Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mvision HD200 Combo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,039 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

just wondering how does the hard drive work on the mvision

is it like sky+ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Headshot wrote: »
    just wondering how does the hard drive work on the mvision

is it like sky+ ?

It's pretty good, never going to be as good as Sky+ as it only has a single tuner but basically you can record whatever you are watching (sometimes you can watch another channel on the same transponder but this doesn't work with any of the DTT channels), it also has timeshifting where you can pause live TV then catch up. Unlike Sky there is no facility to rewind live TV (yet).

Considering all you need do is add a USB HDD it is a great and very welcome feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

It is not dual tuner. There is one DTT and one Satellite tuner. You can watch another channel on the same satellite transponder as the channel you are recording but you cannot watch a terrestrial channel while recording from satellite or vice versa. But recording and playback works great to a USB drive and scheduled and recurring recordings also work fine as do EPG scheduled recordings where EPG data available. The best feature is to be able to record and playback HD including timeshift.

gtg60 wrote: »
    It's pretty good, never going to be as good as Sky+ as it only has a single tuner but basically you can record whatever you are watching (sometimes you can watch another channel on the same transponder but this doesn't work with any of the DTT channels), it also has timeshifting where you can pause live TV then catch up. Unlike Sky there is no facility to rewind live TV (yet).

Considering all you need do is add a USB HDD it is a great and very welcome feature.

ive a usb hard drive and iv recording a program,i go into the usb then what??

No, I made this mistake too, exit the menu and press the PLAY button and then select the recorded/ing program you want to watch.

Check out all the links right from the beginning of this thread, there is a comprehensive PVR manual along with a lot of other useful information.

• Advertisement

Generally you have to watch what you are recording.

To record you just press record or schedule via EPG or Timer in menu

To replay recordings you just press the play button while viewing TV. This will present a list of prior recordings to choose to view.

There is one nice feature where if you press the right or left nav buttons it jumps ahead or back in the recording by 5 mins at a step. You can also FF/REW and Pause etc.

snap gtg60!

thanks slegs and gtg60 for the help

very much appreciated

gtg60 i finally got my T-rex cam today,so im going to try out ch4 hd

but how I get the card going in the box?

is it just a matter of search for ch4 hd or somthing?

gtg60 i finally got my T-rex cam today,so im going to try out ch4 hd

but how I get the card going in the box?

is it just a matter of search for ch4 hd or somthing?

You will need to get a FTV (Free To view) card.
    Remeber FTV cards need to be put back overnight into a Sky box every 4~6 weeks to make sure they get
    Just do a search and find Channel 4 HD.
    Also make sure the the CAM has the correct firmware.

• Advertisement

New firmware available:
    http://www.mvision.tv/english/support.html

Version 3.25

Only just spotted it, will report any new features etc when I've tested it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Nothing much it looks. Just "Improved Stability" and "Revised USB functions". Continuous Firmware updates are definitely welcome, though. How long until a 7 day fressat epg though....

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Nothing much it looks. Just "Improved Stability" and "Revised USB functions".

No differences noted, weirdly in the Spanish notes for the new firmware it states 'Revisadas funciones PVR'

No Improved Stability in relation to the DVB-S2 tuner problems I am having either:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 asian-monkey

hi guys,

my current setup is 85cm motorized Dish, MVision HD200 combo (patched), Diablo CAM with cas3+ programmer, living in dublin 13 area

i am relatively new to sat system. a week has gone by and the project is still unfinished as i am not able to channel scan Thor 3/5. No problem with Astra, HotBird 13e, Sirius, etc, sats though.

I don't remember much but i thought i was able to scan Thor 3/5 before but now whenever i network scan, i only get 9 TV channels and few Radio.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Current signal on Thor 3/5 = 79% signal 82% quality. on default frequency.
    Once i change the freq i get not quality and in some freq i don't get anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ok, just been pulling my hair out over the last few days WRT Dolby Digital.

Basically I had (wrongly) assumed that if you set the SPDIF Optical/ Coaxial out to 'Dolby Digital' that it would do just that, in fact no, it doesn't.

What I had to do was go to channel I was interested in, hit the Red button (Audio) and select the AC3 (Dolby) track.

Hopefully they'll resolve that in a later firmware update because it's not terribly user friendly IMHO.

Did anyone else get caught out with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Ordered one of these from SaorTV.com today. Looking forward to trying it out next week. This will be my first satellite receiver and I am hoping to do a satellite dish install also - have never done this before. Have already read some useful guides on this just need to choose a dish/LNB now.

Can anyone confirm whether the following dish would be compatible with the MVision HD200 Combo for picking up the FTA channels and BBC HD/ITV HD:
    http://www.satworld.ie/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2

Yeah, Paul's a good guy to deal with, he even loads up the latest firmware and sets up a channel list for you, he's on this forum known as 'slegs'.

Yes, that dish would be fine BUT if you ever plan to motorish the dish or add more offset LNB's then I would put the money towards something better.

Don't forget you will need a decent UHF aerial if you want the DTT channels too, where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Yeah, Paul's a good guy to deal with, he even loads up the latest firmware and sets up a channel list for you, he's on this forum known as 'slegs'.

Yes, that dish would be fine BUT if you ever plan to motorish the dish or add more offset LNB's then I would put the money towards something better.

Don't forget you will need a decent UHF aerial if you want the DTT channels too, where are you located?

I'm based in Cork city (close to Cork city hall, south east side of city centre). I'm hoping to be able to pick up DTT from the Spur Hill transmitter. There was a decent attic installed UHF aerial in the house (TV3 reception is pretty strong) when I moved in so hoping to use that for the terrestrial channels.

Regards the FTA channels I can't see myself repositioning the dish to get channels from different sats (I'll be happy with the BBCs, ITVs & CH4), so may just go with this cheapish dish as my first dish.

What does one add "more offset LNB's" for?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Lossy

jArgHA wrote: »
    What does one add "more offset LNB's" for?

...for picking up more than one satellite on the one dish.

Looking at a picture online of the remote for the HD200 I noticed that at the bottom right is a red button with the word DivX under it. Can this unit play Divx from an external HD or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

jArgHA wrote: »
    ), so may just go with this cheapish dish as my first dish.

The dish you spotted in satworld is perfect for your requirements. Welcome to the free digital satellite and dtt world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Diffrent model lossy (common remote probably). The MVision STX5 USB Combo plays DIVX and has dvb-t and dvb-s tuners BUT does not have MPEG4 processor for HD and DTT.

You should be looking for the MVision HD200 Combo.

STB wrote: »
    Diffrent model lossy (common remote probably). The MVision STX5 USB Combo plays DIVX and has dvb-t and dvb-s tuners BUT does not have MPEG4 processor for HD and DTT.

You should be looking for the MVision HD200 Combo.

Damn, must be a common remote then, thanks.
    Here is the image I was looking at:

http://www.subirimagen.es/08/0507/143027/000_0711.jpg

Lossy wrote: »
    Damn, must be a common remote then, thanks.
    Here is the image I was looking at:

http://www.subirimagen.es/08/0507/143027/000_0711.jpg

Yes, that's the remote I have, as STB says it's common amongst a few of the Mvision's, it would have been nice for the HD200 to have some of the functions it's 'lowly' brother the ST-5 has, like Ethernet connection, Divx playback and Video streaming from PC but hey, you can't have everything :p

thinking of selling my box

idk tbh

few things driving me a bit mad espeically the guide

do ye think they'll have a proper tv guide

love to beable to series link stuff too

few things driving me a bit mad espeically the guide

do ye think they'll have a proper tv guide

love to beable to series link stuff too

If you're used to Sky or Freesat then there's a huge drop in relation to the EPG but you have to realise that at the moment virtually all HD Combo receivers have this level (lack) of functionality.

For the money it's a great bit of kit but there are a lot of things I think could be better and hopefully a good few of them will be resolved by firmware updates.

Worth hanging in there for a little while longer ;)

If you're used to Sky or Freesat then there's a huge drop in relation to the EPG but you have to realise that at the moment virtually all HD Combo receivers have this level (lack) of functionality.

For the money it's a great bit of kit but there are a lot of things I think could be better and hopefully a good few of them will be resolved by firmware updates.

Worth hanging in there for a little while longer ;)

i was actually thinking of getting the freesat one but the mvision is really a fine box

idk ill have a think about it, i might test the water on adverts

So, I decided to get my power meter out today, that was fairly interesting:

Mvision ON: 23 Watts
    Mvision (Standby): 18 Watts

So, very little difference there, quite surprising really.

Hey, it's a Sunday, I have time on my hands :eek:;):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

So, I decided to get my power meter out today, that was fairly interesting:

Mvision ON: 23 Watts
    Mvision (Standby): 18 Watts

So, very little difference there, quite surprising really.

Hey, it's a Sunday, I have time on my hands :eek:;):rolleyes:

18w on standby!:eek: Thats 18 times that of my 40" lcd! What happens if you plug out the mvision? Will it lose all of your recordings schedule and edited channel list?

• Advertisement

Zonda999 wrote: »
    18w on standby!:eek: Thats 18 times that of my 40" lcd! What happens if you plug out the mvision? Will it lose all of your recordings schedule and edited channel list?

Yeah, impressive isn't it??

Edited channel list stays the same so no problem there, don't know about the recordings schedule.

Advertisement