Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Results 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Mr.S wrote: »
    1 min 58 seconds till i get my results.

Fúck.

Good luck!

Got like 500, happy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fúck.

Good luck, unless the website crashes.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Fúck.

I bet you done great.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Fúck.

Try it now.

A girl in work got her results 5 minutes ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

hblock21 wrote: »
    Why?!?!?!?!?!?!

It doesn't mean ****e all. When you go for a job interview you're not asked how many points you got in your leaving your asked what you did in college.

Nah I got a 1.1 in college but my LC results were still very important for some of the interviews I did, and I got asked about them in depth. Depends on the job I suppose.

But as I said, I did well in it. I'd just love to go back and do it again as a personal achievement thing! You'll never again get to do 6-9 very diverse subjects like that. In college you'll probably just be doing either science or business or languages or whatever, it's a lot tougher and more challenging to have to switch from studying Irish to studying music to studying chemistry, etc. The reason I'd like to do it again is because I'd have the challenge of doing well in it, without the pressure of my future being dependent it!

Well done to all of ye, some great results! Hope it works out even if you didn't get what you were hoping for. I know a few people in my class who didn't do as well as they hoped, and every one of them are very happy and successful now six years later, whatever path they chose.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

repeated and got 375.. goal was 400, but got kinda ****ed in english/history.. got my first choices, some im still delighted :D

my 09 results vs my 08 results :D did like 9x better ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MrSnuffleupagus

375... Not the end of the world, but I was expecting so much better from french (HL C3). Didn't have high expectations after my DCG exam, turns out my teacher somehow forgot to teach us half the curriculum (true story!) Still, passed that! Roll on NUIG :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

You don't know what the points for this year will be.

You could still get first choice.

But, that doesn't matter too much right now. Enjoy your results and leave the CAO til Monday. You can't do anything about it for now anyway.

I could indeed but it really doesnt matter coz im very happy with how I did. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

got 385 but very disappointed with my Economics result. Only got a C1 but thought I destroyed the paper. My unexpected B1 in History kind of made up for it I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

380 pts :D
    hope to do Arts in UCD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 reindeerarmy

450!! unreal expected 370........A1 history and english....unbelievable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

I defo rechecking the scripts, got only 10 points better then my mocks and studied far far far more for the actual LC, so ****ed up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

only 455...

i am so disappointed

I have been getting an As in those subjects for the past 2 yrs, and only end up with B3s..

omg ...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    I defo rechecking the scripts, got only 10 points better then my mocks and studied far far far more for the actual LC, so ****ed up

I got 10 points less than my mocks and I failed Physics on my mocks, extremely pi*sed off!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

ayapatrick wrote: »
    maybe i shud say what i got last year? :D
    got 445 and just waitng to get my maths results this year online!

yes!!! got c2 in higher maths:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

bit disappointed with Geography. for every exam since 5th year I got a B2.
    Then in the real thing I got a C3 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Ok, I was a brave girl and did it. 385 points. B3 in OL maths. B3 in HIGHER LEVEL ENGLISH. I am sooo delighted about my English result, I got 55% in my mocks and I'm not native English speaker. I'm not happy about my french, biology and business. Though, I got into commerce in UCD (Access form). Gosh, I'm still shaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Lucet wrote: »
    Ok, I was a brave girl and did it. 385 points. B3 in OL maths. B3 in HIGHER LEVEL ENGLISH. I am sooo delighted about my English result, I got 55% in my mocks and I'm not native English speaker. I'm not happy about my french, biology and business. Though, I got into commerce in UCD (Access form). Gosh, I'm still shaking.

That's amazing, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

I got 390. Not disappointed or anything, but would have liked to reach the 400 mark. Got an A1 in HL English, which is a class feeling :D Got an A in the JC too, but I honestly wasn't expecting an A1 this time round. Heard on the radio that A's are way down in English this year too.

Disappointed with French. I was delighted with the paper and only got a D2 in HL. :( I'll get that re-checked. Hopefully bring me up a grade or two.

Got a C1 in HL History and B3 in HL Geog. Would have hoped for a higher grade in history but what can ya do! Did terrible in Art (D2 HL) but I knew I ****ed that one up bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Got an E in Maths... Better get Arts in UCD :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

So many people doing well in Honours maths....I just can't "get" maths

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

got 495....yeahy!!!!
    was a bit disappointed with economics....got a b1 and I've never got below an A1.

To the Pub!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

woohoo, got 480!!! only got 365 in the mocks!!
    Got;
    English(H)
    A1
    Accountancy(H)
    A2
    Physics(H)
    B1
    Chemistry(H)
    B1
    Maths(H)
    C2
    French(H)
    D1
    Irish(O)
    B2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Well you all got better than me but i am delighted with 325 :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Larkin501 wrote: »
    bit disappointed with Geography. for every exam since 5th year I got a B2.
    Then in the real thing I got a C3 :pac:

Same thing happened to me two years ago mate:mad:
    To all LC people, don't be too hung up about the results.

They may seem very important now, but two years on, they mean literally
    nothing to me. Interviewers won't really give a damn anyway.

Always more than one way to skin a cat. Plenty of ways around the LC.
    What is important, is what you do from now on. PLC/training or whatever.

I know plenty of people who are doing well in third level after
    finishing post leaving cert courses. Work on your strong points.

Don't dwell over the media bull****, be happy if you did ok, but don't
    dwell too much over them if not. LC is not the be all and end all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jelomulawin

disappointed...only got 370...worried if that is enough for me to do engineering...T_T

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Lucet wrote: »

You should be really, really proud of yourself. That's a fantastic achievement. I have such respect for anyone who can tackle honours leaving cert English as a second language and come out with such an amazing result, well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

ambyangel wrote: »
    I got 320 - I need 430:(:(:(
    I came down like 60 points from the pre's.
    I won't get anything on my CAO.

Maybe you will get one of your level 6/7 choices!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Piste wrote: »
    You should be really, really proud of yourself. That's a fantastic achievement. I have such respect for anyone who can tackle honours leaving cert English as a second language and come out with such an amazing result, well done :)

100% agreed. I hope you get exactly what you want, Lucet. :)
    (And everyone else, of course! :P )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

460, up from 325 in the mocks :D I got...

Irish (h) C1
    English (h) A2 (:O :D:D)
    Maths (dropped to O on the day) A2
    French (h) B1
    Accounting (h) C2
    Chemistry (h) D2 (I'm estatic that I passed! :D)
    Music (h) A1 :cool:

I'm very happy overall :p

Advertisement