Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Still very heavy but getting finer. :p 1 inch at least in the last 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Turned into sleety rain again and whatever had stuck is gone :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Stopped now and very wet out there!

And youve got an inch Docarch!?

I suppose if mine hadda all stuck i wudda too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 pfk-0p

wow just had about 1 inch in the last 10 mins, doesn't seem like we've seem the last of this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

I started taking pics and it was like this:

szj1ap.jpg

Then, suddenly, went like this!

2yw6a29.jpg

okd9xc.jpg

In the few minutes since, the roof on the back building there has been covered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Snowing really heavily in Lucan now!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I just new that 'blob' would deliver!

Again, fair play to the Eagle on Morning Ireland when asked 'are we over the worst'........wry chuckle from the Eagle.....no!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Looking at the UK Radar ,the intensity of the precpitation is building up out at sea , more on the way after this band is finished.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

pfk-0p wrote: »
    wow just had about 1 inch in the last 10 mins, doesn't seem like we've seem the last of this

Where in north Dub are you?

And youve got an inch Docarch!?

Between 1 to 2 inches now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Bucketing down here inClane,Its muna.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

I'm delighted to report thats its also pegging it down in Galway - 1st time this Winter and also sticking!! Bring in on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 20somethings

Literally in the space of 5 minutes here in south dublin it went WHITE with HUGE snow flakes! WOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

A good inch lying on top of tree branches and all the footprints and tyre tracks have disappeared. Slowed a couple of times but still going steady here in Churchtown.

Fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Enjoy it while it lasts folks..DP's to the south way too high for this to stay as snow for long.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Out my attic window a few mins ago...

Snow0302-1.jpg

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Out my attic window a few mins ago...

Snow0302-1.jpg

Coool

Mine was kinda like but less stuck than in that pic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭whacker4fun

id say at least 2 inches in rathfarnham now...
    hows meath getting on, ive to travel home?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

shamwari wrote: »
    Blizzard in the city centre at the moment. At last, some panic has set in :D

LOL! Oh the humanity!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 pfk-0p

Where in north Dub are you?

just outside raheny

• Advertisement

Supercell wrote: »
    Enjoy it while it lasts folks..DP's to the south way too high for this to stay as snow for long.

Ah boo... when should we expect the pleasure of rain again?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Couple more pics..

4uxojc.jpg

The back view about 5 mins ago to compare to the above (still snowing, so been more since):

2qk4djl.jpg

29cq4hd.jpg

Easily the best stuff I've seen in a long while.

pfk-0p wrote: »
    just outside raheny

What! No fair, i get done again! And there was me getting happy for a while!:pac:

All wet here now. Stickiness will be even harder from here on in nevermind the rising Dps

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

id say at least 2 inches in rathfarnham now...
    hows meath getting on, ive to travel home?

Dry here in Kells. Had a brief snow shower earlier but nothing else. Looking outside, there could be a few showers in the next 20 minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

Do you think it will swing up here ? Clouds galore here quite dark. Had a shower earlier but it did not stick. :rolleyes:

Coool

Mine was kinda like but less stuck than in that pic!

Surprised at the difference over the last couple of days between your area and mine. I suppose Lusk is that bit further inland whereas you are right on the coast. I guess Lusk is maybe 5km from the coast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Its not sticking,but is lovely when it,s falling.My son is in Iraq and he txt me to find out what the snow was like and is very very jellybag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Really heavy in Leixlip now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Was coming down thick and fast there for a while. Good covering everywhere now just west of the city centre.

• Advertisement

Real fine powder snow now - having out with the camera. 0.7c DP -0.1c :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement