Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Results 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

From the "Leaving Certificate Examination 2009" booklet:

The Organising Superintendent appointed by the Commission to your school will assign you to one of the viewing sessions. The viewing sessions will be held as follows:
    Friday 28th August from 6pm to 9pm (session 1)
    Saturday 29th August from 9am to 12 noon (session 2)
    Sunday 29th August from 2pm to 5 pm (session 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

Mr.S wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, how do your results look when you look at them online?

Does it just list all your subjects and then the % or does it give you the grade (A1,A2,B1 etc)?

From past experience last year, they give you the subject and then the grade after it, e.g. A1 etc, and its up to you to calculate them into points - lazy feckers! :p

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

Mr.S wrote: »

Was the site grand to get onto last year, or was it really slow/broken once 12 came along and everyone logged in to get results?

To be honest I did'nt check mine online till later that day, just to see them on the screen :rolleyes: But out of a year of around 70 students, I'd say ten didn't show up to get them at my school...so in theory a lot would'nt log on at 12 on the dot to check them me thinks!

You can't beat the atmosphere with all your friends waiting to get them, it only happens once so make the most of it! (twice for those unlucky few! :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pippy92

hey i'll be on holidays for my results as well so i have to get them online. was i supposed to get a pin number from my school??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Yeah. Our vice principal gave us a letter thing with a PIN on it. AFAIK, that's the only time you get the PIN. If you lose it, you can't get it again, I think, but I could be wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

sorry if i sound stupid but what time do we get our results is it 9.30 or 10??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I think it varies from school to school. Mine gives them out at nine, that said our principal gets them from the post office at 6 and has them copied for records by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭7Steve

sorry if i sound stupid but what time do we get our results is it 9.30 or 10??

Im pretty sure its 9 o'clock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Quick, Urgent.........

Can somebody please tell me what time people go into school at to collect the results?

I might not be able to get there till 11.30am?????

K4t wrote: »
    Quick, Urgent.........

Can somebody please tell me what time people go into school at to collect the results?

In my experience it's around 9/10 AM. If you can't get in until that late you might as well wait until 12 and get them online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

K4t wrote: »
    Quick, Urgent.........

They'll still give them to you at that stage...
    I'm pretty sure I was still asleep at that stage last year, I didn't wander up to my school 'til at least then.

After a certain time they post them out or something though, but there'll still be a copy in the school. Not to worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Thanks guys ^ ^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

is anybody not going into the school and just getting them online?

is anybody not going into the school and just getting them online?

Really considering it, seeing as I live quite far away from my school.

However, I seem to have misplaced my PIN, so I may just make the trek. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

bythewoods wrote: »
    Really considering it, seeing as I live quite far away from my school.

However, I seem to have misplaced my PIN, so I may just make the trek. We'll see.

Based on this post, I would seriously question your abilities as a Doctor. What happens when you "seem to misplace" someone's heart, mid-operation?

What happens then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

Yeah cos every single doctor is incapable of human error....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭username4321

Is anyone actually terrified??
    I cant pinpoint the exact fear. I suppose its just waiting for disappointment!!
    I was sick in 6th yr so missed half the year (while i was out i didnt even look at a book) so didnt do a tap for the leaving, Im quite smart naturally or so Im told and have high expectations for myself so I know Im gonna be super disappointed come results day.

And is anyone else dreading going back into school? And seeing their year?
    I dunno it seems since i finished the LC and school I've become my own person and hate that b1tchy envionment.

So when I get my envelope off the principal Im gonna say 'Thank you for Everything Sir' put the uneopened envelope in my handbag and walk out.

I hate hate hate the whole 'what did u get?!' thing. Its gonna be the whole bloody night!! Im not gonna tell anyone. Fap off and mind your own business you child!

Rant over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Anyone else like not care?!

Couldnt give a damm myself, big loada bother more than anything for me!

Forgot all about them for a while until bythewoods reminded me over in clearsil and horomones *angry pitchfork and farmery look*

Biggest problem is taking work off, id prefer work and just get them on the net tbh, but may go in and see everyone and the likes.
    I suppose it might be down to knowing that i did nearly as well as possible and not being bothered now, fairly confident of getting my course, more curiousity of what i got in some subjects though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

When can you get your result online?How do you get your pin number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

If people ask you and you're not keen on telling them, just say, 'I'm very happy thanks.' The following day nobody much cares anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Based on this post, I would seriously question your abilities as a Doctor. What happens when you "seem to misplace" someone's heart, mid-operation?

What happens then?
    Whut?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    When can you get your result online?How do you get your pin number?

This has been aswered like 100 times in this thread but anyway. . .

Your results are online at 12P.M. You get your pin number from your school. Some schools gave out the students pin before the leaving. Some did it during the leaving cert. And some schools sent it out through post over the summer. If you haven't received your pin (like me) then you should ring your school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

A Neurotic wrote: »

What happens then?

Come on. You can't compare to misplacing a human heart with a Leaving cert pin number.

You could have said car keys or something :pac:

I totally agree about the whole losing my PIN translating to bad Doctor thing.
    That guy sure knows his, eh, stuff. Whoever you are, Neurotic chap :P

If it's any consolation, I found the PIN.
    So maybe like, it'd be more like, just losing someone's heart mid operation for a short while before eventually finding it again?
    timmywex wrote: »
    Anyone else like not care?!

Couldnt give a damm myself, big loada bother more than anything for me!

Forgot all about them for a while until bythewoods reminded me over in clearsil and horomones *angry pitchfork and farmery look*

Biggest problem is taking work off, id prefer work and just get them on the net tbh, but may go in and see everyone and the likes.
    I suppose it might be down to knowing that i did nearly as well as possible and not being bothered now, fairly confident of getting my course, more curiousity of what i got in some subjects though!

To be fair, I've said many a time that I too am pretty apathetic towards the actual results!
    Cooooooooool as a cucumber. Sure whatever like, if i did crap I did crap.
    If i did alright, grand job sure.
    All I said was I was probably going to go out in Wexico/ Sexford that night. Although I haven't decided yet....

bythewoods wrote: »
    Whoever you are, Neurotic chap :P
    Aaaaand ... the penny drops!! :p

Surprised it took so long, my radar is usually more acute!

Hmmmm ... what to do, what to do!! :pac:

Aaaaand ... the penny drops!! :p

Surprised it took so long, my radar is usually more acute!

Hmmmm ... what to do, what to do!! :pac:

I am extremely confused.

Really?!

Perhaps the neurotic one is right then! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

Ok someone here has been drinking:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 imakenoise

I don't really know how i feel about getting the results in one way i don't care but in another i do haha...i just think im gonna get like 5 points under my course and it'll be a sickener!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bumpity bump

as it says

how do i check the results online

Advertisement