Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

looking for impact off the bench???

for instance i would rather be bringing on those 2 as opposed to Geaney or Sheehan.

I don't buy into this theory of "he's better coming on" in the main.

On review Lyne was not terrible, but a bit loose at times and not as economical in possession as Murphy IMO, so if Murphy is fit I WOULD start him. Fionn Fitz was very lax the last day, but he's a lot better than that. They could drop him or take the view of giving him a shot at redemption. Either way, he'll rise it again I'm sure.

If BJK is dropped it's a pretty harsh call, but as I've said it's marginally justifiable based on what Geaney can bring plus the fact that Geaney/Donaghy both present a significant ball winning threat which can stretch the Cork defensive structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

No real surprises in the team, though Crowley mightn't have expected the chop. Galvin makes the subs' bench, but his fitness remains to be proven.

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/news/362908/Kerry_Senior_Football_Team_V_Cork_Munster_Final_Replay_2015

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

The team, captained by Kieran Donaghy is as follows:
    1. Brendan Kealy Kilcummin
    2. Marc Ó Sé An Ghaeltacht
    3. Aidan O’Mahony Rathmore
    4. Shane Enright Tarbert
    5. Jonathan Lyne Killarney Legion
    6. Killian Young Renard
    7. Paul Murphy Rathmore
    8. Anthony Maher Duagh
    9. David Moran Kerins O’Rahillys
    10. Johnny Buckley Dr Crokes
    11. Bryan Sheehan St Marys
    12. Donnchadh Walsh Cromane
    13. Paul Geaney Dingle
    14. Kieran Donaghy (C) Austin Stacks
    15. James O’Donoghue Killarney Legion
    Fir Ionaid
    16. Brian Kelly Killarney Legion
    17. Colm Cooper Dr Crokes
    18. Barry John Keane Kerins O’Rahillys
    19. Peter Crowley Laune Rangers
    20. Stephen O’Brien Kenmare
    21. Fionn Fitzgerald Dr Crokes
    22. Michael Geaney Dingle
    23. Darran O’Sullivan Glenbeigh-Glencar
    24. Tommy Walsh Kerins O’Rahillys
    25. Jack Sherwood Firies
    26. Paul Galvin Finuge

As Ciarraíoch says, Crowley is a bit of a surprise.

Otherwise BJK very unlucky miss out, but Geaney is no slouch.

Glad to see AOM back. Always lifts it for Cork.

Not a good sign to see Mark Griffin out of the 26. For a guy who is meant to be our future Full Back, to see him dropped for Galvin is kind of disappointing. Shows a lack of trust in his abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Griffin is definitely not our future full back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

keane2097 wrote: »
    Griffin is definitely not our future full back.

I think he looks better further out the field to be honest- he's quite good on the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Surely Killian Young at no 6 has been tried and failed. Simply does not have the physicality for the position. Stopper needed against Cork as their half backs will run at you all day. On the other hand we lose an excellent wing back to carry the ball up the wing.Maybe this is not how we will line out

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Surely Killian Young at no 6 has been tried and failed.

Kerry dont defend positions though, they defend the man.

its been like that for years since Fitz and jack got together in management team.

Kerry dont defend positions though, they defend the man.

its been like that for years since Fitz and jack got together in management team.

I have a feeling Killian might line out in a sweeper position, between FB line and HB line. I'd go:
    Marc on Hurley
    Enright on O'Neill
    AOM on O'Connor
    Lyne on Gould/O'Driscoll
    Young free leaving Kerrigan as sweeper.
    Murphy on Mark Collins

Maybe Young and Murphy might swap. Both Collins and Kerrigan will be playing deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

while Fitzmaurice is upping the anti and showing severe ruthlessness, i have to say its not good to have such an unsettled team pushing into August.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

while Fitzmaurice is upping the anti and showing severe ruthlessness, i have to say its not good to have such an unsettled team pushing into August.

Sure the strength in depth of our squad has been lauded before - this is what it's there for.

We've made 4 changes and still put out a very strong team, with good options off the bench.

Sorry but I just don't buy into what you're saying atall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I have a feeling Killian might line out in a sweeper position, between FB line and HB line. I'd go:
    Marc on Hurley
    Enright on O'Neill
    AOM on O'Connor
    Lyne on Gould/O'Reilly
    Young free leaving Kerrigan as sweeper.
    Murphy on Mark Collins

Maybe Young and Murphy might swap. Both Collins and Kerrigan will be playing deep.

Are Cork after importing a guy from Cavan or something? :pac:

Are Cork after importing a guy from Cavan or something? :pac:

No idea? I had written O'Driscoll, but my phone auto corrected it? Odd correction.

The other suggestions are:
    O'Connor O'Brien O'Neill. O'Sullivan

How the **** it got O'Reilly is odd! Don't know any O'Reilly's

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Predictions for an absolute deluge in Killarney this evening, decided to give it a skip because of this. No flood lights plus rain means if its even after 70 minutes we will have second replay.

If by interesting you mean hilariously ignorant and seriously bitter, then I agree. Some of my Second Class primary school children could write better informed articles then this uninformed drivel.

I'd rather read a match preview from Niamh Horan.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    If by interesting you mean hilariously ignorant and seriously bitter, then I agree. Some of my Second Class primary school children could write better informed articles then this uninformed drivel.

I'd rather read a match preview from Niamh Horan.

I fixed my post forgot to add something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Kerry will win this game tonight, the question is by how much? I think 5 points will be an accurate guess.

Exciting enough first half,thought we were in well control before the Cork goal

Lyne was caught out for the goal,Kerrigan got the run on him and then there was no stopping him,took his goal well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Exciting enough first half,thought we were in well control before the Cork goal

Lyne was caught out for the goal,Kerrigan got the run on him and then there was no stopping him,took his goal well.
    True he made a mistake, was unlucky not to get the block after doing well to get back

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    True he made a mistake, was unlucky not to get the block after doing well to get back

Ya Moran got close as well,

Amprodude wrote: »
    Kerry will win this game tonight, the question is by how much? I think 5 points will be an accurate guess.
    Good call, at the time thought it would have been closer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Thoughts on man of the match? Good game all around to watch.

9bred4 wrote: »
    Thoughts on man of the match? Good game all around to watch.

I would have given it to David Moran,thought he got on a pile of ball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭babybuilder

I would have given it to David Moran,thought he got on a pile of ball

Have to agree the Kerry midfield were awesome. O'Donoghue man of the match a joke. Carney needs to cop on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good win for ye. Tactically ye got it spot on. Given how poor we were in the second half I am surprised ye didn't win by more. Ye will stole the next game and up the performance for the one after that I reckon.
    Kerry v Dublin final on the cards I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭wonga77

Moran was my motm, Sheehan was excellent in the first half but faded out. Donnacha took ages to get involved, I actually though he would go before Buckley. O Brien silly to pick up a second yellow for a stupid tackle. M Geaney also was good when introduced. Cork arent much good though and I thought the ref was average enough considering the weather conditions. Another munster title thoguh so we cant complain
    Martin Carney is very very difficult to listen to...

Absolutely soaked.

Good win. Fairly comfortable in the end.

Enright easily my Man of the Match...Hammered Hurley. Tormented him all day, with good clean hard tackling.

Moran and Donnacha were immense. Mahoney worth his place. Murphy was brave.

We lifted it 10% from 2 weeks ago. Surprised to hear James was Man of the Match.

Amazing save from Kealy straight after the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Congratulations better team won
    Fully deserves and outstanding management who learns from games
    I had said kerry were not true kerry ist day
    Today proved it
    Fully deserves it
    Cork six points two halves football did not deserve to win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Good call, at the time thought it would have been closer!

I based it on that I didn't think Kerry would be as bad 2nd day out and they weren't. Kerry are an excellent team and rarely disappoint. Credit given where credit is due.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement