Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow potential this week.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Plenty of snow here at the moment, everywheres covered in white and its very dark at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Can anyone tell me if there will be ground snow on the wicklow mountains tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Plenty of snow here at the moment, everywheres covered in white and its very dark at the moment.

Good news.

Nice radar presentation.

I have a dream.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

cian1500ww wrote: »

Are you on low ground? if so i stand corrected. please blow some over here as well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Weather warning issued for heavy snow in NI.

Precip holding up okay FOR NOW, no doubts it will disintegrate soon.

Lots of it out there nonetheless.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Although it looks like the part of the band heading towards Dublin is getting very thin.

• Advertisement

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Although it looks like the part of the band heading towards Dublin is getting very thin.

Think the ulster radar went abit crappy there but still a fair chunk, it prob wont make it to the city and will prob be too warm.

The lack of snow reports coming in indicate that band is probably rain.

Anyone tell me whats falling in Athlone, Longford or Mullingar?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭stressed out

oh please please please make it snow. I have been waiting and wishing all winter for those precious white flakes.

Remember Winter 2000/2001 - think it was January- when we had the type of snow you only saw on TV. We must have had half a foot! We made a 5ft snowman - 5ft - and still had loads of snow to spare. And the snow was still there in the afternoon! Imagine that! We had a good decent 3 or 4 day stretch out of that one.

So please Weather Gods help us out here- we are deprived in this part of the world. I will settle for a good frost, anything but the rain that has been pelting down outside and is depressing me as it could be precious inches :(

EDIT rain now falling mixed with some hail! Believe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

The lack of snow reports coming in indicate that band is probably rain.

Anyone tell me whats falling in Athlone, Longford or Mullingar?

meteireann have just issued a warning which at least shows something...interesting to know what is happening in the midlands at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The Major

Heavy snow falling in Virginia , Co.Cavan , visibility very por due to intensity of snow fall, initially snow wasn't sticking but now it's a complete whiteout.:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

So it's snowing in Cavan, it looks like it's heading towards Dublin.

I don't want to jinx it, but i've got to ask. What are our chances of snow now if this thing holds together?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

meteireann have just issued a warning which at least shows something...interesting to know what is happening in the midlands at the moment.
    Erm, did i not say they would earlier??:D

Davo D wrote: »
    So it's snowing in Cavan, it looks like it's heading towards Dublin.

I don't want to jinx it, but i've got to ask. What are our chances of snow now if this thing holds together?

Well i don't know.

But there is a decent slot of that will arrive in Dublin in the next 1-2hrs.

Its currently 3c/0c

Im concerned about the lack of reports from the midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

should it not be reaching Dublin in the next half an hour:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

I'm in Leixlip (north Kildare) and the sky is very grey looking at the moment....it was blue skies earlier this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Erm, did i not say they would earlier??:D

never doubted your wisdom..wonder will this precipitation die out before it reaches north cork?

Apparently its just light rain in Westmeath so the radar might be over doing the precip AND its not cold enough.

Game up i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Watching for Cork Aswell. And it looks like the first small band might miss us to the east. However the 2nd band looks like it will hit Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

I can report there is light snowflakes blowing in the wind i Kilcock.(it might be sleet but I dont know the difference when their that small!)
    Yes I can confirm that it is snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭smilgy

Cornilius wrote: »
    I can report there is light snowflakes blowing in the wind i Kilcock.(it might be sleet but I dont know the difference when their that small!)
    I live in Enfield, near Kilcock and its the same here, a sleet/rain mixture atm

• Advertisement

Cork looks to be that bit colder than the rest of the country. Also the wind being North of West will help keep us that bit colder. The key really is if it's heavy enough for evaporative cooling, if it's just drizzly stuff it wont snow. I see Met Eireann forecasting a lot of thunder of late and imo apart from that incident in Clare we've seen very little thunder.
    Are they thunder ramping:D

Cornilius wrote: »

Any type of snow news is good news!

radar getting better at 12
    Very heavy ppn now showing up west of Clare:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

radar getting better at 12
    Very heavy ppn now showing up west of Clare:D
    By the time that gets to the East I think it will lost most if not all it's Percipertation

Explosive development now out West:eek: on the radar
    That can only fall as snow if it remains heavy coinciding with falling uppers

That precip approaching Dublin seems to be dying a death as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Temperature in Cork has risen from 1 to 3. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yep those showers aren't even getting to the Midlands, another non-snow event.

We need a good old Easterly these NW winds are no good for the East,

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

Snowing heavy now in kilcock but nothing sticking yet!

• Advertisement

It appears the Meto radar has decided to pack in just at the critical time:rolleyes:

Advertisement