Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bank of Ireland Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

Compak wrote: »
    Good man, without people like you I would not make so much money out of peoples fear.
    While I dont like BOI Im sure your sentiments hold through for my holding of AIB.

Good luck to you. Hope it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

thanks not actually holding bkir but holing AIB and IPM.

Think bkir are in a worse state but dont believe they will end up zero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Heard a rumour today that there is a strong chance Bank Of Ireland is going to be nationalised this week. Current share price of 18.5 cent also supports a nationalisation or collapse of the bank. Anyone buying shares in them right now cannot honestly see value. The price of the share is just like an option. And i thought it was a bad thing when i got out of AIB at E12.....

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Heard a rumor every day for last 6 mths that Bkir were being nationalised.

Lenihan ruled in out again Friday so will be interesting. Ill continue to hold AIB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭-mr.x-

where did you here the rumour?

was it last friday he said that as in 2 days ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

What are peoples thoughts on BOI now? Yesterday was a disaster....

Staying in or out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

iknorr wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on BOI now? Yesterday was a disaster....

Staying in or out?

In. sp will recover to 3-4 euro range in couple of years.

Yeah i expect that also.... but right now its fallnig...still going down this morning. Time to get out i think?

Yeah i expect that also.... but right now its fallnig...still going down this morning. Time to get out i think?

Sp couls have bounce on run upto 23, so we could see selloff abait with some upside of sp possibly back to 1.50-1.70 range by end of next week, I hold off buying till tommorow.

• Advertisement

Im out until i see that upward trend again...

I think its too risky to stay in, looking at the last few weeks etc.generally people will jump out before a large meeting in case something bad happens. I will choose BOI over AIB.

Im out until i see that upward trend again...

I think its too risky to stay in, looking at the last few weeks etc.generally people will jump out before a large meeting in case something bad happens. I will choose BOI over AIB.

Rights issue for boi to most likely take place early possibly during Q1 2010, There will be huge intrest and buy back with this stock.

if thats the case ill be buying up again.... how do these rights work...do u have to be holding a certain amount of shares for a certain amount of time before you are eligible for the rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

ranger4 wrote: »
    Rights issue for boi to most likely take place early possibly during Q1 2010, There will be huge intrest and buy back with this stock.

Source?

I just done a bit of google-ing theres a few news stories about a rights issue , nothing positive...just saying that its not going to happen this year.

Why would there possibly be huge interest in a further dilution of the stock?

What is a "huge buy back of the stock" ?

This is the second or third time you've said you expect a rights issue to be positive for the stock. Why would it ever be positive for a stock, for the shareholders to be continually diluted?

pocketdooz wrote: »
    Why would there possibly be huge interest in a further dilution of the stock?

What is a "huge buy back of the stock" ?

This is the second or third time you've said you expect a rights issue to be positive for the stock. Why would it ever be positive for a stock, for the shareholders to be continually diluted?

Would be possitive for recent investors-punters who bought in with option of being offered more shares at a discount to invest med-longterm asuming thease investors believe boi will recover in couple of years, As for investors-punters who feel its game over for ireland inc and banks then i guess they will stay away, Depends on which side of argument you believe.

Idu wrote: »
    Source?

HP is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Dont know whether its a festive thing, or part of Advent, but the last few weeks seems to be a "Lets slag Ranger 4 "season.

Over the last two years i have read his and everybody elses posts. prior to six months ago he seemed to be right all the time about impending rises and falls in the SP of irish banks.

in the last six months i did not pay so much attention to what he said but i imagine he predicted the gain from 100 cents to well over 200.

in an effort to gain from the rise/fall circus i sold some BoI at a loss for 1.36,earlier this year, with the intention of buying back at a lower price. they went lower to 1.00 but ,my greed said hold on for further falls.

Net result is today they are less for the first time.

i dont have the dough to gamble/invest at the moment. Butperhaps i should look in the childrens accounts.....

Regards, Rugbyman,

rugbyman wrote: »
    Dont know whether its a festive thing, or part of Advent, but the last few weeks seems to be a "Lets slag Ranger 4 "season.

Over the last two years i have read his and everybody elses posts. prior to six months ago he seemed to be right all the time about impending rises and falls in the SP of irish banks.

in the last six months i did not pay so much attention to what he said but i imagine he predicted the gain from 100 cents to well over 200.

in an effort to gain from the rise/fall circus i sold some BoI at a loss for 1.36,earlier this year, with the intention of buying back at a lower price. they went lower to 1.00 but ,my greed said hold on for further falls.

i dont have the dough to gamble/invest at the moment. Butperhaps i should look in the childrens accounts.....

Regards, Rugbyman,

For the record I was not slagging anyone.

I just wondered why he thought a Rights issue would be positive. It is virtually always negative for equity holders and usually positive for debt holders.

It is basicaly dilutive so I wanted to know what Ranger was basing his statement on.

• Advertisement

Would be possitive for recent investors-punters who bought in with option of being offered more shares at a discount to invest med-longterm asuming thease investors believe boi will recover in couple of years, As for investors-punters who feel its game over for ireland inc and banks then i guess they will stay away, Depends on which side of argument you believe.

But you do understand that their current holdings would be worth far less so that would be negative?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

rugbyman wrote: »

Regards, Rugbyman,

This is his post from the 28-11-2008. It is very similar to the stuff he puts down now:
    If the latest plan involving the asset managers from irish banks allong with gov using pension funds to re-cap banks is a runner instead of the vc plan your friends investment would make exellent returns even after the latest jump from 0.88-1.50, I have a feeling the gov will adopt a plan which involves the latest irish bid allong with some investment by gov which should be a lot more possitive for exsisiting bank employees and shareholders, I bought aib 2 weeks ago at 3.56 and will be keeping stock.

This is just one example. You say he's been more or less right on the price movements the last two years but that's not how I remember it. He has never been anything but bullish from €6 down. Even a broken clock is right twice a day(I know you love your stupid sayings). The point is that in the last few weeks his posts have been ridiculously biased with only ramblings to back them up. Throwing in financial phrases like support levels or profit taking may make your argument sound more clued in but in reality he may aswell be saying "because the sky is blue" because at least then you could trust his point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

pocketdooz wrote: »
    For the record I was not slagging anyone.

I just wondered why he thought a Rights issue would be positive. It is virtually always negative for equity holders and usually positive for debt holders.

It is basicaly dilutive so I wanted to know what Ranger was basing his statement on.

Point taken, no offence given or intended.

my belief in a BoI rights issue, is that if taken up,
    it represents a vote of confidence by shareholders,
    introduces capital to shore up reserves(or even to lend!) and reduce need for Govt money,
    so though dilutive could see share price rise.

regards, Rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

I find it hard to be anything but sceptical of the rights issue - their is an abnormally large retail shareholder base in both of the banks and they will not have the funds or liquidity to subscribe in any reasonable amount leaving the government to pick up the rest

maybe some of the holders on here can let us know if they plan to invest more money in BOI/AIB in order to avoid dilution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 berntcar43

When will a Rights Issue take place???

When will it be announced and take place will it be soon or after Easter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Is there really a need for three threads on BOI??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 zoolander006

Hi,
    i have just joined bank of ireland and i get my first cheque next week and i heard that there was a bank some were on leason street i think were if i lodge my money in that branch the money would be i my account as soon as i lodge it rather then waiting five days, does anyone know were this bank or branch is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Hi,
    i have just joined bank of ireland and i get my first cheque next week and i heard that there was a bank some were on leason street i think were if i lodge my money in that branch the money would be i my account as soon as i lodge it rather then waiting five days, does anyone know were this bank or branch is?

You are in the wrong thread zoolander. Probably better if you post your query in here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=544

• Advertisement

Steady as she goes, Terp 0.93c range will probably offer some resisitance but will be broken, Eventually

Advertisement