Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Evening ;)

What you up to for the weekend Peter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Well right now I'm about to go and make dinner for the family (nothing exciting, friday night is pasta night!). Got to go buy a xmas tree as well.

Hopefully your weekend is more exciting!

Going for a few drinks with friends, might sneak off to the pub for a cheeky hot rum :D

We've only got a teeny tiny xmas tree, I'd love to get a proper one at some stage, but I dunno if we've the room for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

We've a bit more room this year - I put some lights out on the balcony last year but the wind wrecked them...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm fecking bolloxed.

Pizza ordered, bought some beer to sup on and will probably try get to bed early enough.

Relaxing night in with music for me.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

I'm fecking bolloxed.

Pizza ordered, bought some beer to sup on and will probably try get to bed early enough.

Relaxing night in with music for me.

In the pub, and they do these amazing hot rums! But instead of the rum, they made it up with the mix for the hot rum, but with coffee tequila, and it tastes incredible :D

Ah crap, just noticed DazMarz closed his account :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I don't get why people close their accounts, wouldn't it be easier to just not log in, leave the account active, but not close it completely.

I can understand closing your account, definitely.

I think I've got a hungover :(

• Advertisement

Hey folks.

Hey links

I've a horrible cold and have to give presentation tomorrow.

Stupid life :mad:

Hot whiskey! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

2 last Christmas exams I ever have to do are tomorrow, and for that I'm grateful! Don't ever want to put myself in this ****ty position ever again. Remember when you used to enjoy college? Ah, those were the days! :pac:

Hey Nailz ;) Ain't seen you about in a bit, guess exams had you busy?

10 days until Christmas yay! :D

T-shirt arrived today from Qwertee, opened it up, no haribo! What is this foul treachery?

:eek:

No Haribo? I'd get a refurd, that's not on! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I have Haribo :pac:

Evening Reiketsu, got any to share?

I do but I can't promise it'll last much longer :P.

I'm getting really excited about Christmas now! Its my daughter's birthday first on the 23rd (she will be 8) and then on the 24th let the drinking and eating commence. What does everyone do over Christmas? Any traditions?

• Advertisement

GIMMIE SOME! :D

Ah she has a Christmas birthday? :pac: My girlfriend is the same, hers is on the 28th, so she finds people skimp on gifts for her. I think I kinda go overboard on her, get her loads of stuff and cook her plenty of things. She goes home to her family for xmas so for the last couple of years I've been cooking a big ass Christmas dinner for her the day before she heads off. Then when she gets back, throw her a birthday party.

So yeah, I've pretty much been having 2 xmas dinners each year for the past few years. And I wonder why I got a bit of a belly :p

btw, your copy of Arche arrive yet?

Ah my daughter gets double presents. She gets far too much though - there's stuff from last year that she hasn't even looked at :O. I'm gonna have to move stuff she no longer plays with into the spare room as I need the space.

Haha well I'm a huge fan of food so I'd say feck it :P. On Christmas eve we go to my Mum's and she makes as much party food as will fit in the oven and we stuff ourselves :pac:. Chocolate for breakfast on Christmas day and on Boxing Day the family go out for a good drink. I'll be in London for NYE with a few friends :).

Yeah, it arrived on Friday :D. I watched the DVD with it on Saturday night and immediately watched Tour08 The Rose Trims Again and Tour04 The Code of Vulgarism straight after it. Arche reminded me what I love about them :O.

Hey I'm as bad, I'm itching for the Steam sale, even though I've games from over a year ago as still unplayed :o Might get myself a little gift, I have had my eye on the new Wolfenstein since it came out, so if it's cheap enough I might snag it. You play any games?

Seems my copy of Arche was out for delivery, but... DHL are being assholes again they said I wasn't home on Friday, when I damn well was. :mad:

I play some games but wouldn't say I'm a gamer as such. I'm in the middle of replaying the Arkham games for the umpteenth time at the moment :P. I do need to pick up some new games though. I ask my brother for suggestions but we have fairly ddifferent tastes so it doesnt get me far. He's currently playing Dragon Age Inquisition and it makes me want to sleep.

Ah that sucks :(. DHL are bloody useless. I had a parcel sent with them once before and it sat in a warehouse in Germany for five days and didn't move. I'd be on the phone if it doesn't appear tomorrow!

Ah I loved Arkham Asylum, such a glorious game! :D Picked up Dragon Age Origins during the summer, still haven't even installed it :o

I sent them an email, will be calling them tomorrow if it doesn't show. It's not the first time something like this has happened, they did the whole "delivery attempted, recepient not at home" before and I was there the whole time. I knew it was a lie, because if they had attempted delivery, there'd be some little slip in the door. So when I was on the phone to them they said "Oh, the driver couldn't find the place, blah blah blah" which again, was utter crap because I live smack bang in the middle of the city, and I even know the local DHL driver to see 'cos he's around so often, he knows well where we are. Fed up with them, seriously. :mad:

I finished replaying Asylum and City over the weekend. Playing Harley Quinn's Revenge at the minute, then I'll do the side missions before playing Origins :D.

I emailed them on Thursday evening because my tracker hadnt been updated at all. I might have it now but still no reply to that email :/. Fingers crossed tomorrow will be the day!

Something else I had ordered hasn't shown up either, so I'm kind of a bit worried :o sticking with HMV Japan for stuff any more. I do wonder if I order the new Nocturnal Bloodlust will it arrive before Christmas? Bit of a gamble maybe. Dunno if I can afford the special edition though

Maybe this is why the shipping on Amazon JP is so cheap :pac:. Being able to pay customs in advance like that is so handy though. Hmm you never know! I haven't ordered it myself yet. I think its gonna have to wait until the New Year but I'm looking forward to hearing it!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Links234 wrote: »
    Something else I had ordered hasn't shown up either, so I'm kind of a bit worried :o
    Likewise - waiting on two Urban Decay palettes from Debenhams, they are Christmas pressies so they need to hurry up! Grrrrrr...

• Advertisement

I wouldn't get too stressed out just yet as there is still time. When did you order them? I am awful at waiting on things to arrive :P. So impatient.

Advertisement