Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Links234 wrote: »
    So, change of subject, girlfriend was gonna make cupcakes, so I decided I'd do something I've wanted to do for ages an attempt a rice cooker cake! :D So basically she just made twice the amount of cake mixture, and I've fecked half of it into the rice cooker and fingers crossed it'll work.

I'll keep you updated :p

Ive no idea what that means but I want to eat it

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Ive no idea what that means but I want to eat it

The idea is, you mix all the ingredients in the pot of the rice cooker, so it saves on cleaning up and then cook it in the same thing you mixed it in! Whether mine turns out ok or not, well... I dunno, but it'll be a worth experiment! FOR SCIENCE! :D

It looks like it's nearly ready, stuck a knife in it and it seems to be good, just gonna leave it a little longer to be sure, I don't want it falling apart on me

The cakes was burned, it stuck to the pot and well... still perfectly edible though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Cake is always perfectly edible in my book:pac:

• Advertisement

Hey folks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

So, unfortunately I have a ticket for Sabaton on Saturday but won't be able to attend. Was thinking someone may as well use it.

If anyone is interested drop me a PM, it's free!
    You could collect it at the gig from ScienceNerd, as he's going, so I'll pass it on to him.

Somnus wrote: »
    So, unfortunately I have a ticket for Sabaton on Saturday but won't be able to attend. Was thinking someone may as well use it.

If anyone is interested drop me a PM, it's free!
    You could collect it at the gig from ScienceNerd, as he's going, so I'll pass it on to him.

Free, minus the courier fee, of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

At my mum's tonight. Its her 50th birthday today. Should not be drinking on a week night :O

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Had a great night at Korpiklaani and Tyr this evening :D

Was expecting my OH to absolutely hate it, but he enjoyed Tyr to a surprising degree :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Had a great night at Korpiklaani and Tyr this evening :D

Was expecting my OH to absolutely hate it, but he enjoyed Tyr to a surprising degree :)

They're the bands I'm most looking forward to on Saturday tbh.

I've seen Korpiklaani before and they're great live, but I didn't see Sabaton so mainly looking forward to them :D

Reiketsu, as long as you can get up the next morning, you'll be grand ;)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm debating the merits of going to see Sabaton in January. Haven't seen them before either, but am kinda curious! They have Delain supporting them here on January 12, which is a relatively decent lineup and would be something to look forward to after Christmas...

I'd love to go see Epica tomorrow as well, but I'd want to be making sure that Dragonforce were skippable - saw them in Dublin a few years back and left feeling I'd wasted the ticket money.

Saw Dragonforce live before and yeah... They're not great :o

I may have just bought one of these whacky thingies for my sister for Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Never posted to say how amazing Primordial were,best performance from them in years. New album is savage too.
    There has been so many good albums and gigs this year. Behemoth is my final gig this year, couldnt afford MH.

This is all sorts of deadly.........

Nea wrote: »
    There has been so many good albums and gigs this year. Behemoth is my final gig this year, couldnt afford MH.

Tell me about it! There's so much that I haven't been able to afford gigs, can hardly keep up with new releases from bands I like. I still haven't even gotten Devin Townsend's new one :( Was gonna pick it up last time I was in Dublin, but didn't really have the scratch. And it's Christmas, so getting stuff for GF and family kinda takes priority, but that's kinda cool, I do like getting gifts for people :)

Me too, havent got the new DT yet but I have left loads of hints :) Trying to keep sponds to try get the early bird Bloodstock tickets.
    Are they still doing the Top 10s of the years on here anymore?
    I am always interested to what other people think.

I may have just bought one of these whacky thingies for my sister for Christmas :D

I want a go of that. :pac:
    Nea wrote: »
    Me too, havent got the new DT yet but I have left loads of hints :) Trying to keep sponds to try get the early bird Bloodstock tickets.
    Are they still doing the Top 10s of the years on here anymore?
    I am always interested to what other people think.

I'll start a thread for that now actually. ;)

Yeah, bloodstock looks interesting, I'd love to go because herself has never been to a music festival before and that would be awesome. We'll see ;)

Hmm, top 10s you say?

• Advertisement

Passenger wrote: »
    I'll start a thread for that now actually. ;)

Ah! Is it not too early yet? still some albums yet to be released! New Dir en Grey soon

Ah! Is it not too early yet? still some albums yet to be released! New Dir en Grey soon

Sure it's December. Might as well get the ball rolling. Previous years threads were started in November.

Well, happy Sabatonday everyone! I mean Saturday :pac: Also, Sabaton! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Woo! Sabaton! Really should be feeling far more hungover than I currently am...

This will be my first Bloodstock. Soni is gone too expensive and DL is too big.
    I have never seen Rob Zombie solo and it doesnt look like he is going to come here anytime soon. Opeth sells it for me also.
    Early Bird tickets are £120 until Dec 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Enjoy sabaton links. Would like to go see them but decided I couldn't pass up seeing Morbid Angel. Too many good gigs on so close together!

I'm still kinda sore about missing Morbid Angel :( would be awesome to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I'm still kinda sore about missing Morbid Angel :( would be awesome to see them

You having a drink before the gig? If I goto town may have one if yer around

You having a drink before the gig? If I goto town may have one if yer around

Will be heading to the black sheep for 4pm today before Sabaton, so yeah would be awesome if you could pop along for one ;)

• Advertisement

I should be there too, if yis will have me ;)

Advertisement