Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

It sure does look cold outside!
    The wind here in the mountains doesn't inspire me to leave the couch but leave it I will!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Have a hot whiskey when you get in Ronan, warm you right up

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Protest march on o connell street holding traffic up if either of you are getting the bus

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Protest march on o connell street holding traffic up if either of you are getting the bus

I am on the bus but get off at fleet Street.

I am on the bus but get off at fleet Street.

Should be fine unless they're moving up that way so. Assuming you're coming from the south side that is.

• Advertisement

We're on our way, try get a big table there might be a few friends I'm dragging along too :p if you spot me, say hi, you really can't miss me.

On the way in too. I'll be the guy in a black coat and porcupine tree t shirt :p

There now. Loads of tables. Sat at bar.

Well Sabaton was some gig :D stupid amounts of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Have to say twas some gig, just got there before they went on, bolloxed and at home with a cup of tae now :o

• Advertisement

Bloody amazing. The band looked genuinely surprised at the reaction they got!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

I have to admit I wasn't the biggest Sabaton fan before the gig but now I think I've been converted somewhat. They commanded the crowd from the off. From the constant interaction with the crowd to the theatrical bounding around the stage, they were immense. Each member smiling ear to ear, seeming like they genuinely enjoyed being on stage.

I haven't seen a band with such a rapport with the crowd in quite a while.

Great to meet some new faces, hope ye all had a blast at the gig. Cannot wait for Morbid Angel later.

Have conventant blaring all morning, the neighbours will love me.

Ah, that was such a seriously good gig! :D

Hope you're enjoying Morbid Angel Ronan! ;)

Passenger, you missed the pre-gig pints!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Links234 wrote: »
    Ah, that was such a seriously good gig! :D

Twas a very good gig indeed. I watched it from a brilliant vantage point on the balcony at the lighting engineer's desk.
    Links234 wrote: »
    Passenger, you missed the pre-gig pints!

I know. Sorry about that. I wasn't being intentionally anti-social, I knew that I wasn't going to be able to get in until 6.30. I even missed the first few songs from Tyr.

Ah, I was dead center in the pit for Sabaton but after the first couple of songs I had to nope the **** out of there, way too hot and sweaty. Managed to find some more friends and got an awesome spot on the balcony over to the right side. And no worries about the pints, we had fun without you so there! :pac:

I wasn't gonna get a T-shirt, but as I was going down the stairs to the merch stand with herself, someone must've tripped and I got soaked with beer, so I ended up having to get a tee anyway! Herself bought it for me as a pressie anyway :)

Yeah in front of the stage looked pretty mad and sweaty alright, slightly bummed that I missed Korpliklaani but by socks Sabaton put on some bloody gig.

Korpiklaani were a great laugh, pity you missed 'em. I'd seen them last year and they were even better this time ;)

Also...

tumblr_mm18gdVOxf1qd91jko1_500.jpg

:pac:

Caught them at a Wacken a few years back alright. Worse thing was that work was just dead and I couldn't sneak off an hour early to catch the full gig, nowt worse than twiddling your thumbs when you've got other places to be at

Ah that's seriously annoying P_1 :o Still, glad you enjoy the gig!

By the way, I trust everyone's seen this?

• Advertisement

Ha that is all kinds of awesome!

He's someone I'd love to hang around and have a few pints with ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

So I hear Sabaton were great :pac::pac:

Nice!!

Strongly considering Bloodstock saw Rob Zombie at Novarock quality show altogether and I was amazed to hear mixed reviews of their show at Download.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Hard to believe it's 10 years today that Dimebag died. Still remember reading the reports online and refusing to believe it.

wow, that's kinda mad :eek: I still remember when I heard it, I was shopping in Dunnes when a friend text me about it

Mmm, hot chocolate, with two marshmallows on top :D

Any advice on homebrew starter kits? I've to tell me people what to buy me for Christmas and this is something I'd like that I wouldn't actually get round to buying for myself :p Preferably something that can be picked up in a shop, not ordered online.

Is there a homebrew shop somewhere near you in Dublin? They can probably make up a starter kit for you with whatever you want in it no problem

A quick google brings up "The Mottly Brew" which seems to do starter kits and a few different craft beer kits.

I need it to be a handy present for my brother in law to get me :p

• Advertisement

Two sleeps 'till Behemoth now :D

Advertisement