Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mess

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Ive adopted murray mints as a new study foodstuff. Though it's not the best on an empty stomach :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Thanks guys.
    Exams went really well so far, finishing off the bulk of them in the morning with an anatomy viva and then I have a three week break until my OSCE.
    Such a relief to have most of them finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Thanks guys.
    Exams went really well so far, finishing off the bulk of them in the morning with an anatomy viva and then I have a three week break until my OSCE.
    Such a relief to have most of them finished.

Hi folks,

I know you want to let off steam about how exams went and so on, but this is 'The Mess', for off-topic banter.

Can I suggest you start another thread in Health Science Edcation for posts like these?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I have an OSCE in the morning and the most horrible sounding, hacking cough. It's going to be so hard to take a history, when I get a coughing fit I can barely talk. Let's hope the cough medicine works and I manage to hold it all in until after the exam!

I only mention it here because I'm sure someone will empathise with the horror of being sick during an OSCE :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Piste wrote: »
    I have an OSCE in the morning and the most horrible sounding, hacking cough. It's going to be so hard to take a history, when I get a coughing fit I can barely talk. Let's hope the cough medicine works and I manage to hold it all in until after the exam!

I only mention it here because I'm sure someone will empathise with the horror of being sick during an OSCE :(
    Hope you're feeling better (the same thing happened to me, I sounded like there was a cat in my throat).

Anyone with any tips on passing the driving test in Cork, please do share.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Anyone with any tips on passing the driving test in Cork, please do share.:)

Do you know which route you're being taken? If it's the Blackrock/Mahon route, just make certain when you're going up the hill that you're in 3rd the whole way up, and that you give way (if possible) to any cars coming down. Also there's a really badly marked 'STOP' sign and line at the top of the hill, so remember to come to a full stop there for as long as necessary. A friends a driving instructor down there so if you've questions on any other routes, sure let me know! Good Luck :)

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Do you know which route you're being taken? If it's the Blackrock/Mahon route, just make certain when you're going up the hill that you're in 3rd the whole way up, and that you give way (if possible) to any cars coming down. Also there's a really badly marked 'STOP' sign and line at the top of the hill, so remember to come to a full stop there for as long as necessary. A friends a driving instructor down there so if you've questions on any other routes, sure let me know! Good Luck :)
    Thanks, it's Wilton I'm doing it in. Very frightened, not ready and only a few weeks to go!

One minute I'm good and the next I'm like a complete beginner all over again.

How did the interviews go?

Thanks, it's Wilton I'm doing it in. Very frightened, not ready and only a few weeks to go!

One minute I'm good and the next I'm like a complete beginner all over again.

How did the interviews go?

I'm shortlisted for UCC and waiting to hear back for UCD, all the nice lady in Cork would tell me is 'you're high on the shortlist but I can't say where but less than 7 possibly less than 5...' made me snort over the phone that :D

I'll get on to herself so and find out about Wilton, and seriously worry not! they passed me despite the fact I thought my outside voice was my inside voice and threatened to mow down a little boy who kept jumping on and off the curb I was trying to reverse around (it was during the morning school run :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Hi folks,

I know you want to let off steam about how exams went and so on, but this is 'The Mess', for off-topic banter.

Can I suggest you start another thread in Health Science Edcation for posts like these?

Thanks.

Could there maybe be a "how ya getting on?" thread stickied in there then?

Larianne wrote: »
    Could there maybe be a "how ya getting on?" thread stickied in there then?

You start it, I'll sticky it, and we'll see how it goes from there. If it's not getting used I'll un-sticky it and let it sink into the mists of obscurity.

(Pop a link up here when you've done it)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Can i discuss my delicious cup of coffee and peanut caramel slice here? :)

Tree wrote: »
    Can i discuss my delicious cup of coffee and peanut caramel slice here? :)

Absolutely!

It was awesome :)

peanut caramel slice here? :)

There are peanut caramel slices???? Where would one procure such a delicacy?? *drools*

I got mine in the cafe attached to the gym on the greenhills road.

I got mine in the cafe attached to the gym on the greenhills road.

so because it's attached to a gym it means all the food in it is calorie and fat free???*

**leaves hopeful dreams forum and attempts reentry to world of science facts*

Any other students bored this summer?

Yup yup.
    Went to barcelona there for a few days which managed to keep me occupied but now I don't know what to do with myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

make the most of it, as ye'll be working plenty summers

(god, i sound just like my father used to when i was a young wan!)

Yup yup.
    Went to barcelona there for a few days which managed to keep me occupied but now I don't know what to do with myself.

BEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

sam34 wrote: »
    make the most of it, as ye'll be working plenty summers

The thing is I actually want to work this summer, but nobody will have me. :(
    Playing loads of gigs with the band, giving a few guitar lessons. Just about enough to finance nights out.
    Ugh, beer is rotten, apart from the Gingerman wheat beer.

I wanted to work too but all I have got is part time bar work. Still. It's better than nothing.

I wanted to work too but all I have got is part time bar work. Still. It's better than nothing.
    I'm minding babies part time.

Very happy to have work, and they're nice little people!

Ai. I actually can't wait to get back to college. Leitrim is a bit dull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ragalag

just a quick question for all the medical heads on this thread...

So I'm just finished 1st med...have a job in a BORING cinema for the summer..
    and I was just wondering...What kind of hospital jobs can you do say after 2nd med...as a summer job...we'll have completed some clinical skills modules by then...

I heard before about someone getting a job taking bloods in a hospital...is this correct and are there any other jobs you could look for?...:confused:
    It's just that everyone in my class seems to have some job or other either shadowing GPs, in hospitals or hospital labs, or doing research projects..all great for the CV and great experience in the medical world..which makes me very jealous..:mad:

None of my close relatives are doctors so I don't have any 'connections' so to speak..

Thanks in advance!!!

ragalag wrote: »
    just a quick question for all the medical heads on this thread...

So I'm just finished 1st med...have a job in a BORING cinema for the summer..
    and I was just wondering...What kind of hospital jobs can you do say after 2nd med...as a summer job...we'll have completed some clinical skills modules by then...

I heard before about someone getting a job taking bloods in a hospital...is this correct and are there any other jobs you could look for?...:confused:
    It's just that everyone in my class seems to have some job or other either shadowing GPs, in hospitals or hospital labs, or doing research projects..all great for the CV and great experience in the medical world..which makes me very jealous..:mad:

None of my close relatives are doctors so I don't have any 'connections' so to speak..

Thanks in advance!!!

I applied to my local hospital (Mayo General).
    Recieved a letter from them yesterday saying that they were not taking on students this year. :(
    TBH, a 2nd med taking bloods sounds unlikely, but there is one girl in my class going over to malaysia to perform circumcisions for the summer. How delightful.

Anyone reckon beers are in order?

I was just thinking the same earlier today! Yes and soon, while we still have a possibility of beer garden sunshine goodness:D

Larianne wrote: »
    Jessibelle wrote: »
    I was just thinking the same earlier today! Yes and soon, while we still have a possibility of beer garden sunshine goodness:D

Emm...I posted that ages ago? :rolleyes:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

I think a beers is deffo in order, its been ages since we had one tbh.

Want me to stick up a thread etc? Easiest way is to pick a date, and then sort a venue etc by voting and that.

Advertisement