Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey folks! ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Howdy links, how's things?

Finally got round to setting up my homebrew :o Hopefully something drinkable is produced!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Things aren't too bad ;) I've already eaten two easter eggs! one more to go :D

I should start another brew on Monday or tuesday I think ;) wanna have a batch made for when girlfriendy comes home :)

Haha I'll be leaving my Easter Eggs til tomorrow :)

What sort of beer are you thinking of brewing?

IPA :D

What did you brew?

• Advertisement

Mine's an american pale ale, just what I got with the kit.

Should be good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Hey all,

Been absent from the forum for the last while. Had so much stuff going on and was stressing to bits. Bit of a respite from it for now so I'll have to catch up on a lot of threads!

Hey Somnus ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Hi folks, hope you all had a nice Easter :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Hey All.
    Anyone heading to Evil Scarecrow at the weekend?
    I have an exam on Monday but don't really want to miss it. I may get all my studying in before Sat.

Hey rei and nea ;)

Nah was tempted to see evil scarecrow, but won't be going. You enjoy ;) I'd say they'd be a lot of fun live

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Had a grand Easter. Visited the parents for dinner.

I haven't been to a gig in ages... Hopefully heading to Godspeed You! Black Emperor this month though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Siege of Limerick was on Sunday. My neck is still sore. Ouch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

One of my friends was at that. I'd love to go some year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Angron wrote: »
    One of my friends was at that. I'd love to go some year.

It does be on in twice a year. Easter and Halloween bank holiday weekends.

Hi everyone. Any plans for the weekend? :)

I'm off to a wedding tomorrow so I have plenty to be doing today (dying hair, general pampering, nails etc). But first I'm going to sit for a while and think about doing those things :pac:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sunday - Blind Guardian at Kentish Town Forum! :D

Need to take my wedding dress for alterations tomorrow, have lost around 8kg since I bought it a year ago and need to get it taken in.

Japanese film festival is starting here on Sunday, so getting all excited to go see what's on :D

Cool, hope you both enjoy! I'm sort of afraid of Sunday's hangover already! We are staying overnight at the reception venue so there won't be an early night I would imagine haha.

• Advertisement

Last wedding I was at I got mildly drunk, it was lovely! It was also the only time many of my friends actually saw me wearing a dress :pac: That's pretty much a complete rarity

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Haven't been at a wedding in years, I think the last one was about 6 years ago.

Last year was the only wedding I've been at as an adult :eek:

OH! Finally got all my plans for the states finalized! Tickets got, all is go! ****ING HURRAY! :D

Yeah, I've never been to one as an adult, most of my friends are too young to really be thinking of marriage anyway.

I was un-invited from a friend's wedding after I came out, that hurt. :(

Well that was monumentally sh*tty of them.

That's fúcking horrible links

Glad you sorted your trip :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Last one I was at was a friend from college's wedding in May 2012, ceremony at Dublin Zoo. If I was getting married in Dublin I would have strongly considered having the ceremony there, the room where they do them has stained glass windows with pictures of the zoo animals :D

Before that... another college friend's wedding, where they went through with an RC ceremony to get his now-wife's rich American parents to pay for the whole thing despite the fact that they were both queer atheists and it was more than a little uncomfortable for everyone who knew him well!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Links234 wrote: »
    I was un-invited from a friend's wedding after I came out, that hurt. :(

That sucks. But on the other hand, the sooner you see the true colours of somebody like this, the better for you

• Advertisement

Yeah, supposedly it was his wife who had the problem with me, but frankly he had the problem and was just hiding behind other people's supposed prejudices.

Advertisement