Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mvision HD200 Combo

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Wow, only 4 weeks ago, this model has been obsolete since last year and was replaced by the HD300, I hope you got it for a good price!

Basically the box is still running a very early firmware, you're not updating it correctly, as you have such an old firmware you must first install the firmware that ends SWUpper.UAD then the latest firmware.

If you have a good read through this thread you'll find this has all been discussed before along with other problems you are likely to encounter.

Still a great little box though and records very well, I had one for about 8 months which I passed onto the mother-in-law (over a year ago) and she's never had a days trouble with it.

Good luck and if you're still having issues please include EXACTLY what you're doing in your reply so we can help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭upsilon

efran wrote: »
    I am new to forum and would really appreciate any help with my problem.

I bought Mvision HD 200 Combo 4 weeks ago and yesterday tried to have a go at recording to usb. There simply is no Recording facility available.

1. By following user manual: Utility / Timer and trying to change active status to Record - The only options available are : Off / Wakeup / Standby / Duration but no Record Option.

2. Also I have tried updating the box several times via usb with software version 0468.zip and doing factory reset.
    I loaded software update - system saves and reboots after 3 secs but still the system info reads:
    Model name HD 200 Combo
    Software Version 01.11 LDR Ver 00.01
    Hardware Version 01.00
    Last Update June 2 2008

If anyone can help I would really really appreciate it as I am really depressed about the whole thing. I have spoken to Turbosat and Mvision Technical and they cant explain why there is no record function or the fact that the system information does not register the software update.
    Do I just have a faulty Box?

Many Thanks

Efran

yes, read this tread. you will find that the native software must first be updated with a new boot loader which will then allow you to upload the latest firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

+1 on that - read the thread and you should get recording going.
    I have had this box for (I had to check the thread postings first!) almost two years.
    It's somewhat behind the development curve at this stage (ie it's a bit old hat), but it has performed very well for me on a SCART connection to a bedroom TV - never a moment's trouble. Recently I moved it to the main TV area and connected it via HDMI to my plasma. If you read back in the thread you will see I had issues at the start regarding the stability of the box using HDMI. Using a short (< 2m) HDMI lead the box is ok - just about. I occasionally get "CAM Initialising" message on screen (I don't use a card in this box) but not nearly as often as when I was using a longer lead.
    I would say that, if you were picky about image quality and stability on HDMI, then this box is not for you. I find that I get occasional judder on the image, and, if I am recording to USB drive on another channel, I can get video and sound synchronisation issues on the one I'm watching. It's very noticeable if RTE2 (upscaled HD) is being recorded.
    Other than that, if you got it cheap, it's worthwhile as a secondary box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 efran

Thanks very much gtg60 and others for replying.

I am at work now but will go home this evening and try to upload SWUpper.UAD first and then the new software.

I will let you know this evening and will post exactly how I am doing it should I be unsuccessful. Will Do this around 7.30pm so if anyone is online then would really appreciate if you have a look into forum as I will post results then and possibly need a talk through if I am doing something wrong.

Was about to send the box back but this gives me some hope now!

Thanks

Efran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 efran

I just wanted to say a big thankyou to gtg60/upsilon/fat -tony for all your help.

This evening I uploaded the SWUpper.UAD first and the box has now updated to new fimware (now visible in sytem information) and this then allowed me to install software 0468.

So Now I have recording function - Brilliant!!

I tried recording a short burst to my USB stick - My only comment is as fat - tony mentions is that yes there are sound/ pic sync issues whilst recording if you try to watch another channel - Would this improve if I used a self powered external Hard Drive instead of just a usb stick?

Your thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thanks once again for all the help!!

efran

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

I don't think that an externally powered box would resolve the issue of sync, but some of the Mvisions (like GTG60's) never suffered from the "CAM initialising" problems I had, so it's worth a punt.

It's great to see that you have successfully updated the software, though.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

efran wrote: »
    I just wanted to say a big thankyou to gtg60/upsilon/fat -tony for all your help.

This evening I uploaded the SWUpper.UAD first and the box has now updated to new fimware (now visible in sytem information) and this then allowed me to install software 0468.

So Now I have recording function - Brilliant!!

I tried recording a short burst to my USB stick - My only comment is as fat - tony mentions is that yes there are sound/ pic sync issues whilst recording if you try to watch another channel - Would this improve if I used a self powered external Hard Drive instead of just a usb stick?

Your thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thanks once again for all the help!!

efran

Another hint would be to get yourself a laptop cooler and place it under the MVision, you will find it heats up during operation. I found since keeping the unit cool its been very stable. The pause/recording is not great but it does many other things very well. My HD200 is not going to the gadget retirement home any day soon.

Advertisement