Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst housemates ever?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

WHY ARE ALL YOUR THREAD TITLES IN CAPS?
    +1

YOU BEAT ME TO THE QUESTION!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I must be the only person on boards with a very nice (and tidy) housemate :confused:

although we're looking for #3 at the moment, hopefully it stays nice...

edit: well this doesn't make any sense now thanks to a thread merge

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

WHY ARE ALL YOUR THREAD TITLES IN CAPS?
    I was just thinking this too.

Merged with last thread on the same topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Lived with a Greek fella, who was manky. He'd have a shower about every 10 days, and the shower would be for about 45 minutes. Must have been in there scrubbing the dirt off himself. I was going to suggest to him rather than have a 45 minutes shower every 10 days, to have a 5 minute shower every day.
    He'd be in his room all day smoking fags, about 50 a day i'd say, he'd even stop half way during his dinner to have one.
    I'd say he's dead by now, because it wouldnt be possible to live on the way he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I had a a few dirty housemate yeah , I had them in the kitchen, I had them in them hall ,I had them bedroom and up against the wall . Bitches were always late paying the rent to ..bah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Not the worst but shared a flat for a year with a couple of girls who were complete b*tches. One in particular was so anal, cleanliness wasn't a problem as I am very tidy but she would leave little notes everywhere over the silliest things - for example leaving my lipbalm on the kitchen table, or a bit of orange peel by mistake, petty little things like that. She would sulk and bitch about me non stop but never actually confront me about what her problems were. Really tense and horrible atmosphere to live in. After that I shared a flat with two guys and it couldn't have been more different. Any problems we had were discussed straight out. We had a set rota for mopping, dishes etc no bitching, no complaining. I don't think i'll ever share a flat with a female again. I think it can be just as bad living with someone who is really uptight as having a flatmate who is messy or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭ronaldoshaky

women are the worst flatmates I reckon. too over the top with the cleanliness thing.

I lived with 3 south africans in london, there was a child living there. one of the guys used to have his mates over at all hours of the night and they used to do crack i think. one morning i was down in the kitchen getting ready for work and there was left over crack on the baby's food trolley.

whats even worse is the woman, she used to complain to me about him. lol. ouch. glad i am outta that place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

I shared with a Nurse once, I came home early to see her walk up the street
    wearing my Coat, Boots, and even my gloves!!!!!!!

Shall we just say she needed all her training to treat her own injuries!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭flowersagogo

am i the only one backreading these posts to see if i scored a hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

I never had any problems with house mates, until the not so distant past. I lived with this lad, and 2 others and he was unbelievably difficult to live with. We had a cleaning rota, and we cleaned the house on a rotational basis. I always did my share, but he didn't. Then he decided to get a cleaner into the house, because he didn't want to do the cleaning, my other housemates went along with it, but I didn't and just continued to do the cleaning when it was my turn. He was a psychopath, he tried to force his way into my room one evening, he forced his way in (He was taller, and larger than me, and I am a small enough girl), and when I told him to get out of my room, he wouldn't. I said I would call the landlord, he grabbed the phone out of my hand, grabbed me by the arm, and pushed me to the ground... I was a bit shook by the whole thing, and had to call the guards. The guards told him to leave me alone. Another evening then, I was outside having a cigarette, he was giving me undue grief, I was really mad, and told him where to go, and again he grabbed me by the arm and pushed me. Guards called again, and he was again told to cop on. The guards didnt do much of course, and the landlord wanted to keep out of it. Thankfully, he moved out, and I now live with great, SANE housemates. A happy ending!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭irishhigh

nicegirl wrote: »
    I never had any problems with house mates, until the not so distant past. I lived with this lad, and 2 others and he was unbelievably difficult to live with. We had a cleaning rota, and we cleaned the house on a rotational basis. I always did my share, but he didn't. Then he decided to get a cleaner into the house, because he didn't want to do the cleaning, my other housemates went along with it, but I didn't and just continued to do the cleaning when it was my turn. He was a psychopath, he tried to force his way into my room one evening, he forced his way in (He was taller, and larger than me, and I am a small enough girl), and when I told him to get out of my room, he wouldn't. I said I would call the landlord, he grabbed the phone out of my hand, grabbed me by the arm, and pushed me to the ground... I was a bit shook by the whole thing, and had to call the guards. The guards told him to leave me alone. Another evening then, I was outside having a cigarette, he was giving me undue grief, I was really mad, and told him where to go, and again he grabbed me by the arm and pushed me. Guards called again, and he was again told to cop on. The guards didnt do much of course, and the landlord wanted to keep out of it. Thankfully, he moved out, and I now live with great, SANE housemates. A happy ending!
    Thats assult. I'd fúckin have him for that!!!

The guards were of no help, because it was just me and him there when he was forcing his way into my room, and when I was outside having a cigarette, it was only me and him as well. I am sure my house mates heard me shouting at him, but they didn't see exactly what happened. As the guards said it was his word over mine. I am a good person to live with, and have rented in Dublin for years, but never came across anyone like him, he was just horrible to have to live with. I told my dad, and my friends about him, and they were so mad, they were going to give him a slap for grabbing me and pushing me to the ground. I am a girl after all, and he was taller, and larger than me. He is gone now though, and my new housemates are great, and any other people I rented with

The guards were of no help, because it was just me and him there when he was forcing his way into my room, and when I was outside having a cigarette, it was only me and him as well. I am sure my house mates heard me shouting at him, but they didn't see exactly what happened. As the guards said it was his word over mine. I am a good person to live with, and have rented in Dublin for years, but never came across anyone like him, he was just horrible to have to live with. I told my dad, and my friends about him, and they were so mad, they were going to give him a slap for grabbing me and pushing me to the ground. I am a girl after all, and he was taller, and larger than me. He is gone now though, and my new housemates are great, and any other people I rented with
    I would have even slapped him for ya after reading that. I hate mental men. He will do that to the wrong girl and he will be found in the Dublin mountains with his own Cock stuck in his mouth and a baseball bat up his bum!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Iolar wrote: »
    Maybe he would get pleasure from such?:cool:
    Hun he wouldn't be alive.....That poor girl. I would have died if that happened to me

irishhigh wrote: »
    Hun he wouldn't be alive.....That poor girl. I would have died if that happened to me

He was difficult to live with, but at least he is gone now, so its a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Living with this guy at moment who must be useless person i have ever known. He student but sits in front of the TV all day wont wash up after himself and he stinks dont know who the lad has girlfriend being honest.

Remember before came home from weekend away and when opened door the place was smelling was thinking it must been party. turns out it was his clothes that he just washed whatevery the hell he used to wash them with, sweet jesus.

But more pity the guy then anything he just one does lads that someday life will hit him on the head and he wont know what to do.

He was difficult to live with, but at least he is gone now, so its a good thing
    You sound like no bother to live with. I hope you found some good house mates.:)

Living with this guy at moment who must be useless person i have ever known. He student but sits in front of the TV all day wont wash up after himself and he stinks dont know who the lad has girlfriend being honest.

Remember before came home from weekend away and when opened door the place was smelling was thinking it must been party. turns out it was his clothes that he just washed whatevery the hell he used to wash them with, sweet jesus.

But more pity the guy then anything he just one does lads that someday life will hit him on the head and he wont know what to do.
    My God all these horror stories! As the Kid In home alone said..."when I'm all grown up and married...I'M LIVING ALONE!" He had a point. I've had lots of really ****ty house mates in the past and am hoping to move out of home again soon when I get another nursing contract, but I don't want the hassel of all those freaks out there....I'd love some sort of screening process.

irishhigh wrote: »
    You sound like no bother to live with. I hope you found some good house mates.:)

I consider and respect other people I live with, hence why I never had a problem living with other people until I met him. Ya my new housemates are great, I love them! Thanks Irishhigh :)

• Advertisement

Old housemate had girl in house for weekend.. Comes in after nd says 'if the guards ring, don't say she was here'. Turns out he was gonna be in court for statutory rape of the same girl previously.. I met her briefly nd she did look fairly fekin small. Rang landlord nd she evicted him.. Just very weird meetin her nd findin out after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I had a roommate who was a bit mental. He used to keep stealing stools/chairs form local pubs so we had a kitchen full of bar stools.
    One of the girls who lived in the house ate his food one night after coming home from the pub (which is a ****ty thing to do tbh) and when he found out he went a bit mad. He started screaming, ran up to their room and tried to piss on the girls bed...he couldn't do it so he pured jugs of water on the bed instead. He then started throwing her clothes around the room, generally wrecking the place before finally grabbing about a dozen eggs and throwing them around the bedroom.

He was kicked out then. To be honest, I didn't find him that bad. Bit unstable I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Anyone else absolutely appalled at the state of the grammar in this thread?

It's endemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Anyone else absolutely appalled at the state of the grammar in this thread?

It's endemic.

Totally worth resurrecting a year-old thread to say that. Totally worth it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Living with a rather odd French lad at the minute. He seemed sound enough when I moved it but it all changed when I came back to the house after being home for Christmas. First thing I noticed was that the girl who lived in the house was nowhere to be seen, usually she was knocking about during the week but when I didn't see her I assumed she was still at home after christmas. It wasnt till one day I knocked on her door to see if she was there that it opened inward and I saw that the room was empty. Turned out that she had came back the first week after Christmas and things had got weird between her and the Frenchman. He had spent the week hitting on her and attempting to grope her when she came in from drinking on a few nights until one night when she was in the bathroom he forced his way in and wouldn't leave till she threatened to call the police and say he attempted to rape her. I found this out when she rang me one day to warn me about him.

I had a run in with him the day of the call as it happens. Our electric shower broke and after ringing the landlord I left a note in the kitchen so everyone would know the situation. An hour or so later there's a knock on the door and the French man is demanding I get out to speak. Informs me that I broke the shower as between the week of Christmas and then which was made January he dha only taken seven showers where as in the week I was back I had showered each day, he had written down on a piece of paper the time and length of each of the showers I had taken as well as those of my girlfriend. I told him that while the French weren't known for their personnal hygiene I liked to stay clean and in future would be taking extra long showers just to annoy him. Then told him to fcck off and closed the door. He went bat **** crazy kicking my door and screaming. Started on a massive tirade over a teabag which had fallen out of the bin and the fact that the glass his friend had broken the previous weekend had not been cleaned up but rather I'd swept it into a pile in the corner, the guy was absolutely unhinged at this stage and the neighbours even called in to see what was happening.

Also lived with a black guy who went through the bins. I discovered thise one day when he knocked on the door and matter of factly showed me a used sanitary towel. He told me that he had found it in the bin and assumed that it belonged to my girlfriend. He said that it was disgusting and carried disease and how we could all get ill because of it. He started on a massive rant in which religion, living in sin, damnation, aids, Africa, America stealing oil and how my girlfriend disposing of sanitary towel in a bin was a racist act aimed at him. I calmly backed away and rang the agency letting the house. I asked my girlfriend about her disposal of said items and she said that she wraps them in toilet roll, then puts them in a plastic bag and disposes of them in the big bin outside, she also pointed out that she wasnt on her period during the time in which he uncovered it while searching the bins. Turns out that it was the black guys girlfriend/wife who was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Totally worth resurrecting a year-old thread to say that. Totally worth it. :rolleyes:

I hadn't realised the date, to be honest. But having read all of the thread, I'm glad it has been resurrected because this is definitely up there with the top threads of Boards.

And to your rolleyes I raise you this --> http://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/love/www.MessenTools.com-Love-big-13.gif
    Obaraten wrote: »
    WTF way to ruin a good thread,old or not

Ah come on - the thread is hardly ruined; if anything it has been given a new lease of life.
    Living with a rather odd French lad at the minute. He seemed sound enough when I moved it but it all changed when I came back to the house after being home for Christmas. First thing I noticed was that the girl who lived in the house was nowhere to be seen, usually she was knocking about during the week but when I didn't see her I assumed she was still at home after christmas. It wasnt till one day I knocked on her door to see if she was there that it opened inward and I saw that the room was empty. Turned out that she had came back the first week after Christmas and things had got weird between her and the Frenchman. He had spent the week hitting on her and attempting to grope her when she came in from drinking on a few nights until one night when she was in the bathroom he forced his way in and wouldn't leave till she threatened to call the police and say he attempted to rape her. I found this out when she rang me one day to warn me about him.

I had a run in with him the day of the call as it happens. Our electric shower broke and after ringing the landlord I left a note in the kitchen so everyone would know the situation. An hour or so later there's a knock on the door and the French man is demanding I get out to speak. Informs me that I broke the shower as between the week of Christmas and then which was made January he dha only taken seven showers where as in the week I was back I had showered each day, he had written down on a piece of paper the time and length of each of the showers I had taken as well as those of my girlfriend. I told him that while the French weren't known for their personnal hygiene I liked to stay clean and in future would be taking extra long showers just to annoy him. Then told him to fcck off and closed the door. He went bat **** crazy kicking my door and screaming. Started on a massive tirade over a teabag which had fallen out of the bin and the fact that the glass his friend had broken the previous weekend had not been cleaned up but rather I'd swept it into a pile in the corner, the guy was absolutely unhinged at this stage and the neighbours even called in to see what was happening.

Also lived with a black guy who went through the bins. I discovered thise one day when he knocked on the door and matter of factly showed me a used sanitary towel. He told me that he had found it in the bin and assumed that it belonged to my girlfriend. He said that it was disgusting and carried disease and how we could all get ill because of it. He started on a massive rant in which religion, living in sin, damnation, aids, Africa, America stealing oil and how my girlfriend disposing of sanitary towel in a bin was a racist act aimed at him. I calmly backed away and rang the agency letting the house. I asked my girlfriend about her disposal of said items and she said that she wraps them in toilet roll, then puts them in a plastic bag and disposes of them in the big bin outside, she also pointed out that she wasnt on her period during the time in which he uncovered it while searching the bins. Turns out that it was the black guys girlfriend/wife who was.

This is, without doubt, one of the strangest posts I've read...ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Im so sad this thread has come to an end :(

But :pac:

I lived with some estonians 2 lads and a girl and the brother, these lads liked the gargle as do I but they kept getting drunk and climbing over the back wall and terrorising a young woman who lived next door. I ask why they said because she was racist :confused:
    It all came to a head when 4 big lads knocked on the door, the young womans brothers i think and decided to kick the **** out of us all, really scary shít. Anyway the landlord kicked us all out which was a pain. but i did go on to live with them in the next place until i got tired of the all night parties and "gym" sessions they got up to.
    Not as good as some of the other storys but there you go :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

I lived in London a few years back. The house was shared by my mate, a chap from Belfast, two Chinese girls a chap from Slough and myself. The landlord used to come up to cut the grass with the scissors and as soon as the two Chinese girls left the house your man from Belfast was straight up the stairs to their room sniffing their dirty knickers. On occasion he'd also sit and watch TV with us in the nip. The reaction of the Chinese girls when he'd come in was hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭herosa

taram wrote: »

Girl before her kept some rabbit in the fridge...except it was still furry, dirty and bloody from being shot and dripped blood all over everyone else's food.

...and the fridge horror story award goes to..

Advertisement