Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I went to a wedding and every single person in our group knew it would never last. They separated after six weeks. I'm not usually sceptical and generally assume the people involved know best but they'd only been together for eight months and argued constantly. An enjoyable day all the same though :P.

Last wedding I was at was my cousin's in September. This is the first wedding of really great and close friends though. We are getting to that age now I guess.

Glad you got travel sorted out Links! When do you go? That was total bullcrap of your friend but at least you found out who matters.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

6 weeks, bloody hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Reiketsu wrote: »
    Glad you got travel sorted out Links! When do you go? That was total bullcrap of your friend but at least you found out who matters.

Going to San Fran! :D

And yeah, one of the great things about being trans is it's the best asshole filter in the world! :p Well, doesn't work on other trans people who are assholes, but hey, they're rare enough anyway. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I have my first adult friends' wedding to go to this summer. It's gonna be so expensive, either a hotel stay or a taxi back and forth, dress and shoes to buy, present, booze, ugh. Then there's the stag to go to in a month. A friend offered to cover me for it, which is great. Clay-pigeon shooting, a hotel stay and nightclub entry. I'll be the only girl at it but that's fine, everyone I know going to it is settled down, old and in a long term relationship. I doubt there'll be mad shenanigans.

I've also been listening to a lot of the metal I listened to as a teenager. A lot of Burzum and Darkthrone. Det Som Engang Vat brought me back to a car trip, passing through an industrial wasteland where I was imagining a not-quite apocalyptic film of people living among abandoned industrial titans. So I wrote a poem about it...

Lost Wisdom, Burzum, Darkness

grey brown mountains drone
    not of earth or stone but
    near distant soot encrusted
    mechanical stacks,
    that burnish a dream,
    of wastelands, pasts and tone
    calcified bones, decay
    no flesh inspired dream
    to please a future
    of coloured anger
    and steeled rich scream

And I know now, I've heard
    that augured future
    of oiled wasting
    mechanised death
    brought something good
    deep felt remembered journeys
    inspire this living
    borne from hurt
    expressed in life's
    celebration

• Registered Users Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Anybody stalling to Anathema in The Academy on Friday?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Blind Guardian were AMAZING tonight :D:D:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Very jealous :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

How were Orphaned Land?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Links234 wrote: »
    I was un-invited from a friend's wedding after I came out, that hurt. :(

Bunch of dicks :mad:

• Advertisement

Quite a bunch alright

How were Orphaned Land?

They were pretty good too, missed the start of their set though but enjoyed what I saw. Pity you weren't over for it, you would have had a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Open bar, stayed up until 7am on Sunday morning, slept 10 hours last night and I'm still not quite back to the land of the living. An amazing day :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Going to San Fran! :D

Yay!! :):)

Am trying to organise a trip to Las Vegas for a Star Trek Convention :o It's getting pricey.

My best friend since we were 4 and 5 asked me and our other friend of 10 years to be her bridesmaids next Summer :D

Me and the other girl were having a pint when she asked us through the same WhatsApp group texting, knowing we were together. She sent us links to some dresses she'd like us to have. We agreed on one and sent back to her.
    BAM!
    All sorted in under 3 sips :)

We're doing SF, Yosemite and southern Oregon for our honeymoon :D All the cool kids going west...

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭pkvader

Passenger wrote: »

Yeah, after party in Gypsy rose, also Overoth and Skinned are playing Fibbers, I torn between the two.Whats fibbers like on a friday night?

pkvader wrote: »
    Yeah, after party in Gypsy rose, also Overoth and Skinned are playing Fibbers, I torn between the two.Whats fibbers like on a friday night?

Fibbers was packed on Friday night as it was their 25th Anniversary. It's rarely that busy most Friday's though. Wasn't too many in the Gypsy Rose either. Any idea who the guest DJ's are for the after party? Last time one of the fellas from Anathema was DJing.

Fibbers was packed on Friday night as it was their 25th Anniversary. It's rarely that busy most Friday's though. Wasn't too many in the Gypsy Rose either. Any idea who the guest DJ's are for the after party? Last time one of the fellas from Anathema was DJing.

Havent heard,anathema are over at 10 so might pop up to see Overoth, must check stage times, , gypsy is open until 2.30 so its an option to head to if Fibbers is ****e.

Listening to this atm, I love a good cover sometimes :D

They were pretty good too, missed the start of their set though but enjoyed what I saw. Pity you weren't over for it, you would have had a great night.

Ah I'd say, Blind Guardian are amazing live, and I adored Orphaned Land when they played here, really incredible show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I am going and cannot wait. 3 hours of Anathema, its going to be amazing,looks like its heading to be a sell out.
    Evil Scarecrow were absolutely savage on Saturday night. So much fun. Anyone going to Download would be foolish to miss them.

• Advertisement

Nea wrote: »
    I am going and cannot wait. 3 hours of Anathema, its going to be amazing,looks like its heading to be a sell out.

Aye, should be a good 'un. And the 3 hour set, you can't argue with that.

I won't be at Anathema, but you folks enjoy! I'd say it'll be an amazing show! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭blackwave

By all accounts the Anathema concert was brilliant raging that I missed it

blackwave wrote: »
    By all accounts the Anathema concert was brilliant raging that I missed it

It was an outstanding performance from the band. They sounded superb and a great atmosphere in the packed Academy.

Heard nothing but great things, glad it was a great gig ;)

Only a few weeks left before I'm headed stateside! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Stunning,stunning performance as usual from Anathema.

Great atmosphere at the gig,only gripe was hearing too many people talking which kinda ruined One Last Goodbye for me. Its such an emotional song it deserved more attention.

Darren White was in top form for the last set. It didnt feel like 3 hours, which is always a sign of a great gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Heads up. Posted in the gig forum. Corrosion of Conformity coming to the academy and limelight on June 14 / 15.

Deliverance lineup. Got me a ticket. \m/

seachto7 wrote: »
    Heads up. Posted in the gig forum. Corrosion of Conformity coming to the academy and limelight on June 14 / 15.

Deliverance lineup. Got me a ticket. \m/

When was the last time they played Ireland?

Definitely saw them in the point with metallica in the mid 90s.

Anathema were awesome, the 3 rd set was just amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

pkvader wrote: »
    When was the last time they played Ireland?

The Button Factory in 2011 original date got cancelled on the day of the gig but was rescheduled for a month later.

• Advertisement

My beer is currently bubbling away! Gonna be ready for when my girlfriend comes back. I'm gonna get some labels, and calling it "Welcome Home Brew" :pac:

Advertisement