'Brien.

Still would like to see Crowley on but it's a good side and a good bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Surprised about Crowley but the game Kildare play will suit the wing backs we're starting with & O'Brien but he needs to play well, he's been poor from what I've seen so far this year. Feel better about Young covering their CF to start plus very strong bench to come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

T. Walsh won't be having any impact this year at all it seems?

O Brien doesnt deserve his place on this team after his performances so far this year.

very strange call, but suppose its a defensive thing. surely putting Lyne in there and Crowley in the HB line would be more appropriate though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Okay. Why is Galvin there? Other than being a brother in law?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

9bred4 wrote: »
    Okay. Why is Galvin there? Other than being a brother in law?

It's a legitimate question I'm afraid.

Have massive time for Fitzmaurice and this management and not going to make a huge deal out of this yet, but when you have a guy who hasn't even bothered playing County championship football for 2 seasons in the squad, you had better be sure to be doing it for the right reasons.

The Kerry bench has 2 real defenders on it and 6 forwards, it's worth noting (If he brings Sherwood on in defence it's a big risk), which would seem to be very imbalanced. I mean 1 black card and an injury and you have a potential makeshift lineup in a big championship game. Hope the man knows what he's doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Like experience is all well and good but as you said, no championship football. Wonder what sort of shape is he in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

9bred4 wrote: »
    Like experience is all well and good but as you said, no championship football. Wonder what sort of shape is he in?

He looks after himself,he hasnt played much for Finuge this year and I dont think he has played for Feale Rangers either in the County Championship so he cant be that match sharp

Lads, looks like the Crokes/ Rockies lads are really taking over.

Kerry's latest Jersey is a White/Black/Amber number.

https://www.oneills.com/kerry-gaa-jersey-2015-white.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Am I mistake or has OBrien got a yellow card in almost every game played so far this year. If it was Dublin being faced would Cooper be on the bench with OBrien starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

It should be an easy win for Kerry at the weekend. In Croke park I can see them winning by 7-8 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Amprodude wrote: »
    It should be an easy win for Kerry at the weekend. In Croke park I can see them winning by 7-8 points.

Kerry won't need or want to show too much yet but will beat Kildare handy
    When you see fitzmaurice saying kerry could really loose this you know he's well comfortable with Kildare
    Kildare simply won't have the possession against kerry midfield and kerry attack will open up Kildare at ease
    Cork attack was slow methodical ponderous hand passing
    Kerry with sheehan conducting and kick passing will open Kildare at ease in Croke park
    True measures Kildare was Dublin game

Against top team they will struggle
    I'd kerry are in only way sorry fermanagh playing Dublin in fermanagh blanket system is ideal test Dublin and Dublin will learn from it
    Kerry would like them be not tested til they meet
    Dublin main problem is attack and fermanagh will be ideal game Dublin evolve it further and won't loose
    We still haven't seen the real kerry and won't tomorrow either
    The semi final we probably will

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Fair to say Moran should be bringing some Waterford Crystal home with him, when he's hoovering up everything in midfield, even if it's easily O'Brien's best game. The backs are also a lot tighter than previously, not that Kildare have tested them much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Awesome performance. Kildare looked a bit tired and Kerry were very fresh, but it really wouldn't have mattered if it was the other way round. Only Dublin have the arsenal to beat ye I think. Hope it it them and ye in the final.

Good performance but Kildare folded. Looked as tired as Cork last week.

Good to see the Gooch back.

Worried about James.

All this talk about a great tackle is a joke. Goalkeeper grabbed his leg and pulled him down. He initially tackles the ball, but it was a definite penalty.

Darren is back. Amazing to see his pace back.

Gooch is Gooch.

BJK was flying but Geaney looked a bit off form.

Tommy Walsh is back. Some display of fielding in the 10minutes he was on.

The foot passing was immense.

Moran and Maher just class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,022 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

According to Billy O Shea at half time on Radio Kerry he thinks that JOD shoulder is dislocated, based on how he say the medical team deal with it on the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I think if we play to our optimum we'll have 38 in the bag, great performance today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

**** em. They were up on the hill today applauding Kildare points (lol) and then resorted to you'll never beat the Dubs (lol)

Bring em on. Over hyped, over rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I love it,we give a team a trimming like today,

"Ah Kildare were poor"

Dublin hammer a team

"Dublin were awesome"

Sells papers I suppose, and keeps two bit sports journalists in a job.

anybody see O Mahoney getting injured after the whistle went?

hopefully its not too serious anyway, while we have 2 forward lines, we are short at the backs.

anyway, great display but i worry we showed out hand too soon. Darran was obviously flying and it could have been a hand to keep hidden though the other way of looking at is now is that it will put the fear of god into the other teams left and its yet again, another option to have.

mikey geaney got no run yesterday, which was very very strange. and oh, well done to Steven O Brien in proving himself and me, wrong.

he was lucky to get in, but boy did he have a great game. Moran was sensational also and Shane Enright is having the season of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

anybody see O Mahoney getting injured after the whistle went?

saw that but it just looked like a cramp in his calf, be grand i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

dobman88 wrote: »
    **** em. They were up on the hill today applauding Kildare points (lol) and then resorted to you'll never beat the Dubs (lol)

Bring em on. Over hyped, over rated.

I do think Dublin only just did enough to get over the line. Reminded me of Kerry in 2009. Dublin will take some beating all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

It looked like cramp but I was surprised if that was the case as he didnt have to cover too much ground yesterday, id be a bit worried if he's cramping up after that stroll in the park

• Advertisement

Disgusted with the coverage of the O'Donoghue incident.

Every article mentions how it was a wonderful tackle from Donnellan, and the Sunday game didn't even bring it up!

Am I missing something? It was clear at the match that he grabbed O'Donoghue around the leg and ankle and dragged him down. It is clear from every single replay. If that tackle is made by another player out the field its a guaranteed free and a black card.

Is there a new rule in football, that allows any contact once you touch the ball? Maybe that's why our countyman awarded the Fermanagh goal, shur didn't Quigley make contact with the ball?

In an incident where the Footballer of the Year was taken out of it and could miss the rest of the championship, that tackle has been glossed over and even lauded.

pen-19.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement