Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow potential this week.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

It looks to me as if another band of showers is now getting it's act together on the west coast. Maybe this will have more pep in it.

Besides tonight's further chances it is clear that Tuesday afternoon provides a great chance for further troughs to cross the country and with uppers a tad colder then maybe the right side of marginal
    All in all a lot to look fwd to and Wed looks to be the only blip in this cold spell;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It looks to me as if another band of showers is now getting it's act together on the west coast. Maybe this will have more pep in it.

Besides tonight's further chances it is clear that Tuesday afternoon provides a great chance for further troughs to cross the country and with uppers a tad colder then maybe the right side of marginal
    All in all a lot to look fwd to and Wed looks to be the only blip in this cold spell;)
    I know you have optimism but this is probably because you saw some snow today and this is hazing your view.

The outlook is clear as far as Dublin + the east is concerned, precipitation will be few and far between and it will likely be of rain or sleet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Also apart from magic like toughs dissapearing close to the east and then reappearing in The Irish Sea just to annoy us even more arent the temperatures supposed to be getting colder everywhere tonight? From the looks of things its gettin milder and milder everywhere, temps now 3 to 7C generally across the country. Today/tonight certainly went pear-shaped in fine style:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

very disappointing return if you cast your mind back to three or four days ago when were were promised at least two days of quite wintry conditions for much of the country. there is not going to be any snow here tonight as it's too mild now and i doubt there will be any further east. still once we get a clearance later tonight perhaps colder air will kick in at the right levels and produce the goods for tomorrow. still at this stage i'm not holding my breath.

The outlook is clear as far as Dublin + the east is concerned, precipitation will be few and far between and it will likely be of rain or sleet.

There's a pun in there I'm sure Matty:D

Snow will always catch people out most of all the Met.
    The temps will drop in any heavy ppn, we should know before 11 if anything is likely to form tonight

My garden has snow on it this evening, though we do live about 500 feet up. I must admit I did expect more ppn around today though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yep pelting snow in Liverpool!!!

Villain wrote: »
    Yep pelting snow in Liverpool!!!

**shakes fists skywards**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭homosapien

Gonzo wrote: »
    Also apart from magic like toughs dissapearing close to the east and then reappearing in The Irish Sea just to annoy us even more arent the temperatures supposed to be getting colder everywhere tonight? From the looks of things its gettin milder and milder everywhere, temps now 3 to 7C generally across the country. Today/tonight certainly went pear-shaped in fine style:)

DP's are steady in Cork still at 0C so I wouldnt be too generalistic..i'm surprised as I would have expected air temps to be cooled further as it crossed over land from W to E. Air temp in Cork is currently 2-3C..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

yes looks an organised enough band on the west...had a rain shower earlier though so probably more of the same again...bloody dewpoints!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I guess if nothing else my dewpoint seems to be dropping anyway, now 1c!

Edit: 0.9c!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭paulharte

it was snowing pretty decently at 4.30 - 6pm today at Johnny Foxes pub when I was there. There was also a bit of snow lying from this morning.

Altitude is all you need!

just saw the sky news forecast here and it wasn't exactly encouraging for widespread snow tomorrow at all levels - it said snow would mostly be on high ground but there could be some at lower levels at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Letterkenny came to a complete standstill this afternoon with a serious layer of snow. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055465950

Alas, it has almost all gone now. :mad:

What are the chances for more of the same in Donegal tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

will the showers on met eireanns radar not amount to anything..... DUBLIN NEEDS SNOW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Feck this, I'm booking a skiing holiday abroad. :(

(actually booked months ago and will be up to my neck in snow in 17 days :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Calibos wrote: »
    Feck this, I'm booking a skiing holiday abroad. :(

(actually booked months ago and will be up to my neck in snow in 17 days :) )

Whey hey, we will be booking flights for sunny perth for the 22/02.......

never having to worry about whether or not there will be snow on the sea front ever again........

So I hope that you have book your next flight to join us down under....
    Regards
    Silverski

The snow in the N and NW features on the RTE news a little while back, the news reader also said that further disruption/dangerous driving conditions can be expected in other parts of the country overnight from more sleet/snow moving east over the country, according to Met Eireann........:confused:

Looks like some snow headed for the Wicklow Mtns and Supercell!

Well, DP has finally gone negative on me, -0.2c! Air temp 1.1c. Now, all I need is for one of them showers to hit me, thats if they dont dissapear beforehand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

so guys has all the snow gone again, are we gona see any of it today or tonight

• Advertisement

Well there is currently a band of rain/sleet/snow pushing from the northwest.

1) Will it be cold enough?

2) Will the precip make it to the east?

Currently 2c/-1c in Dublin

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=ir&type=loop

Roads were v icy in Cork this morning
    I wonder will that trough(now showing up on the radar) give some snow. I reckon a good chance as it's associated with cold uppers aswell. Coldest weather funnily enough today will be well away from the Northwest. It will be fun to watch.:D

Roads were v icy in Cork this morning
    I wonder will that trough(now showing up on the radar) give some snow. I reckon a good chance as it's associated with cold uppers aswell. Coldest weather funnily enough today will be well away from the Northwest. It will be fun to watch.:D

met eireann seem to think that that it will just rain/sleet..think that we may have seen the end of the snow..wldn't be too confident for the rest of the week either but we'll wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

its very slow in here today!!!

anyways whats the chances of snow in dublin today?

dying with a cold and any excuse to go home would be great.

I even set the alarm last night to see if it was snowing.... no joy!!!

please someone take me out of my misery!!!!

I would even accept best educated guess !!( as i know thats all i can get with weather predictions)

Weather warning issued for heavy snow in NI.

Precip holding up okay FOR NOW, no doubts it will disintegrate soon.

Lots of it out there nonetheless.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

I would expect Met Eireann to issue a weather warning very soon.
    This line on the radar isn't even the main belt. Latest fax looks very good. I think our only problem today is will it be cold enough. I reckon yes!

I would expect Met Eireann to issue a weather warning very soon.
    This line on the radar isn't even the main belt. Latest fax looks very good. I think our only problem today is will it be cold enough. I reckon yes!

have to love your optimism given all the letdowns...i doubt it will reach us in north cork as it will probably have disappeared and if it does more likely to be rain but where there is life there is hope...

maybe on high ground. it seems most of the people reporting snow yesterday were well above sea level. i fear it'll be the same today:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

2.8C with a Dew Pont of -1.2C if that holds and Percipertation arrives we should be in Business?

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    2.8C with a Dew Pont of -1.2C if that holds and Percipertation arrives we should be in Business?

it certainly will be interesting to see if it does. let's hope so anyway.

Advertisement