Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ DTT Tests: Mullaghanish

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Denethor

Just installed a LG 42PQ2000 and the Digital tests are coming through here in Tralee, there seems to be a lip sync problem with RTE 1 its only slight just noticed it on the 9 o'clock news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Denethor wrote: »
    Just installed a LG 42PQ2000 and the Digital tests are coming through here in Tralee, there seems to be a lip sync problem with RTE 1 its only slight just noticed it on the 9 o'clock news

Mullaganish DTT tests down since last night ( all tv & radio ). Are other regions still on ? First time in a long long time that Mullaganish DTT has been completely switched off . :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

All channels OK this morning from 3Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

Confirm Mullaganish down since last night. Spur Hill OK.Maybe to do with changing TXs to the new mast.(speculation).
    I should have an answer tomorrow.

galtee boy wrote: »
    Mullaganish DTT tests down since last night ( all tv & radio ). Are other regions still on ? First time in a long long time that Mullaganish DTT has been completely switched off . :confused:

Feck it, was planning on getting the DTT sorted on the Windows 7 Media Center today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

any update RIPPY?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Denethor wrote: »

Hey, I just got this TV, can I recieve DTV with it, I'm in limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

TheDriver wrote: »
    any update RIPPY?

Mullaghanish is still down for me in Kerry!

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Hey, I just got this TV, can I recieve DTV with it, I'm in limerick.

the TV is certainly capable of getting the DTT tests, it tuned in the Digital channels straight away for me no hassle with aerials etc.

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Mullaghanish is still down for me in Kerry!

same here, nothing here in Tralee, no digital for the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭tipperary

Hi all

Just for info, I am getting digital from Mullaghanish in Crosshaven (coutesty of Rippy!). I did have to do a retune last week though.

tipperary wrote: »
    Hi all

Just for info, I am getting digital from Mullaghanish in Crosshaven (coutesty of Rippy!). I did have to do a retune last week though.

I could be wrong, but I suspect your getting digital from Spur Hill and not Mullaganish, as CH21 from Mullaganish has been and still is off air since midweek.

TheDriver wrote: »
    any update RIPPY?

Sorry folks, the man who was supposed to get back to me never did......
    really think it is to do with swapping to the new mast though.
    All the rain would not be helping.

RTE NL = secret squirrels!

tipperary wrote: »
    Hi all

you may just about be getting Spur Hill on ch45 where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

Rippy wrote: »
    Sorry folks, the man who was supposed to get back to me never did......
    really think it is to do with swapping to the new mast though.
    All the rain would not be helping.

RTE NL = secret squirrels!

Hi Rippy,

New mast has nothing to do with DTT being off air for prolonged periods. The new mast isn't going to be live until next Spring at the earliest. There are occasions when services have needed power reductions but it hasn't been necessary to completely switch off any service yet.

The DTT test excuse is most likely. They don't want people relying on it as their main source just yet.

More Music wrote: »
    Hi Rippy,

New mast has nothing to do with DTT being off air for prolonged periods. The new mast isn't going to be live until next Spring at the earliest. There are occasions when services have needed power reductions but it hasn't been necessary to completely switch off any service yet.

The DTT test excuse is most likely. They don't want people relying on it as their main source just yet.

Thanks , you are probaly right about mast switching, is too soon, it was speculation, as I pointed out.

I did ask a RTE NL representative at a trade meeting whether there was any policy to deliberately interrupt the tests to stop people relying on them as a de facto full service, he denied it.

Received info. this morning that outage is due to a cooling issue.
    New cooling system being installed this week , this be operational by Friday.:D

Thanks Rippy, will be nice to have it back.:D

that must be some cooling system. In fairness to RTE, they seem to be letting it run for us when they can!

Rippy, any update on this ? still no DTT from Mullaganish (heading for two weeks off air soon ).I know it's been a bad week, weather wise, so I suppose that didn't help. :(

• Advertisement

Mullaghanish DTT back today, albeit without TG4 ( test card ) and Radio Na Gaeltachta silent also. There will be further interuptions to DTT from Mullaghanish between 16th and 30th November, due to ongoing mast work. This information has come from RTE NL, who I must say are very good to reply to emails etc and I do think they realise that a lot of people are watching the DTT pictures, but their hands are tied, as regards to a proper launch of the service.

Mullaghanish is also back for me, RNAG, TG4 and Lyric are off air though. My signal is being interfered with by wind turbines though (and is pixalated and unwatchable) so I hope they get the new higher mast up and increase output power soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 fuzionzone

Hi, I lost DTT reception in Tralee on Ch21 back in late September.
    I understand that Mullaghanish was broadcasting on low power thereafter.
    The I undersand the DTT transmitter was down due to cooling issues.
    Late november & I'm still getting no DTT signal in Tralee from Mullaghanish.
    Can anyone confirm if its still broadcasting DTT on low power ? Regards,FZ

fuzionzone wrote: »

My TV detected new channels the other day and retuned itself automatcially, maybe try a retune.

Since last Friday, "full service" as in the four tv channels plus test card and the four radio stations has been restored from Mullaghanish. All I can tell you, is that the signal strength bar on my tv had been reading approx 7 out of 10, but since last Friday, it's back to 10 out of 10 and I'm approx 50 miles from Mullaghanish as the crow flies and was getting perfect reception even at 7 out of 10. As previously said, try rescan DTT on your tv or box again. I don't see why you shouldn't get perfect reception.

same here, all back grand and strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

Was able only to pick signal intermittently before the cooling upgrade mostly in the mornings :confused: now getting all channels perfect , Test channel says is in HD :confused: in Abbeyfeale area.

Two more mux's fired up today from Mullaghanish, channels 24 and 25. Getting 10 out of 10 signal strength and quality, but no audio or video being transmitted as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

15 services now on Ch21 from Mulla (dito for Ch45 from Spur)

Additional radio services have been added
    2XF
    Radio 1 extra
    rte pulse
    rte gold
    rte junior
    and some others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

hi i get a slightly snowy picture on my uhf tv3 picture and poor vhf rte1 and 2from mullaghanish. how good a picture will i get from dtt when it launches. my arial pionts through some trees also. im 30 miles from the site.

Advertisement