Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst housemates ever?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

taram wrote: »
    Girl before her kept some rabbit in the fridge...except it was still furry, dirty and bloody from being shot and dripped blood all over everyone else's food.

Nothing like a bit of blood.

Puts hairs on your chest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I lived with a girl once that told me I was brushing my teeth too loudly. Didn't really know how to respond to it...I told her I'd try to keep the noise down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

One of my housemates at the moment doesn't know how to lock a door, or flush the toilet. I know its not a hanging offence and it hardly makes them the worst housemate ever, but its still irritating and bloody disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Leftyflip wrote: »
    This thread is nearly a year old, why won't it die?

Because people are sh**, and weird housemates are circulating the country!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

redout wrote: »
    I didnt really feel it necessary to invole anyone else as the my roommate and two of the lads next door new eachother from secondary school. Whether they were classmates or not I dont know. If the lads didnt contact the Gardai or the building security well thats their business. I still had to share a room with this chap until I could leave a couple of weeks later so contacting the Gardai wasnt exactly top of my to do list.

I suppose everyone is different, but I find that decision quite odd. No matter the situation I was in, if my roommate (or anyone I know for that matter) terrorises people with a kitchen knife, and causes significant damage to someone else's property, over something as trivial as a bag of sugar, well the first thing I would do is go to the gards.

Guess everyone is different though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

redout wrote: »
    I thought nothing of it and told them to work away. About an hour later roommate returns home and notices his sugar is missing. "Where is my sugar" he said. I told him the lads next door borrowed it
    Always easy giving someone elses food away, ain't it? :mad: He probably has said no a few times, but asking when he's not there, and taking his stuff, reason enough to go a bit psycho...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

the_syco wrote: »
    Always easy giving someone elses food away, ain't it? :mad: He probably has said no a few times, but asking when he's not there, and taking his stuff, reason enough to go a bit psycho...

Indeed....

*frantically emails mods urging them to get poster's IP and ring the authorities*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

geeky wrote: »
    Indeed....

*frantically emails mods urging them to get poster's IP and ring the authorities*

Well what did you expect? His name is the_syco after all. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Valmont wrote: »
    I was looking forward to moving into a shared apartment when I move to the UK this September but after reading this thread, I am terrified. I bloody hope I don't get coke fiend party animals for room mates. ****.

Some of the best and worst times you will ever have. Not necessarily a bad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

geeky wrote: »
    Indeed....

lol quality post!

Its not like he jabbed them with the knife,and it may never of happened anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Edgedinblue View Post
    i lived with an awful goon at the start of the college year, seemed fine at first but then i think working night shift all the time got the better of his brain. he was soooooo unsocialible, used to come at 3 in the morning from work when everyone was asleep, start banging doors, washing any of our dishes that we left there...badly might i say. as in ya pick up a cup and it slips out of your hand from the grease.

he neglected to tell myself and other housemates (who are mates of mine and we moved in same time) that the house was previously broken into, he also had alot of stuff belonging to previous tenant who had been in trouble with the gardai. many shady looking hoo-ers used to come around looking into our windows and doors. used to take stuff from my press and another housemates as well without asking EVER or saying he had taken something.
    he had a major problem with me which only happened after he found out what age i was. (im only 20!)

to top it off, the day before myself and two other housemates moved out. he decided to come home at 5 o clock with a bunch of people he didnt even know to have a "house party". he neglected to tell these people that he had housemates upstairs asleep. so being quite drunk they decided to make as much noise as humanily possible. doors slamming, loud music, shouting, ringing our doorbell, trying to open our bedroom doors (lucky they were locked!!) then hearing these people planning on robbing stuff from his room and downstairs.

my other housemate confronted him (i should mention shes as quiet as a mouse) he got right in her face and started to shout abuse in her face. then sometime later he done the same to me. when he finally went to bed he left these randomers alone downstairs in the house. who then tried their luck with myself and my housemate once we went downstairs. they stayed in the house until we could finally get them to leave, this was around half 9. the house was in an awful state, beers soaked into the carpets, bottles everywhere, smell of smoke everywhere, lights left on, heat left on all night, doors left wide open, p!ss all over both toilet seats, one of them broke the toilet seat, my housemates underwear which she had just washed and was on a clotheshorse had gone missing! perverts...

next day since we were up all night, we moved out very early that next morning. no apology or nothing. we spoke to the landlord, and told him about that night. sadly enough we moved to a different house in the same estate and have to see this goons face now and then
    Well arn't you a big bloody moan?
    I actually can't see a single thing in that story that from his side is outragous or would make him the "Worst housemate ever"
    It just seems like you are overreacting to the whole thing.
    Edgedinblue View Post
    i lived with an awful goon at the start of the college year, seemed fine at first but then i think working night shift all the time got the better of his brain. he was soooooo unsocialible, used to come at 3 in the morning from work when everyone was asleep, start banging doors, washing any of our dishes that we left there[So he came in from work when he finished and was nice enough to clean up after you?]...badly might i say. as in ya pick up a cup and it slips out of your hand from the grease.[Maybe you shouldn't leave the place in a tip before you go to bed, so he didn't have to come home from work to the place covered in dirty dishes?]

he neglected to tell myself and other housemates (who are mates of mine and we moved in same time) that the house was previously broken into,[Is that really the kind of thing you just spontaneously say to someone? Maybe he didn't want to worry you.] he also had alot of stuff belonging to previous tenant who had been in trouble with the gardai.[ Oookay.. So a previous tennant left some stuff behind when he moved out? and??] many shady looking hoo-ers used to come around looking into our windows and doors. [Sounds like a ground floor appt or a house on the main road... How is people walking past the place got anything to do with your housemate?]used to take stuff from my press and another housemates as well without asking EVER or saying he had taken something.[Stuff?? The odd teabag? gold bars? an oxo cube? The elixer of life? ok, a bit off side but not internet bitchworthy material]
    he had a major problem with me which only happened after he found out what age i was. (im only 20!)[Maybe he thought you were immature or something.]

to top it off, the day before myself and two other housemates moved out. he decided to come home at 5 o clock with a bunch of people he didnt even know to have a "house party".So two hours after he finished work and when he knew that his housemates were moving out the next day anyway, he had a few people he met down the pub back to the house?] he neglected to tell these people that he had housemates upstairs asleep. [You were leaving the next day anyway. and obviously didn't get on with him. What the hell would he care?]so being quite drunk they decided to make as much noise as humanily possible. doors slamming, loud music, shouting, ringing our doorbell, trying to open our bedroom doors (lucky they were locked!!) [Done this a few times myself, Wrong door looking for the bathroom while drunk in someone elses house]

my other housemate confronted him (i should mention shes as quiet as a mouse) he got right in her face and started to shout abuse in her face. then sometime later he done the same to me. [So the whiney housemates who dont like you, never clean up after themselves and are leaving the next day anyway start having a go at you for having what sounds like the first party in as long as they've been in the house?? After a few drinks I think I'd tell them where to go aswell] when he finally went to bed he left these randomers alone downstairs in the house. who then tried their luck with myself and my housemate once we went downstairs.[Drunk men at a houseparty trying to chat up some women who show up? Heaven forbid] they stayed in the house until we could finally get them to leave, this was around half 9. [Was it a Sunday morning by any chance? because that's about when the busses start so that they could get home] the house was in an awful state, beers soaked into the carpets, bottles everywhere, smell of smoke everywhere, lights left on, heat left on all night, doors left wide open, p!ss all over both toilet seats, one of them broke the toilet seat, my housemates underwear which she had just washed and was on a clotheshorse had gone missing! perverts... [I don't see the issue... Just Sounds like any house party I've ever been to... except for the knickers, but in fairness I seriously doubt they were taken for a pervy reason.. Probably just some drunken joke and then they got lost behind a couch or something. Anyway, This was the day you were mooving out... What the hell do you care what state the place is in?, You didn't have to deal with it.]

next day since we were up all night, we moved out very early that next morning. no apology or nothing.[Kind of hard to apologise I'd imagine when you are deliberately trying to avoid him by leaving early and he is asleep..] we spoke to the landlord, and told him about that night. sadly enough we moved to a different house in the same estate and have to see this goons face now and then[If it's any conciliation, I seriously doubt any of you left a lasting impression on this mans life, In fact I doubt he would even recognize you. ]

Sorry for the rant.
    But I've lived with people like this before and they just really twist my biscuit.
    The thought that you each have equal rights in the house doesn't even enter there head.

Also I have nothing to do and want to sound busy and typing until I can go home at 4 o clock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

i lived with an awful goon at the start of the college year, seemed fine at first but then i think working night shift all the time got the better of his brain. he was soooooo unsocialible, used to come at 3 in the morning from work when everyone was asleep, start banging doors, washing any of our dishes that we left there...badly might i say. as in ya pick up a cup and it slips out of your hand from the grease.

why was he washing your dishes??
    ok hes clearly no angel but you did wrong too! Clean up your mess!
    The last thing id want to land home to after work, is my flatmates mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

he neglected to tell myself and other housemates (who are mates of mine and we moved in same time) that the house was previously broken into, he also had alot of stuff belonging to previous tenant who had been in trouble with the gardai. many shady looking hoo-ers used to come around looking into our windows and doors. used to take stuff from my press and another housemates as well without asking EVER or saying he had taken something.
    he had a major problem with me which only happened after he found out what age i was. (im only 20!)

to top it off, the day before myself and two other housemates moved out. he decided to come home at 5 o clock with a bunch of people he didnt even know to have a "house party". he neglected to tell these people that he had housemates upstairs asleep. so being quite drunk they decided to make as much noise as humanily possible. doors slamming, loud music, shouting, ringing our doorbell, trying to open our bedroom doors (lucky they were locked!!) then hearing these people planning on robbing stuff from his room and downstairs.

my other housemate confronted him (i should mention shes as quiet as a mouse) he got right in her face and started to shout abuse in her face. then sometime later he done the same to me. when he finally went to bed he left these randomers alone downstairs in the house. who then tried their luck with myself and my housemate once we went downstairs. they stayed in the house until we could finally get them to leave, this was around half 9. the house was in an awful state, beers soaked into the carpets, bottles everywhere, smell of smoke everywhere, lights left on, heat left on all night, doors left wide open, p!ss all over both toilet seats, one of them broke the toilet seat, my housemates underwear which she had just washed and was on a clotheshorse had gone missing! perverts... :eek:

next day since we were up all night, we moved out very early that next morning. no apology or nothing. we spoke to the landlord, and told him about that night. sadly enough we moved to a different house in the same estate and have to see this goons face now and then :mad::mad::mad:
    No offence but I would hate to share an apartment with you and your friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

no real bad stories i lived with three mates and there was a spare box room so we decided to rent it out .we got a good few looking at it but to be honest it was a bit small.
    one of the lads was showing the room to people as i was at work.hes the type of fella who can say no and doesnt like standing up to people and would think every one was sound.
    so i come home from work and find this dude in the house he looked a bit rough/weird straight off he had one of those old wax jackets on and it stunk the house out.
    my mate had pratcially giving the room to him whith out asking what he did/was he a junkie that kind of ****e.
    after talking to the guy for awhile asking where he was living he said that he was renting an old house out but itwas to cold aand damp that he had to move out.
    i was get a weird feeling about this guy and he smelled bad.
    i told him that we would have to talk to or othere housr mate before we made a decision.
    then he asked if we could fry a few eggs for him for his tea as his house has no electricly.

iam like what the **** and he eventully told us that he was crashing in old run down house in the city.and that he hadent anyhot food for ages.
    so we gave me decent meal as we where having dinner at the time
    and sent him on his way,
    found out after he as squating in the old run down house and that the cops found out that the house was a major drug fulled party house

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Wazdakka wrote: »
    Well arn't you a big bloody moan?
    I actually can't see a single thing in that story that from his side is outragous or would make him the "Worst housemate ever"
    It just seems like you are overreacting to the whole thing.

Sorry for the rant.
    But I've lived with people like this before and they just really twist my biscuit.
    The thought that you each have equal rights in the house doesn't even enter there head.

Also I have nothing to do and want to sound busy and typing until I can go home at 4 o clock :D

Superb post, well said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

I'll just start by saying that I'm sure I've pissed a few people off in my years of sharing houses but this year, for the first time, I decided to live alone, it's more expensive but my god is it worth it :D

Have lived with some awesome people but among the feckwa*kers were

1) A girl from Liverpool who was possibly the most annoying individual I've ever met, she has forever turned me against the accent. Never cleaned up after herself, I always did. Used to play this one particular song over and over again all evening. When she'd go during the week she'd come home late, baloobas drunk screaming and shouting and banging everything in the house. Turned the heat up to the highest all the time then complained when the bills were high, which she never paid on time and got pissed when you asked her for the money. Possibly allergic to taking out the bins etc and couldn't say anything to your face used to send nasty text mesaages :(

2) A guy who definitely had issues, had no friends as far as we could tell. Commented that we hadn't seen the landlady in a while to which he replied he had killed and buried her (let's just say wouldn't be surprised if he did). Never paid bills and one day when I asked him for the money he went ballistic and screamed in my face and shouted abuse (word of advice don't be the person who sorts out the bills :(). When we finally managed to ask him to leave, his mother came and gave out to us all for being horrible people to her 'boy'

3) This one particular landlady was unreal though, she had a list in kitchen about HOW to clean the house, yes instructions and exactly what products to use. She called in all the time without warning, collected the rent from a drawer so she didn't have to pay tax or whatever. In the middle of winter the heating broke and a new boiler was needed (the maintenance guy said the old one was so bad it was dangerous:eek:) yet again I seemed to be the one to have to tell her, she didn't appreciate this and called me a bitch, called around 5 minutes later and said sorry and gave me a hug and then asked me to leave the next week. I was giving grinds in the house and she said I was 'running a business' and could report me wtf?! I was a college student trying to earn a bit of extra cash to pay rent etc Getting angry thinking about these people again after so long!

Again I'll say it's soooooo good to live on your own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Lived with two lesbian ass models while in college. :cool: They were forever shaggin loudly in their room, couldnt get to sleep with the racket. :( One night i got a knock on my door. They invited me to join them for some exploratory sex. :eek: :D That went on for 3 months. I slept through most early morning lectures and had to eventually move out at the risk of failing the year. :mad:

Fúckin housemates from hell. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

gagiteebo wrote: »
    3) This one particular landlady was unreal though, she had a list in kitchen about HOW to clean the house, yes instructions and exactly what products to use. She called in all the time without warning, collected the rent from a drawer so she didn't have to pay tax or whatever. In the middle of winter the heating broke and a new boiler was needed (the maintenance guy said the old one was so bad it was dangerous:eek:) yet again I seemed to be the one to have to tell her, she didn't appreciate this and called me a bitch, called around 5 minutes later and said sorry and gave me a hug and then asked me to leave the next week. I was giving grinds in the house and she said I was 'running a business' and could report me wtf?! I was a college student trying to earn a bit of extra cash to pay rent etc Getting angry thinking about these people again after so long!

Again I'll say it's soooooo good to live on your own :)
    Lol I had a very similiar sounding landlady who behaved the same. Her name isn't Betty is it?
    We got her pissed one night and almost got her to come to Coppers but she drove off for chips instead... she came in another day and broke down crying over a dirty curtain.
    Sometimes she would walk into the house and totally ignore us, other times she's be hugging us and sitting down for tea. Never dull though, which was nice.

Lol I had a very similiar sounding landlady who behaved the same. Her name isn't Betty is it?
    We got her pissed one night and almost got her to come to Coppers but she drove off for chips instead... she came in another day and broke down crying over a dirty curtain.
    Sometimes she would walk into the house and totally ignore us, other times she's be hugging us and sitting down for tea. Never dull though, which was nice.

Glad to know it wasn't just me who experienced the crazy landlady :pac: Her name wasn't Betty, no lol She sounds fun though, my one was just a complete biatch :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Agricola wrote: »
    Lived with two lesbian ass models while in college. :cool: They were forever shaggin loudly in their room, couldnt get to sleep with the racket. :( One night i got a knock on my door. They invited me to join them for some exploratory sex. :eek: :D That went on for 3 months. I slept through most early morning lectures and had to eventually move out at the risk of failing the year. :mad:

Fúckin housemates from hell. :pac:

How are you coping, you must be scarred for life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I lived with a mysogynist of middle eastern origin. He was verbally (perhaps physically) abusive to his girlfriend who lived with us too. He would leave post-its on/under my door if he found a stray hair belonging to me lying around and more or less implied I was an alcohol! As we were abroad our common language wasn't English so I found it hard to stand up to him.

Live with someone who is just so clingy at the minute. She won't let me have a cup of tea without her and is constantly invading my space. She's nice but I am too kind to say "Leave me a alone".

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭xyz1

Did anyone else see this?

I think they belong in here...

<snip>

xyz1 wrote: »
    Did anyone else see this?

I think they belong in here...

<snip>

That has to be taking the p*ss?! :eek:

I've read some crazy stuff about housemates but that's just downright weird...beatings with a hairbrush? wtf!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Please don't link to PI threads guys

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭xyz1

The Master wrote: »
    Please don't link to PI threads guys
    Whoops, sorry.
    Was strange though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭irishhigh

Hey,

I'm Living back with my folks to save some cash but I'm going to be moving out soon. I'm a bit worried about sharing again as I have had some very mankey house mates in the past.

One girl when I was in college used the kitchen scissors to trim her pubes, she left the scissors on the floor and pubes all over the toilet. Same girl never showered, She brought a guy home and slept with him in our other house mates bed (as she was abroad) and they left **** and blood stains all over the bed....She was then asked to leave.

I've had many other thing's happen along the way but the last one was late last year, and why I moved home sooner, was this girl I was sharing with, She never showered or changed her clothes and slept with alot of men....at least two every weekend. We where having a few drinks one night and I just made some comment about the shower making my skin very dry, She said it was because I shower everyday and that is way too much and fresh washing powder on your skin from changing and washing your clothes daily was making it worse, so I asked her what do you do then. She said I only shower every few weeks and wear my clothes, even knickers for a week or so. I asked her what about when you sleep with guys (she admited she never used condoms)? she said the same as you are self cleaning down there! I was nearly sick! she must have been like a walking sperm bank...! The funny thing is she didn't stink like the other girl.

I moved out when I saw her licking a spoon clean and putting it back in the drawer!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Do you know where i can meet girls like this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Pot wrote:
    Do you know where i can meet girls like this

Baggot Street?

WHY ARE ALL YOUR THREAD TITLES IN CAPS?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭flowersagogo

yes i had one .it was great

Advertisement