Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bank of Ireland Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

-mr.x- wrote: »
    The government have rejected any possibility of a AIB or BOI being nationlised.

If the governments recap fails there are three options.

1. nationalisation

2. throw away more money

3. create a toxic bank(anglo)

I think the governments best bet is to make anglo the toxic bank.

DO YEE THINK AIB/BOI WILL BE ON THE STOCK EXCHANGE IN 5 YEARS TIME IF YOU SAY YES THEN CERTINALLY BUY UP STOCK BUT IF NOT THEN I THINK YEE NO THE AWNSER.:rolleyes:

asuming ff are still in gov to make the call i think they will go down some sort of insurance scheme for bad debt or possibly using anglo as a toxic bank, all eyes on the possible german toxic bank plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 berntcar43

Down again.

Phew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭-mr.x-

when do yee think the government decide is the recap enough:confused:

I got out of this crap share 1st thing this morning.

It was up %10.Thank God

Good luck to you all.Hope Ireland can fix its problems soon.

Iceland now Ireland.same **** going on

If things improve in a month i might come back in..........

what did you get out at , i bought in at .56cent might hold on another while doh:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

berntcar43 wrote: »
    I got out of this crap share 1st thing this morning.

It was up %10.Thank God

Good luck to you all.Hope Ireland can fix its problems soon.

Iceland now Ireland.same **** going on

If things improve in a month i might come back in..........

so you think ireland is another iceland and would consider going back in in a month:rolleyes:

the shares have gone from .80cent to .30cent since the recap terms were anounced, this is surly because investors have no trust in the government and belive they are getting a bald figure and crossing their fingers....

god above , if we had a half decent government with knolage of what was happening there would not be half as much sceptics out there.

the biggest fear is nationalisation to your average investor.
    the government have clearlly stated nationalisation is not an option . why do investors not belive a word that comes out of there mouth ?????????????????????? BECAUSE there a bunch of idiots.
    we are of course in a huge mess from what i have seen of the irish banking system , but i belive it could be resolved without nationalisation if the government show some leadership and put together a decent package...........RANT OVA

the shares have gone from .80cent to .30cent since the recap terms were anounced, this is surly because investors have no trust in the government and belive they are getting a bald figure and crossing their fingers....

god above , if we had a half decent government with knolage of what was happening there would not be half as much sceptics out there.

the biggest fear is nationalisation to your average investor.
    the government have clearlly stated nationalisation is not an option . why do investors not belive a word that comes out of there mouth ?????????????????????? BECAUSE there a bunch of idiots.
    we are of course in a huge mess from what i have seen of the irish banking system , but i belive it could be resolved without nationalisation if the government show some leadership and put together a decent package...........RANT OVA

It seems to be a waiting game as regards to what policy the gov here will choose, they seem to be waiting for what plan the germans and us will choose, Nationalization is a last resort, a possible bad bank and or insurance of bad debt looks likely.I will be holding my aib-boi.

so you are basing your investment decision on the premise that politicians are not lying to us - good luck with that

everybody involved denies a bank is to be nationalised until the very last moment

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭manta356

They stated clearly that anglo irish wouldnt be nationalized either.mad.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

forgive my ignorance. if boi is nationalized then do investors lose all their money?

forgive my ignorance. if boi is nationalized then do investors lose all their money?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

They were told 7 Billion wasn't enough and the Market is now screaming it at them.

IMO (which is not based on any information) AIB and BOI will merge with the Government taking a 51% stake in that new bank.

Villain wrote: »
    They were told 7 Billion wasn't enough and the Market is now screaming it at them.

IMO (which is not based on any information) AIB and BOI will merge with the Government taking a 51% stake in that new bank.

What time frame do you see this happining, weeks months.

woodseb wrote: »
    yes

im not sure where your going with this , im not basing an investment on anything , i am just saying alot of the reason for the banks shares being so low , i mean .30 cent low is because of the government showing a lack of leadership amoungst other things......
    youd want to go back to sleep, i think your a bit:confused::confused:

sorry quoted the wrong one.....
    it ment to be the reply to me:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

ranger4 wrote: »
    What time frame do you see this happining, weeks months.

read his post again, his opinion is not based on any information so any answer he gives would just be another guess

im not sure where your going with this , im not basing an investment on anything , i am just saying alot of the reason for the banks shares being so low , i mean .30 cent low is because of the government showing a lack of leadership amoungst other things......
    youd want to go back to sleep, i think your a bit:confused::confused:

well that's two of us now, try to make your posts a bit more coherent please

man all i see you do on this is criticise other peoples posts .

i dont no was it that you couldnt understand my post or what , but at the end of the day all i see behind your computer is a nehative troll...:cool:

man all i see you do on this is criticise other peoples posts .

i dont no was it that you couldnt understand my post or what , but at the end of the day all i see behind your computer is a nehative troll...:cool:

there are a lot of inexperienced people on this thread looking for advice and expressing opinions - if I think somebody is wrong i'll point it out cos, god forbid, somebody might make an investment decision based on what they read from an anonymous poster.

so that's why i brought you up on your post where you said BOI wouldn't be nationalised purely because the govt said they won't do it - it's simply not a reasonable assumption to make

(and again, try spell checking your posts or something, they're giving me a pain in the face to read)

• Advertisement

ya see i dont no what your on about i did not say boi wont be nationalised because the government said it wont be...i said it shows how much investors belive in the government.nout.

nd by the way i could bank on me been a lot more experianced than urself thank you very much....

ya see i dont no what your on about i did not say boi wont be nationalised because the government said it wont be...i said it shows how much investors belive in the government.nout.

i agree with that, but you should really try to make yourself a bit clearer in your posts....

i agree with that, but you should really try to make yourself a bit clearer in your posts....

Hello woodseb, would you like to share your view with what will happen to the irish banks, e.g in your view will they escape nationalisation? if not when do you see possible nationalisation occuring? what are the chances of ireland being allowed to either use anglo as a wharehouse for bad loan debt with aib-boi? or possibly adopting a asset protection scheme for bad bank debt which is the way the uk seems to be heading with details of scheme being anounced tommorow.

i think its unlikely they will be fully nationalised, but wouldn't completely rule it out. I don't think the UK and EU schemes will have as much relevance to the irish banks cos the government here doesn't have the capital or the politicial will to bankroll another asset scheme of the scale of what its being done in the UK

i think its unlikely they will be fully nationalised, but wouldn't completely rule it out. I don't think the UK and EU schemes will have as much relevance to the irish banks cos the government here doesn't have the capital or the politicial will to bankroll another asset scheme of the scale of what its being done in the UK

gov here might get go ahead with simmiler scheme as uk and recieve financial help from eu?

ranger4 wrote: »
    gov here might get go ahead with simmiler scheme as uk and recieve financial help from eu?

i think the EU are a long way away from helping out the irish banks at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Long time lurker but avid reader. Thankfully never bought the shares especially as I just checked and the 10;30 price for BOI @ 261/2 c. I think this is an all time low?

i think the EU are a long way away from helping out the irish banks at the moment

If we use anglo to house and later sell off aib-boi bad debt and borrow from the eu bank which said yesterday that they would borrow to exsisiting eu members in extream situation then i feel this or simmiler plan could bring us out of this hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

I would stop pinning your hopes on Anglo being used as a bad bank until the government comes out and makes a definitive statement as to their plans. All we have now is a few hints at help from the EU and the government saying they dont want to nationalise. Anything else is pure guess work and the nature of your posts implies that you have some inner knowledge of the governments plans

• Advertisement

Idu wrote: »
    I would stop pinning your hopes on Anglo being used as a bad bank until the government comes out and makes a definitive statement as to their plans. All we have now is a few hints at help from the EU and the government saying they dont want to nationalise. Anything else is pure guess work and the nature of your posts implies that you have some inner knowledge of the governments plans

It will be Nationalised and Ireland will go back to being the poor place it has always been.Befor this greedy CELTIC TIGER gobbled everything up.

1000S LEFT FOR BETTER LIVES ,1000S sent money home for the family to survive.

Emigration is taking place again just like befor..

Sad to see Ireland going backwards because of peoples greed....

It should not have happend. Corruption and Greed have taken over.

Maybe this be a lesson for future generations ......

good night

Advertisement