Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPC on tv?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭theGIANT

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Its back on at 12.30 on RTE 2 tonight. Its only 30mins long this week .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Its back on at 12.30 on RTE 2 tonight. Its only 30mins short this week .

FYP Ciaran.

FYP Ciaran.

mmm seems my sky plus has been lying to me ! Its running for over 30 mins . One of the better shows this week too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

Channing doesn't seem to appreciate the eagles game

• Advertisement

nicnicnic wrote: »

Roy the boy got a savaging too. I think Channings analysis is top class

Roy the boy got a savaging too. I think Channings analysis is top class

agree re Channing, I like him commenting, Didn't Scott bust Roy on that table with A royal flush ?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

The call with 73o was the stuff of champions imo :rolleyes:

agree re Channing, I like him commenting, Didn't Scott bust Roy on that table with A royal flush ?

Yeah he did didnt he. Why didnt they show that? Its obviously not going to be show now as its a different line up every week.

Maybe it will be on of the bonus features on the DVD .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

Eagles game across very poorly as do alot of these players every week. Have to say I thought Brindleys play with the Q9 was the worst of the lot. Agree on Channing though - excellent commentary.

• Advertisement

Yeah he did didnt he. Why didnt they show that? Its obviously not going to be show now as its a different line up every week.

yeah very strange that hand didn't make the cut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭LTL

This weeks episode being repeated again? Anyone know if it's on the RTE website like the last one?

LTL wrote: »
    This weeks episode being repeated again? Anyone know if it's on the RTE website like the last one?

be up tomorrow id imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

watched a few minutes b4 i had to switch. some guy raises AK fine this eagle guy makes a ninja call with k5dd in sb bb calls a7dd. when flop comes k high and eagle raises AKs cbet jesse may said he should have raised him preflop to find out where he was. jesus how his he so ridic bad and he has been commentating on at least some decent players for a considerable amount of time. thnk good channing said it was a pretty standard preflop fold or else my head would have asploded. I have come to the conclusion that almost every poker player in ireland is busto,close to butso or ridic bad apart from 3% who are just nits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

watched a few minutes b4 i had to switch. some guy raises AK fine this eagle guy makes a ninja call with k5dd in sb bb calls a7dd. when flop comes k high and eagle raises AKs cbet jesse may said he should have raised him preflop to find out where he was. jesus how his he so ridic bad and he has been commentating on at least some decent players for a considerable amount of time. thnk good channing said it was a pretty standard preflop fold or else my head would have asploded. I have come to the conclusion that almost every poker player in ireland busto,close to butso ridic bad apart from 3% who are just nits

That hand nearly had me laughing. The play was just so bad. The flat call preflop and the big raise to 15k and the instafold to Brindleys shove for 22k more. I believe they call that a raise for information. He was probably happy with how he played it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭DrJFF

yeah the eagle played shockingly imo, that hand with the 73 was stupid cos he played it as if he had like pocket 88's or something like that,
    i've no problem if he calls pre wit 73 if he is willing to make plays on every flop but the reason it sucked super bad was cos parker was short stacked

the hand wer he called wit the K5dd was laughable for reasons already said

didn't brindley play well?:D snap call i've an open-ended straight(obv he's putting in half his stack and is folding cos i'm roy the boy:p)

channings commentary was good, jesse was jesse(cluelessly hilarious)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

DrJFF wrote: »
    i've no problem if he calls pre wit 73 if he is willing to make plays on every flop
    im not aware of stack sizes etc but calling with 73 pre is beyond terribad and doing so on the premise that you are going to raise/bet/float every flop regardless of villians range/flop texture is ridic terribad and a losing play and -ev.
    to summarise calling with 73 is bad unless of course your durrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭baz2007

That eddie guy is beyond brutal. Played on same table as him in s.e a few times and that last night just proved what I thought.he is ready 2 call raises with k5 or 73 hoping 2 smack it straight in the face or hit his king and think he's good.then if he misses just give it up spewtard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

is there any where online where i could watch this?
    i have not seen any of it so any footage would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Gholimoli wrote: »
    is there any where online where i could watch this?
    i have not seen any of it so any footage would do.

Gholi, just look further up this thread for the link....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

This week's one doesn't seem to be up online yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭SIDESHOW BOBs

i'm thinking of starting an i have been eddie the eagled group on facebook

quite a few from ipc wil be queing up to join IMO

myself adrian walsh particularily sick , E T E raises ades blind with k2 , interesting betsize of 10 bbs, ade defends by shoving all in with AA for about another 6 bb, **** says ETE have to call and meekly tables aforementioned K2 , only to runner runner 2 pair on a missed flop , classic :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

myself adrian walsh particularily sick , E T E raises ades blind with k2 , interesting betsize of 10 bbs, ade defends by shoving all in with AA for about another 6 bb, **** says ETE have to call and meekly tables aforementioned K2 , only to runner runner 2 pair on a missed flop , classic :eek::eek:

Standard Stuff from ETE .... who it has to be said is a fierce nice bloke .... ETE is the notional 20% in the hands....if you get involved in pots with ETE then you need to know the potential damage that may ensue. He's like VAT, unless you get paid he can damage cashflow.

In fairness if he hits you should know it soon enough, and get away from it.....he rarely bluffs, or shows agression post flop unless he is looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

whats eddie the eagles real name? his surname like?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Culchie wrote: »
    he rarely bluffs, or shows agression post flop unless he is looking good.

I beg to differ....

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

Yep that sounds about right...he once said to me, and I quote, "if you're ever in a hand against me and there's a K on the flop, beware...I always play K rag...it always hits" :D

He is a nice guy and has his own style (don't think anyone can deny that!) but it's quite funny to hear his rational after he has just dogged you in a hand, which I have been on the end of on more than one occasion I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

You do have to admire his commitment to the K rag alot of people play A rag like its the nuts but not Eddie K rag will do for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

he once explained to me that a pair was the worst hand to start with in nlh. I asked him why and he said "look at the chart of hand ranking, a pair is right down the bottom, useless really , i rarely play them."

also after I coolered him with AA vs KK for a smallish pot once he explained how he would rather have his hand(KK) against my hand any day. "If I had KK vs AA 100 times in a row Id be happier than the other way"

"why eddie?"

"well id be able to get away from it say 30 times out of the hundred and out of the other 70, i'd win 30. So its a more profitable situation for me."

He is a very nice guy to be fair but shocking player. Great fun at a table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

cheers..different eddie than who i was thinking about

Advertisement