Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

How all in here?

I've not been posting in the what are you listening to thread because I haven't been listening to any rock or metal lately :pac: that's not something I thought I'd be saying at all :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Links234 wrote: »
    How all in here?

I've not been posting in the what are you listening to thread because I haven't been listening to any rock or metal lately :pac: that's not something I thought I'd be saying at all :p

How do, Links. I haven't posted in that thread in ages either and it's not from the lack of Rock/Metal. I'm currently listening to Steven Wilson's new album Hand. Cannot. Erase. and Sólstafir's Ótta.

Alrighty Passenger, missing girlfriend hard right now :o

You have a good Paddy's day?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Nea wrote: »
    Had a savage weekend at Hammerfest in Wales.
    Such a relaxed and friendly festival.
    Band of the weekend for me was Skalmold, not a fan beforehand but they were pure savage on stage.
    Hell, Angel Witch,Xentrix, Candlemass and Einherjer all played stormers but unfortunately Hell didnt have a big audience due to clashing with Evil Scarecrow, massive clash fail on part of the organisers.

We legged over and got their last song. Have to check them out in Dublin next month, hopefully they get the crowd that they need for it.

How were Angel Witch? missed them at Graspop a few years ago due to a friend wanting to see another band would have went to their show in Dublin but I wasn't in the country their first album is a stonewall classic. Went to Skindred/Steel Panther at Wembley as I mentioned above over the weekend I've seen Skindred better maybe it was the audience they were playing to, Steel Panther I guess a completely a marmite band without question put on a top notch show, floor was sold out but a good few empty seats particularly at the back was well noticeable. Seemed like they were genuinely pleased to be headlining Wembley mentioned they opened up for Motley Crue/Def Leppard in the same arena 3 years ago.

Also the caught the warm up act the Lounge Kittens that night although pretty much one trick ponies without expecting much were fairly entertaining doing covers of the other bands on the bill as well as Slipknot,Limp Bizkit amongst others....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

How was everyone's St Patrick's Day? :). I didn't have the cash to enjoy it unfortunately so no hangover for me at least! My TV has had it though. It's been on the blink for the past few weeks and yesterday it wouldn't even switch on for a couple of hours...nooooo!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

First day back in work yesterday after a long busy weekend back in Ireland... I promptly fell asleep for 2 hours shortly after I got home, then watched football. I don't have an awful lot to complain about there tbh :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

How all in here?

You've been listening to Steam Powered Giraffe on repeat haven't you?

My Paddy's Days was spent cooking :pac: Wasn't going near Dublin City, that's for sure.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I dragged the girlfriend to Glendalough for a walk and fresh air and she cooked for me afterwards.

Hard to complain about that. Screw alcohol and loud noises.

Hey Reiketsu, sorry to hear about your TV.

The possibility of me going to see Dir en Grey is looking a little less lilkely now :(
    You've been listening to Steam Powered Giraffe on repeat haven't you?

What? That's just, well, I... cannot deny this! They're just so awesome :D

All over the place musically, they're an incredibly talented bunch and they've some seriously good songs, some are totally silly and fun, some are quite serious. And you gotta love the whole steampunk robot thing.

I got a couple of friends to listen to them, now they're a wee bit obsessed with them too :pac: Still working on getting my girlfriend into them, but she's been so busy she hasn't gotten around to listening to anything I've sent her yet.

What do you think of em?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I've only listened to bits and pieces, they're good and I'd say they'd be fun to see live but I wouldn't be obsessed with them ;)

Glendalough sounds lovely Nic, haven't been out there in ages. Need to get out on a good hike again.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Aww why not, Links? I still haven't booked a place to stay in London - bank holiday weekend so prices are even more extortionate than usual!

Screw alcohol and loud noises.
    Yeah, same here. I can't stand how crazy everywhere is on Paddy's day, I want none of it.
    I've only listened to bits and pieces, they're good and I'd say they'd be fun to see live but I wouldn't be obsessed with them ;)
    Oh I'd say, having seen some live clips, they really look like they put on an amazing show, lots of jokes and skits and things.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Reiketsu wrote: »
    Aww why not, Links? I still haven't booked a place to stay in London - bank holiday weekend so prices are even more extortionate than usual!

Just took a quick look there - the Premier Inn on Old Street is 79 quid at the saver rate for the Saturday night, that's walking distance (< 1 mile) from the gig. Not too bad.

This city is ****ing insanely expensive to stay in as a visitor when it wants to be though :eek:

Reiketsu wrote: »

Well, the plans for the trip to America are still completely up in the air, so I don't even know if I'll be able to go, or what country I'll even be in at the time of the gigs. But I just gotta prioritize, and its looking unlikely I'll be seeing DEG anyway, I doubt I'll be able to afford it after the trip.

Just took a quick look there - the Premier Inn on Old Street is 79 quid at the saver rate for the Saturday night, that's walking distance (< 1 mile) from the gig. Not too bad.

This city is ****ing insanely expensive to stay in as a visitor when it wants to be though :eek:

I'll be in London from Friday to Monday though so it'll soon add up. I'm tempted to ask my friend if he fancies a trip to London and splitting the cost :pac:

Yeah Links, I understand that. There will be other opportunities to see them though! :)

Yeah, I hope so.

What do you think of steam powered giraffe reiketsu?

So, how are folks in here today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

How were Angel Witch?

Angel Witch were great, we all commented that their set flew, which is always a good sign.Still singing Angel Witch nearly a week later :)
    Was that a double header at Wembley? It seems a big show for Skindred alright. I have never seen them live but heard they put on a good show. They always seem to go down great at festivals.

Nea wrote: »
    Angel Witch were great, we all commented that their set flew, which is always a good sign.Still singing Angel Witch nearly a week later :)
    Was that a double header at Wembley? It seems a big show for Skindred alright. I have never seen them live but heard they put on a good show. They always seem to go down great at festivals.

That's great hopefully I haven't missed the boat in terms of catching them sometime. It was Steel Panther headlining Skindred supporting got about 7/8 songs in, saw them before and were better those times maybe it was the audience a lot of crowd appeared to have not been aware of them but they were still decent.

Saw the Darkness in a notorious kip of a pub in Clonmel last night, sound was surprisingly brilliant and the band were on top form new tracks sound promising and new drummer is fitting in brilliantly too it seems. No gigs for awhile now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I saw that :(

What is it with rock/metal musicians dying before their time.

I don't know, lifestyle maybe? Drugs and alcohol :o

Could be the lifestyle i guess, i mean given how rock/metal musicians behaved in the 70's & 80's - It was an era where anything went.

Also i can't stand D.J Ashba in GN'R, but in Sixx A.M, he's actually a good guitar player.

Anyone here head to Vader last night?

Anyone here head to Vader last night?

Nope but went to Kamelot and Angel Witch last weekend. Not sure what gig I'm stalling to next, maybe Argus + Meal Mordha and maybe Anathema (they're doing a 3 hour set).

How was Kamelot?

Kamelot were as outstanding as I expected. All round fantastic and flawless performance from the band. Good sound and atmosphere too.

• Advertisement

I have a job interview on Wednesday morning :D. It's for nothing fancy, a part time job in a pharmacy covering for someone on maternity leave but it would be a start. I was beginning to lose hope about getting an interview for anywhere, ever.

Advertisement