Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow potential this week.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

GavinH wrote: »
    What is the highest Temperature that you can have snow?

I'm not entirely sure myself Gavin, but your dew point would want to be zero or below and an air temp of 2/3c max?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Back to shleet again.

So close.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I think we all need a trip up kippure on Saturday to feed our habit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Probably have more of a chance of getting thunder then snow in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭arctictree

2.7c here. I can see the precip in the distance about to arrive.

The mountains around here are covered in snow. I'd say a good 6 inches near the summits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

3 Degrees here with a dew point of 1, so I think when the precipitation hits Cork, it will fall as sleet at the best.

We are talking 1 degree here and we would have lying snow. SO close.

It goes from sleet to wet snow to sleet.

Temp up to 4 in Cork now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

arctictree wrote: »
    2.7c here. I can see the precip in the distance about to arrive.

The mountains around here are covered in snow. I'd say a good 6 inches near the summits.
    Im getting bus to enniskerry and going hiking tomorrow. Where should i head for for a bit of sneachta?

We gots wet snow!

So frustrating watching all this precip go to waste.

The routine continues...... sleet----wet snow
    sleet

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

+1 on the wet snow - yay!!! Not sticking though, but beggars can't be choosers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

im am just goin to go mad all the precip seem to be avoiding me.its gone toward dublin wicklow cork kerry and so on.prob that one degree too warm for it to snow anyway.im like a junkie needing his fix of proper snow here.i think middle of nexy month will be interesting with this warming in the strat.could be mental cold.but anyhow back to today and maybe passing showers later might produce better for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭arctictree

Im getting bus to enniskerry and going hiking tomorrow. Where should i head for for a bit of sneachta?

Make sure you get out early as a warm front is forecast for the afternoon.

I dont really know enniskerry. I would get the Glendalough Bus if I was you!

http://www.glendaloughbus.com/timetable.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chalkie

Maybe you should reconsider unless you are particularly experienced and well equiped? Weather to turn bad tomorrow in the afternoon and rain will probably fall as sleet/snow on hills, at least for a time. Not quite the weather to be out hiking in...

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Ive had light snow all day so far, bit of thawing too.

Still a good 2inches everywhere at the mo.

Quite heavy sleet/wet snow here.

So so close.

Precip seems to be dying out on the radar with more into the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Clondalkin

Wet Snow

2c DP +.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Still the crappy cold rain falls. i've given up on seeing any snow out of this now. Time to move on and look forward to Friday's snow potential.

Still the crappy cold rain falls. i've given up on seeing any snow out of this now. Time to move on and look forward to Friday's snow potential.

You say that now but i reckon you'll see some snow showers this evening as 850hpa temps hit -6c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

I hear ya !! Its been lashing 'orrible rain in Galway since 10. IS there really a snow potential on Friday??:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Well it will soon be Cork's turn judging by the radar to lap up some of this sleet:D
    Still quite heavy looking, will temps now start to fall back a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Frustrating to see snow 2km away on mountains and having rain here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

with all this precipitation about will the temps drop tonight with a chance of snow? i saw a bit of wet stuff i want to feel the crunch beneath my feet!!!!!

Precipitation just went off the Radar in Cork. Waiting for it all day.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

which radar did it go off?

You say that now but i reckon you'll see some snow showers this evening as 850hpa temps hit -6c.

i hope so weathercheck. i never mind being proven wrong when it comes to snow:)

Ahh, it went off the google earth overlay, but not on the Met.ie one. There is hope yet.

Fionagus wrote: »
    I hear ya !! Its been lashing 'orrible rain in Galway since 10. IS there really a snow potential on Friday??:mad:

well, according to the bbc weather charts and some of the models there is but after what's happened so far during this cold period it would be a mistake to get your hopes up too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

all just rain here in north cork(near Mallow)..fairly grey just like yesterday afternoon..

• Advertisement

The same here in Ballincollig, temp just went up to 5 as well.

Advertisement