Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Results 2009

Options
  • 14-01-2009 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Ok, I've searched the internet but I can't seem to find the date that the 2009 Leaving Cert results are released. Has this date been announced yet? If so, what is it? Thanks in advance, I'm trying to plan my Summer holidays!

Comments

-ME- wrote: »
    Ok, I've searched the internet but I can't seem to find the date that the 2009 Leaving Cert results are released. Has this date been announced yet? If so, what is it? Thanks in advance, I'm trying to plan my Summer holidays!

Wednesday the 12th of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Wednesday the 12th of August.

Yep, and if you're applying to the CAO, you'll need to be around from the 17th because if you get a place in whatever course, they send the confirmation thingy to your house by post and you need to have it back to them within 5 days or something, or you lose your place :(

So plan your holidays before the 12th!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

The CAO is easily done online. All you do is just click the accept button to get your course. You can do this easily at an internet cafe as long as you've got your details saved in your email account or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

...Yeah, but watch out on that front too.
    You might want to be around to sort out stuff like... somewhere to live for college etc.
    Also, if you want to view your scripts you have to be around on certain days.
    Know a few girls who couldn't view their scripts when they were sent back to the school last year as they were on hols, so it's a big risk if you want to get stuff rechecked or w/e without looking at the exams.

I actually would suggest heading on your holidays BEFORE the 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

bythewoods wrote: »
    Know a few girls who couldn't view their scripts when they were sent back to the school last year as they were on hols, so it's a big risk if you want to get stuff rechecked or w/e without looking at the exams.
    I was at Electric Picnic last year. The EXACT weekend of the script viewings. I shall never know exactly what I got in my exams, now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭The-Ry-Man06

Im going away to aya napa from 8th to 23rd and ur all scaring the ****e out of me what am i going to miss will i be able to do everything online???? Is the date for the actual script viewing different with each school or on some particular day???
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

The script viewing generally takes place over a weekend at the end of August. Your school is likely to choose a day out of this weekend when you can view your scripts, (think mine was the Saturday), though I'm guessing with a really big school maybe it's longer or something, I'm not too sure.

With those dates it doesn't look likely that you'll miss the script viewing, you'll miss the results though, so you'll have to do it online. You don't really miss out on much... the anticipation of opening the envelope etc., seeing all your classmates etc., maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭The-Ry-Man06

Ah right thats great then. I dont really mind the whole opening of the envelope coz all my friends wil be in aya napa too. Cheers for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Im going to be on holidays in Canada when the results are released. So it seems I will be hovering around examinations.ie waiting for results to be uploaded.

Does anyone know generally about what time they upload the results at? I have heard from a few people that it is generally at about 6am.

I will be back on the day the first round offers are released for the CAO. Although I will be doing that online anyway so it doesn't really affect me to much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭hello_there_jim

whats the scripts?
    do u get to see what you got wrong?
    and what percentage you got?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

whats the scripts?
    do u get to see what you got wrong?
    and what percentage you got?

The scripts are the actual exam booklets you wrote into.
    They're sent back to the school after the results and you can go in and have a look at them.

A lot of people check them to see if there were any mistakes made in the corrections, especially if they got lower in a subject than they thought they would.
    If you want to send them off to be rechecked it's best to look at your script, just in case you barely scraped the grade as it is.

I looked at all of mine last year, mostly just out of curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

The scripts are the papers you write in the exams. Ie. the answer books.
    You can organize with your school after the exams to see what ever papers you want, but after that date they will be destroyed so you only get one chance!
    It's to see where you went down or up on marks, and after viewing them you can decide whether you want them re checked or not. You are also allowed to bring a teacher in with you or parent who can help you make up your decision.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

does any1 no 4 def the date the results are ou? is it the 12th or the 19th?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

says the 12th on www.examinations.ie . I'd say they are right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

AFAIK it's the 12th the actual results are out, and then the Monday after college places are offered and such :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ah crap I lost my password thing... is there any way to re-get it or wil I have to go up to my school for my results now?

Curse them for giving it to me on the day of my History exam, I was too flustered after that to do anything except wander home!

As far as I know your password cannot be re-issued if you lose it. It's better to go into the school anyway, you get your results 3 hours earlier that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

phasers wrote: »
    Ah crap I lost my password thing... is there any way to re-get it or wil I have to go up to my school for my results now?

Curse them for giving it to me on the day of my History exam, I was too flustered after that to do anything except wander home!

Looks like you'll have to re-sit the leaving... :P

What time does the schools get the results? I think it's something like 7am but not sure. If that's the case, I'll be there at 6:30am- No, I'll camp out the night before. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

As far as I know your password cannot be re-issued if you lose it. It's better to go into the school anyway, you get your results 3 hours earlier that way.
    That's true I guess, I just really really dislike the majority of my former peers... And I hate the smug knowing look the principal has when she gives out results

:mad::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

is it wrong to hope for some people in your school to fail or not get enough points? Because there's a group of people in my school who were very smug and 'in your face'. The main reason I want to go to school to collect my results is to possibly see them fail :pac:

Might see a change in their stupid faces then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

bythewoods wrote: »
    The scripts are the actual exam booklets you wrote into.
    They're sent back to the school after the results and you can go in and have a look at them.

A lot of people check them to see if there were any mistakes made in the corrections, especially if they got lower in a subject than they thought they would.
    If you want to send them off to be rechecked it's best to look at your script, just in case you barely scraped the grade as it is.

I looked at all of mine last year, mostly just out of curiosity.

I'd always presumed that this was something you paid for. Is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Nope. It's free to look at your scripts. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

phasers wrote: »
    That's true I guess, I just really really dislike the majority of my former peers... And I hate the smug knowing look the principal has when she gives out results

:mad::pac:
    did ya repeat? i failed maths last year. it was annoyin, she started bull****tin sayin i think ya might have failed and such. really had me hopin that i might have passed.
    def passed this year though:D
    Larkin501 wrote: »
    is it wrong to hope for some people in your school to fail or not get enough points? Because there's a group of people in my school who were very smug and 'in your face'. The main reason I want to go to school to collect my results is to possibly see them fail :pac:

Might see a change in their stupid faces then

not really tbh. seen people crying last year(these were sound tho) so it would be nice to see the smug ones fek up!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

A Neurotic wrote: »

make sure if ya want to look at them that you fill in the forms not too long after results. i was meant ta look last year at them but left it last minute and was chattin one a the lads and missed the deadline! nearly missed the recheck as well by about 10 minutes before the post went out!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Im going away to aya napa from 8th to 23rd and ur all scaring the ****e out of me what am i going to miss will i be able to do everything online???? Is the date for the actual script viewing different with each school or on some particular day???
    :confused:

You can do it all online mate. I know that you'll miss opening results with mates and your year but if you're not here you're not here. Can't be helped.

AFAIK 12pm is the time the results are available to view online. Just make sure you've got your log in details etc with you on holiday otherwise you'll be racking your brains wondering what you got.

Best of luck all of you.

ayapatrick wrote: »

not really tbh. seen people crying last year(these were sound tho) so it would be nice to see the smug ones fek up!

It's not really all that nice wishing failure upon others. Fair enough if you don't like the person in particular but you should at least show some admiration that they put the work in and got what they wanted out of their school time.

I know I didn't like a few people in my year because I felt that like they were really obsessing over the LC and I felt like they were too high and mighty for their own good but they did well and I congratulated them because they deserve it for their hard work.

Still dislike them though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

I'll be soo scared to look at them, I think I will look at results when I get the offer from CAO :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JackHearts

Does anyone know for sure what date the script viewing is and how you register for it? You'd think it would have to be before the college offers in case your marking was messed up.

JackHearts wrote: »
    Does anyone know for sure what date the script viewing is and how you register for it? You'd think it would have to be before the college offers in case your marking was messed up.

I think it generally falls around the weekend that Electric Picnic is on. I'm not too sure though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Nope the date is the end of August/start of September. The offers come out and then you accpet, if you decide to re-check and you go up enough points to get a higher course the college sometimes offer you a place for that year, or if it's full they may offer you a place in next years course.

Advertisement