Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mvision HD200 Combo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

Sounds like this "CAM initialising" issue may be an intermittent bug in latest firmware. I will report it to MVision and check back with anything I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Ironically, it appears that I do not see this problem as I do have a CAM :confused:

And I have been using both 3.25 and 3.32 recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

patt wrote: »
    I have a pop-up Window appearing on my Mvision HD200 Combo which says "Cam Initialising". This Window can be removed only by switching off the STB. I don't have a CAM. When this happens during a recording, the recording is useless since all I can see is "Cam Initialising"
    Also, at other times, part of the menu stays on the screen, and the machine will not respond to the R/C.
    The STB and HDD (both from Saor TV) are only 1 week old.
    So if you're reading this Slegs, I'm hoping for an answer,
    or has any body else any (helpful) suggestions.
    I've done a bit of testing with version 3.25 of the firmware. Did a factory reset etc.
    The "CAM initialising" message flashes up on the screen occasionally (and usually within 1 minute of a power on from cold) but is not an issue unless you are recording or playing back from the hard disk at the time. If you are using the hard disk the message overlay stays on the screen and it's not obvious what you should do.
    You can get rid of the message by pressing the "ok" button. If you are recording at the time, a window opens showing you other channels you can switch to on the same transponder (if you are viewing satellite) or the current channel if you are on terrestrial. Just press "exit" to get rid of that window. The "CAM initialising" message is just an overlay on screen - it does not get recorded.
    I'm about to try version 3.32

- update 22.30 v 3.32 - same problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 derrycragg

fat-tony wrote: »
    I've done a bit of testing with version 3.25 of the firmware. Did a factory reset etc.
    The "CAM initialising" message flashes up on the screen occasionally (and usually within 1 minute of a power on from cold) but is not an issue unless you are recording or playing back from the hard disk at the time. If you are using the hard disk the message overlay stays on the screen and it's not obvious what you should do.
    You can get rid of the message by pressing the "ok" button. If you are recording at the time, a window opens showing you other channels you can switch to on the same transponder (if you are viewing satellite) or the current channel if you are on terrestrial. Just press "exit" to get rid of that window. The "CAM initialising" message is just an overlay on screen - it does not get recorded.
    I'm about to try version 3.32

I have the same problem, with the " cam initializing"flashing up on the screen.
    I have a cam fitted, and naturally if I switch on the box this will happen, but then it flashes intermittently.
    I am also having a problem with my recordings, when I go back to look at them, I find the screen has frozen, and the box is locked, I then have to power off and restart. also sometimes it wont record, as it says USB nearly full, this happens although there are very few recordings saved.
    this has happened a few times.

derrycragg wrote: »
    I have the same problem, with the " cam initializing"flashing up on the screen.
    I have a cam fitted, and naturally if I switch on the box this will happen, but then it flashes intermittently.
    I am also having a problem with my recordings, when I go back to look at them, I find the screen has frozen, and the box is locked, I then have to power off and restart. also sometimes it wont record, as it says USB nearly full, this happens although there are very few recordings saved.
    this has happened a few times.

Right, seems to be happening to a lot of people then (for once not me though :cool:).

Can everybody who is getting the intermittent 'CAM Initializing' message just let us know which version of firmware they are using? At least we can start to pin it down that way.

• Advertisement

gtg60 wrote: »
    Right, seems to be happening to a lot of people then (for once not me though :cool:).

Can everybody who is getting the intermittent 'CAM Initializing' message just let us know which version of firmware they are using? At least we can start to pin it down that way.
    See my postings - problems (minor) on v3.25 and v3.32 (wonder why the version numbers don't go up by 1?) and NO CAM.

f-t

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Is there anywhere that sells this unit and uses the Post Office(i.e. not couriers) for delivery ?

TIA

Seven Worlds will Collide

Is there anywhere that sells this unit and uses the Post Office(i.e. not couriers) for delivery ?

TIA

Yes and free postage if you order by the end of the month :D
    http://www.saortv.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2

Sorted - Thanks

I am using 3.32 version.
    I have just reinstalled it, and am hoping for the best.

• Advertisement

Because I have been testing the box on HDMI I have noticed that, in standby, the clock display goes slow. After about an hour in standby it's 20 minutes slow:eek:
    If I power off completely and disconnect the HDMI lead, re-boot and tune in to DTT, the box picks up the correct time and then maintains it correctly while in standby. Any ideas what's happening?
    I hadn't noticed this before as it's usually connected via SCART to a different TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 patt

I've now got ver. 3.32 firmware installed, but I'm still getting "Cam Initializing".
    Using the "OK" button clears it. Thanks fat-tony.

I also have the problem where it some times says "hard disk full" when I try to record - even though the disk is almost empty.

patt wrote: »
    I've now got ver. 3.32 firmware installed, but I'm still getting "Cam Initializing".
    Using the "OK" button clears it. Thanks fat-tony.

I also have the problem where it some times says "hard disk full" when I try to record - even though the disk is almost empty.
    Are you using two different disks or USB sticks?
    For some reason the box seems to "remember" the last disk used. I spent ages last night trying to get a new drive working on the Mvision. I had a 120GB drive in use and had made some recordings on it. I had a much newer drive (500GB) which I was using elsewhere and, on my PC, I partitioned it and formatted it FAT32. I connected it to the Mvision and kept getting USB read errors and it just would not recognise the disk. I re formatted the drive several times on the PC but still no luck. Eventually I turned everything off at the mains and switched on this morning - drive recognised straight away!
    So, my advice is, if you are using different USB drives/sticks, then you should power cycle the Mvision before switching them. Seems to be ok if you stick to one.

I'm still having the clock issue in standby where the Mvision is connected via HDMI. I've discovered that the clock runs at half speed - each minute change on the display takes 120 seconds:eek: Makes a hames of timer recordings! This may be just my setup, where I have several HDMI cables going into my AV amplifier, but it would be interesting if others are having the same issue.

I'm still having the clock issue in standby where the Mvision is connected via HDMI. I've discovered that the clock runs at half speed - each minute change on the display takes 120 seconds:eek: Makes a hames of timer recordings! This may be just my setup, where I have several HDMI cables going into my AV amplifier, but it would be interesting if others are having the same issue.

I seem to be escaping the latest round of problems, currently running 3.25 and have my Mvision connected through a HDMI Matrix switcher and do not have this 'half time' issue.
    Normally I do not leave my receiver on standby as I just switch it off (18Watts :mad:) so I just tried it for an hour on standby and it kept perfect time.

So, this only happens when you have it connected by HDMI? That is odd, have you tried connecting the Mvision direct to the Panasonic (just to see?).

I seem to be escaping the latest round of problems, currently running 3.25 and have my Mvision connected through a HDMI Matrix switcher and do not have this 'half time' issue.
    Normally I do not leave my receiver on standby as I just switch it off (18Watts :mad:) so I just tried it for an hour on standby and it kept perfect time.

So, this only happens when you have it connected by HDMI? That is odd, have you tried connecting the Mvision direct to the Panasonic (just to see?).

Mine is connected directly with a HDMI cable, and I have no clock issues.
    With regard to the USB , showing that it is nearly full, I have a Western Digital, hd, permanently plugged in, and it still happens.
    I am still getting the picture freezing after about 10 mins of recording, when it comes on from the timer.

Interesting range of issues and not consistent:(
    I have no problems with recordings - did loads of them yesterday, including a full movie and an episode of Gray's Anatomy at 1.15 this morning - all play back perfectly.

As regards the clock problem - I think it's related to the use of the AV amplifier as an HDMI switch all right. I did a bit more testing. Direct connection to the TV via HDMI, switched the Mvision into standby and turned off the TV - clock ok:)
    Connected via amplifier to the TV, switched the Mvision into standby first, then TV and amp - clock runs at half speed:mad:
    Same setup, switched off the TV, then amp, then Mvision - clock ok:)
    Repeated the process - clock runs at half speed:confused:
    In short -some issue with the Onkyo AV amp connection, but not repeatable. I would put money on a HDMI handshake problem in the Mvision firmware...

In short -some issue with the Onkyo AV amp connection, but not repeatable. I would put money on a HDMI handshake problem in the Mvision firmware...

Strange all right, have you tried switching the HDMI connection to DVI in the menu and seeing if the problem is reproducible?

Also, what length HDMI cables do you use? It's just I remember reading somewhere way back that some people were having issues that were sorted by using HDMI cables less than 1.0M in length, don't think they were time related but worth a shot, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 patt

I have a Maxtor HDD which I bought with the STB from Saor TV.
    The HDD is permanently connected to the STB.
    When I get the "HDD full" notice, I have to unplug the STB to cure the problem.
    But today I find when I unplug and reconnect the box,
    the picture on the TV is displaced to the right side of the screen. By that I mean the left third of the screen is a black vacant space. So the box has to be unplugged and reconnected again, three times on the last occasion.
    When I try to record BBC HD, the machine records for a few seconds, and then stops recording.
    The STB is connected directly to the TV with a HDMI cable. I've also got a Humax Foxsat box connected directly to the TV with a second HDMI cable but I can't see how that would affect the HD200.

I've also had the freezing picture on a few occasions.
    Strangely, I haven't seen the "Cam Initialising" sign lately.
    I've just checked the time and the clock seems OK.

In one way it is kinda good that a few people seem to be having the same problems, this would lead me to believe that the issues will be addressed in a firmware update, at least the updates come fairly frequently too, about every month, so hopefully we won't have to wait too long for the next one...

Well, I'm having fun now! :D

Not since the good ole analogue days have I played around with a dish and foreign satellites, after recently inheriting a Triax 88cm dish with 2 lnbs, I got my hands on a 4 way DiSEqC switch for less than a tenner on eBay.

I have it hooked up now and how handy are those switches? It means I can keep my DTT and 'normal' sat channels connected up all the time and 'play' around with my other dish, nothing fantastically useful out there at the moment other than some music channels but if I ever have a foreign guest, they are in for a treat!!

Have to say, apart from a few little niggles the Mvision really is a great little receiver and well worth the money, I originally purchased it after selling on my standalone DTT receiver as it didn't cost that much to upgrade thinking I may as well have the FTA channels as well, not realising the extra wealth of features that it provides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

Was in contact with MVision main distributor today and I can confirm they are looking at developing a version of firmware that will read the freesat EPG. If anyone has any bugs they wish to report to MVision then please feel free to send to me. I am building a list that I will track. I can post my eMail address if the mods are OK with it.

slegs wrote: »
    Was in contact with MVision main distributor today and I can confirm they are looking at developing a version of firmware that will read the freesat EPG. If anyone has any bugs they wish to report to MVision then please feel free to send to me. I am building a list that I will track. I can post my eMail address if the mods are OK with it.

That is good to hear, glad they are working on resolving our issues and especially the Freesat EPG! :D

Also, worth noting that you can now use your FTV or genuine Sky sub card in the card reader of your Mvision if you use the unofficial firmware.

Got mine this morning - play later,but I suspect I might need a little aerial work,it shifted during a winter gale but still getting analogue pretty good from Cairn Hill.

Good Service from Slegs

Finding Firmware 3.32 very unreliable and getting the same problems experienced by others, 'Hard Drive nearly full' and picture freezing, reverting back to 3.25

Ditto - getting very frequent "CAM Initialising" messages on F3.32

Got mine from slegs today

Wasn't quite plug and play,the installed list yielded 'no signal' for the 4 national stations.
    I did a scan and am picking up the 4 from 2 locations - 738 MHz 88/89% strength(Cairn Hill ?) and 682 MHz 63% (Mt Leinster ?) both 95% quality...the box saved them and then I couldn't find them :o
    Eventually found them and figured out how to move them up.

To my eyes there is no difference between the 2 different transmitters despite the difference in sig strength.
    Picture is excellent although I find the teletext a bit hard on the eyes.
    Had great fun trying to set the remote for the telly...you really have to press the buttons at exactly the same time,but got it going and the DVD player as well.
    Haven't tried the PVR function yet - or the dish

My only disappointment is that TG4 is only a test card..move it to TV3 please..I never watch that:D

Wasn't quite plug and play,

My only disappointment is that TG4 is only a test card..move it to TV3 please..I never watch that:D

Think both of those can be explained by the engineering tests that are going on at the moment, Mt. Leinster should be at 666MHz...

Great little receiver, wait til you get to grips with it fully :D

Differing signal strengths generally don't affect the quality of the picture received until the signal strength falls below the threshold of the receiver, when you see no picture at all!

What you should be looking for if you are aligning an aerial, is the best signal quality. This is a measure of how few errors the receiver is getting in the digital stream. You will find that the signal strength can dip without significantly affecting the perceived picture quality. As the signal quality dips, you will find blocky artefacts appearing on the screen, then no picture at all, as the signal quality falls over the "cliff".

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bluefish

Is there anyway to get the Mvision hd200 combo onto a coaxial aerial (similar to the rf output from a sky box) other than the use of a modulator or old video?

• Advertisement

Bluefish wrote: »
    Is there anyway to get the Mvision hd200 combo onto a coaxial aerial (similar to the rf output from a sky box) other than the use of a modulator or old video?

That's a redundant question, how else could you modulate an RF signal without a modulator?

What are you trying to do, pipe it around the house? Personally I have mine connected (via a HDMI Matrix) to the TV's upstairs and downstairs so that I get the best picture quality (plus HD).

If it's only one other TV you want to sent the picture to then I would suggest one of those Video Senders that have the IR sensors.

Advertisement