Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

Just Heavy Hail/Sleet in Dundalk tonight! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

raining now wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Tis settling on the wires..the wires!!, thus its proper snow.
    Arklow doubters are not to be3 believed with their doubting information!!
    Bonkers out, heavy is an understatement :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Doubt it SC

3.1c now

2.3c dp

What about the snow thats finally falling in the west - is it likely to turn to rain too later tonight??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I feel its only a matter of minutes before the snow turns to sleet/rain here too, an inch or more has fallen in past hour but its starting to get quite slushy on the ground now and the thaw is back.

ok just aftet turning to rain/sleet now
    thats it for the snow i think untill maybe thursday if were lucky

• Advertisement

DP is rising..i'm just gonna enjoy this before it goes wet :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

according to jean byrne this occluded front to the east is to move west across leinster/munster..wonder when this will occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

No more snow lads. Its rain all the way now in D11

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Its just moving inland now but starting as rain! :(

its wet and raining here atm :(

• Advertisement

Fionagus wrote: »
    What about the snow thats finally falling in the west - is it likely to turn to rain too later tonight??
    Hard to say.
    What you have out there has not been over the sea since morning [it's circulating round the low].
    It came into Dublin and Wicklow and wexford this morning as snow and stayed as snow as it travelled south westwards.
    It probably will stay as snow but die out to be replaced by this new stuff thats currently falling as rain where I am.

Thats going to have some snow,some rain and some sleet in it.
    A wintry mix is the current buzz word.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rain now here too, just turned in past 5 mins. Gonna be alot of surface water in the morning.

Whats the chances it turns back to snow ?

Gonna be rain and snow mixture on the east coast all night probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

prospects of snow in cork anyone? Jaysus i sound like a broken record - that's all i ever ask!:D

Supercell wrote: »
    Gonna be rain and snow mixture on the east coast all night probably.

Gonna be one mucky morning so..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Very light snow here since around 6PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

Finally snowing in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

TBH i dont care anymore, had a long build up to this cold spell and i am wrecked , a disapointment without doubt,
    Dont think i will be spending as much time model watching in future:(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 northtipp

yes were luckey here in north tipp it allways rains here when everbody else gets snow but its not sticking too light and ground to wet was up in the hills today had some great fun with the kids:pac:

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    prospects of snow in cork anyone? Jaysus i sound like a broken record - that's all i ever ask!:D

You could ask on the langer weather thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 northtipp

how do you upload pics in here ??/ anybody soory im new to this

Supercell wrote: »
    its wet and raining here atm :(
    :eek::eek:

Temp is dropping here again,you'll be glad to know and I'll bet if you go out with a lamp and examine that rain it's sleety rain.It must be light?

It probably will change back to wet snow at times with you or even all snow if heavier.

Did I hear someone ask about Cork?

Higher probability of snow there- especially inland and at height [no guarantee] but the precip that hits you will have traveled the scenic route via annamoe actually down through the spine of the country and then into Cork.
    It might take the N7... [I'm actually serious] having already went up the N11 and the R752 [neither traditional routes to Cork according to the RAC or the AA]

This is good [from a snow hopers point of view]as it's all land and interacting with some colder air ahead of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

DP dropping back again:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Ok, that light snow just turned to heavy fluffy snow now.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Weird. That rain doesn't seem to have made much impact on the accumulations here. Would it not wash away pretty readily?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Just travelled from Beaumont Hos (near Santry) to home. Well over 3 hours for a journey that's usually 75mins. Road conditions awful with slush on margins and between lanes holding the surface water.

Was whiteout on arrival at 15:30 at Beaumont with roads conditions deteriorating very quickly. Shower just passed in time. Sleet all the way home though was near settling near Sandyford.

Was thinking for days I wouldn't be making the journey today, but this morning decided to chance it. Was worse than expected this evening and surprised that SC is reporting rain!

northtipp wrote: »

Use the attach button beside the smilie face or the <> to put a link to a jpg.

northtipp wrote: »

Have a read of this

Follow the advice for uploading picture attachments-that way you wont need to host your pic on another site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 slainte13

heavy snow near trim Co meath and sticking:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement