Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bank of Ireland Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 berntcar43

rarnes1 wrote: »
    seriously? I dont believe that anyone would buy BOI shares at the minute tbh
    Why do you belive.

I have got some.

If it fails it fails.I will give it till the end of march.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

Its possible that we are we likely to see anglo being used as a bad bank for aib-boi debt, Possibly the gov here are waiting for the go ahead from eu, I believe they might be waiting for go ahead for some kind of plan before they commit the 7 billion ifso we will see a huge rally with boi-aib.

ranger4 wrote: »
    Its possible that we are we likely to see anglo being used as a bad bank for aib-boi debt, Possibly the gov here are waiting for the go ahead from eu, I believe they might be waiting for go ahead for some kind of plan before they commit the 7 billion ifso we will see a huge rally with boi-aib.

How long do you think it will be for this plan.

As i said i will stick with this till mid March.

If signs improve i stay with it.If not i will sell.

If it gets back to half it was last year i will be very happy.

Christmas time maybe it might reach this.

berntcar43 wrote: »
    How long do you think it will be for this plan.

As i said i will stick with this till mid March.

If signs improve i stay with it.If not i will sell.

Possibly such a plan could be adopted in the eu zone with each member using a bank to eventually sell bad loans etc etc, If idea gets go ahead i would imagine it would take possibly a month or two, I would imagine governments will have to adopt some sort of eu plan to strengthen euro zone good banks.

Is anyone else in this share?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

i'm went into aib / i perm recently. A pure and utter gamble with just a crystal ball in my hand. The banks will either be nationalized which I think will have a desperate and long term negative effect on the economy with all our banks under govt control or we may see as per previous under eu approval, a dump bank for all the bad dodgy debt.

Once thats in place, one might see a bounce re institutional investors coming back in. We badly need some stimuli to get us out of this mess as the longer this slump continues we will just keeping winding the clock back. The one thing we have now that the eighties didnt have when the economy came back is infra structure...

Every day we are pummelled with bad news, no one is spending, everyone is sitting stagnant.....what we need is a massive input to get us kick stated again and the markets may take off. I just know looking at aib at 60c and boi at 35c, something bad needs to be done and if they are nationalized I'll be stoic about by loss but it better be good for all of us re the country mobilizing again.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

god, it's like stevie wonder leading ray charles through a maze in here:rolleyes:

exactly, no one knows whats going to happen so its pure gambling

British banks seem to be gaining a bit of ground especially BARC.

RSB and Lloyds seem to be like the Irish Banks.More down than up.

Hope BKIR moves on with out Nationalisation..

This would be a nightmare for everyone.

British banks seem to be gaining a bit of ground especially BARC.

RSB and Lloyds seem to be like the Irish Banks.More down than up.

Hope BKIR moves on with out Nationalisation..

This would be a nightmare for everyone.

Bad bank plan urgently needed to instill some confidence, what the **** is the hold up with those eu beaurocrats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

You are living in Fantasy Land

Either that or you are a troll.

ranger4 wrote: »
    Bad bank plan urgently needed to instill some confidence, what the **** is the hold up with those eu beaurocrats.

there are two choices, nationalize or badbank.com it. As per ranger we need action now.....we need to get the wheels of the economy moving again, as it has just plainly stopped. At this stage with my hard hat on, we need to get lisbon through and show europe we want in. Yes I know big issues re fundamentals here but Dermot Ahern put it aptly y'day on radio , "we are in the middle of an national emergengy" and thats what it is.

Likewise I do nt know what a change of govt is going to achieve now...FG/Lab and a load of beardies running the country idont think will be the pancea to the economy's woes..

Bearcat wrote: »
    there are two choices, nationalize or badbank.com it. As per ranger we need action now.....we need to get the wheels of the economy moving again, as it has just plainly stopped. At this stage with my hard hat on, we need to get lisbon through and show europe we want in. Yes I know big issues re fundamentals here but Dermot Ahern put it aptly y'day on radio , "we are in the middle of an national emergengy" and thats what it is.

Likewise I do nt know what a change of govt is going to achieve now...FG/Lab and a load of beardies running the country idont think will be the pancea to the economy's woes..

I agree, A election now would take eye of the ball with recovery plan etc, wouldnt like to see labour or fg in gov they have no balls for hard policys and would just nationalise our remaining banks to appease the electorate, the bad bank plan has been banded about for some time, Its about time the eu step upto the mark and anounce a plan that all eu members can adopt to help us through this crises whether it be a bad bank wharehouse plan etc something has to be anounced and soon.

pocketdooz wrote: »

Pocket whats wrong with you.

I have no idea what will happen.

If you know so much why not share your knowledge with all of us.

Then you can make us all MILLIONAIRES

Pocket whats wrong with you.

I have no idea what will happen.

If you know so much why not share your knowledge with all of us.

Then you can make us all MILLIONAIRES

There's nothing wrong with me. A few people (including myself) who "actually" research these companies for a living have been telling people on here for about 8-9 months to get out, that they were sinking. At €7 a share, €6 a share, €5, €4, €3, €2, €1 etc. These banks are screwed - it's simple really. Read back over some old threads and you will get all the info. you need.

Whatever mate - take the advice you're given or don't but you are coming across so clueless that you seem like someone who is taking the p1ss (A troll) - If you are not then sorry but that's how your posts read.

You have "no idea what will happen" yet you buy the riskiest part (the equity) of this company - do you not see how crazy this is ?

There's nothing wrong with me. A few people (including myself) who "actually" research these companies for a living have been telling people on here for about 8-9 months to get out, that they were sinking. At €7 a share, €6 a share, €5, €4, €3, €2, €1 etc. These banks are screwed - it's simple really. Read back over some old threads and you will get all the info. you need.

Whatever mate - take the advice you're given or don't but you are coming across so clueless that you seem like someone who is taking the p1ss (A troll) - If you are not then sorry but that's how your posts read.

You have "no idea what will happen" yet you buy the riskiest part (the equity) of this company - do you not see how crazy this is ?

1st of all i am not Irish.

I threw a few quid at English Banking shares a few weeks ago.
    I made some profit as RBS was down to 10p a share.

Then i so the arse had fallen out of the Irish market .So then i put a few quid in BRIK..

It seems that BRIK is doing a lot worse than the British Banks.

Look at today for example.

I am not taking the piss at all.

As i said i will give it another 3 weeks and then bail out if its not happening.

This is me mate.Sounds like the whole of Ireland has given up on the Banks.

The Celtic Tiger is well and truley burried.

So what should i do then?

Tell me Pock should i stay or should i go.?????:confused:

1st of all i am not Irish.

I threw a few quid at English Banking shares a few weeks ago.
    I made some profit as RBS was down to 10p a share.

Then i so the arse had fallen out of the Irish market .So then i put a few quid in BRIK..

It seems that BRIK is doing a lot worse than the British Banks.

Look at today for example.

I am not taking the piss at all.

As i said i will give it another 3 weeks and then bail out if its not happening.

This is me mate.Sounds like the whole of Ireland has given up on the Banks.

The Celtic Tiger is well and truley burried.

So what should i do then?

Tell me Pock should i stay or should i go.?????:confused:

Do whatever you feel like.

You're just gambling anyway.

Do whatever you feel like.

You're just gambling anyway.

Everyone who buys stocks is taking a gamble.

What will the Irish Government do.

This is the big issue here....

Hope they have a master plan.

As they sound like a bunch of gangsters with all the dodgey stuff thats going on.

This bank is rubbish

Down Down Down.

easy off on the w@nk word, thats for another forum but seriously both AIB/BOI volumes were traded big today with 2million shares each .....who's trading at these levels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

This bank is ****.

Down with this sort of thing. (Careful now.)

Sorry about the language.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

No problem. Let's keep it civil and move along back on-topic, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

daveirl wrote: »

Lloyds went up today.After a nightmare fall the other day.

Lloyds will be ok.

I have a few quid in Lloyds.

Its the Irish Banks that stink of corruption.Every Bank seems to be led by a crook

It was experienced people that messed the banks up in the 1st place.So that statement does not mean much.

Will this bank survive thats the answer i am looking for.

All the research in the world can not answer this question.....

The Irish Government throwing cash at the Banks might do nothing.Then again it might work.

Sounds like folk have been very greedy for years now the muck has hit the fan people are worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭-mr.x-

The government have rejected any possibility of a AIB or BOI being nationlised.

If the governments recap fails there are three options.

1. nationalisation

2. throw away more money

3. create a toxic bank(anglo)

I think the governments best bet is to make anglo the toxic bank.

DO YEE THINK AIB/BOI WILL BE ON THE STOCK EXCHANGE IN 5 YEARS TIME IF YOU SAY YES THEN CERTINALLY BUY UP STOCK BUT IF NOT THEN I THINK YEE NO THE AWNSER.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Will this bank survive thats the answer i am looking for.

All the research in the world can not answer this question.....

If you cant answer that question with a good degree of certainty then it was foolish, to put it mildly, to be buying wouldnt you agree?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

-mr.x- wrote: »
    DO YEE THINK AIB/BOI WILL BE ON THE STOCK EXCHANGE IN 5 YEARS TIME IF YOU SAY YES THEN CERTINALLY BUY UP STOCK BUT IF NOT THEN I THINK YEE NO THE AWNSER.:rolleyes:

Even if they're still on the exchange in five years time there's no guarantee they are a good buy. Who's to say they will be a solid, profit making organisation by then?

People need to grasp on to the fact that BOI and pretty much every bank in the world are an unknown quantity at the moment. Nobody knows what their fate is and the amount of people who are on here every day asking the same question should be testament to that.

People on here have been saying for nearly a year how the lack of info on whats going to happen is why smart investors would stay away from stocks like this.

For every concievable question you can ask on BOI my answer and the answer of most in the business is "I dont know". This is why we have stayed away from the stock and why, regardless of what excuses people come up with, when they buy any bank stock they are taking a punt rather than using any actual investment strategy

Advertisement