Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPC on tv?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Theeglinton

For anyone thats interested we're showing the IPC in the club and having a €50 freezout reg free from 10.30pm. Should be good craic and beats having to watch it at home with the "better half" or the folks. You wont have to wrestle for the remote or have to spend half an hour explaining how the big and small blind work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

For anyone thats interested we're showing the IPC in the club and having a €50 freezout reg free from 10.30pm. Should be good craic and beats having to watch it at home with the "better half" or the folks. You wont have to wrestle for the remote or have to spend half an hour explaining how the big and small blind work :D

They'll explain that in the coverage;)

Very true and it will no doubt be excellent commentary ! altho some of the lads in the club here maintain I still don't understand or would be able to explain the blinds :rolleyes:

Dave C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

Very true and it will no doubt be excellent commentary ! altho some of the lads in the club here maintain I still don't understand or would be able to explain the blinds :rolleyes:

Dave C

:confused: wasn't Fintan doing the early commentary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Just set it to record. Didint realise it was on so soon.

Must get the popcorn in tomorrow!

• Advertisement

nicnicnic wrote: »
    :confused: wasn't Fintan doing the early commentary

lol , yeah best watch it with the sound turned down so !:p should be even better craic in the club so we can critique his commentary in person ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

karlh wrote: »
    No, it wasn't mentioned in commentary on the feature table AFAIK and Laura Wood's links certainly don't mention it.

this is really unacceptable though no doubt the sponsors and poker industry would go nuts
    karlh wrote: »
    I think there's a killer documentary to be made :)

definitely. "the smartest guy(s) in the room?"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

london wrote: »
    DON'T BE SO F.....G STUPID, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT HE IS GUILTY
    dont be so ****in stupid, you dont even know who he's talking about, there was no name mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭HighFinance

Here's an interview with Rory Rees Brennan conducted just after his victory for anyone interested:

http://europe.cardplayer.com/poker-news/article/tournament-trail-q-and-a-rory-rees-brennan

b.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Should make for good viewing if they show any bloody cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

paul marrows balls must be dragging off the floor

I laughed so hard at the look on Kennas face, stupid for him to fire the river as Paul played it like a set

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

lol kenna poor man, i was dying for a pi*s, but just couldnt leave OMG :eek: how do you fire and not call! do agree never should fire that river & his balls are made of steel!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭VI_BEAR

yeah wot a play.............wanna be jamie gold, best bluffer ever........seems too float lots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

u got to love marrow

i would have bluffed that river too, i think anyone would did you see her never seen anyone so scared to make a bet before! Although if i was sittin in her sit i prob would convince myself that there's no way he's pullin a monster bluff this time, so soon after the hand with james!! Would anyone like to 3bet that hand preflop in this event??? i def would given the villan in the hand!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

pretty painful to watch..that marrow guy just seems like he's doing to show bluffs for tv.. especially when he was against that chick and the board was like kk7jx or something and she folds 1010 on the river to his bet..he gives her the look "so.. you didnt have a king then..*space*..neither did i" and throws over 72 heroically.. i switched off the tv then

didnt he like min raise the river in the hand against cowboy hat guy?

cuterob wrote: »
    pretty painful to watch..that marrow guy just seems like he's doing to show bluffs for tv.. especially when he was against that chick and the board was like kk7jx or something and she folds 1010 on the river to his bet..he gives her the look "so.. you didnt have a king then..*space*..neither did i" and throws over 72 heroically.. i switched off the tv then

of course you turned it off that was the last hand of the show it was over! ;)

No i dont think he min raised i think it was like just over min raised it but it was like 6K would have left James with like 3k going into the 50-100 level!

Remember that buck Brad Booth like moved in on a shi*y board with like 34o against ivey's KK's and the reson he claimed to do was so that people who see it and are in a hand would call him down lighter, and get him more action in the future! i think this buck was doing something the same! although he had some suck hand reading skills

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

He's got his own views on poker but he's certainly good entertainment. His line against Kenna was the standard Irish pub donk one of "You bet? OK then I raise" (as bops pointed out to me at the CPT before it even happened!).

Still, gotta love a guy who got a certain top Irish tournament player to fold KK preflop holding K5o a few years ago :D

doke wrote: »
    He's got his own views on poker but he's certainly good entertainment. His line against Kenna was the standard Irish pub donk one of "You bet? OK then I raise" (as bops pointed out to me at the CPT before it even happened!).

Still, gotta love a guy who got a certain top Irish tournament player to fold KK preflop holding K5o a few years ago :D

yea thats what i was thinking..very irish pub standard play by him..i couldn't figure out if he was good and had theory behind it or just 'i might be able to get him off it'.. anyhow it doesn't matter

the state of laura woods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

the state of laura woods
    Ruff is the most polite word I could think of.

the state of laura woods
    newbie2 wrote: »
    Ruff is the most polite word I could think of.

Please post pic's of current girlfriends, or these two statements are def check fold quality!!:rolleyes:

ha who posts pics of their girlfriends on an open forum?

the ruff state of laura woods.. better twang to it alright

ha who posts pics of their girlfriends on an open forum?

the ruff state of laura woods.. better twang to it alright

ok then forget your girl-friend throw up a pic of yourself, i mean with a handle like cute rob your very sure of yourself, we'll get somebody to decide whether or not you should use that online name (maybe will get nicnicnic and flipper they seem to be close this wether ;))

This is so funny every poker player on 2+2 and here must be banging super models every night and 100's off girls blowing up there phone to be with them cause some off the threads i have read on here are SO f**kin funny!:pac:

Now don't get me wrong I'm as ugly as sin! I mean I'm that bad looking hookers wont even do me!! :D But can we not treat people on how they act and carry themselves please for one thread at least!;)

Ps if Laura woods (or any lady for that fact) said hello to me i'd prob piss my pants and run away!:P

pgodkin wrote: »
    ok then forget your girl-friend throw up a pic of yourself, i mean with a handle like cute rob your very sure of yourself, we'll get somebody to decide whether or not you should use that online name (maybe will get nicnicnic and flipper they seem to be close this wether ;))

This is so funny every poker player on 2+2 and here must be banging super models every night and 100's off girls blowing up there phone to be with them cause some off the threads i have read on here are SO f**kin funny!:pac:

Now don't get me wrong I'm as ugly as sin! I mean I'm that bad looking hookers wont even do me!! :D But can we not treat people on how they act and carry themselves please for one thread at least!;)

Ps if Laura woods (or any lady for that fact) said hello to me i'd prob piss my pants and run away!:P

the 'cute' in cuterob is nothing to do with my looks..i used to play a mixed cash game every saturday with people about 50 years my senior and they used to call me cute rob cause i bet them pretty bad in the game and i'd be pretty much silent the whole way through..some called me a cute wh.ore which was a slight abbreviation to say the least

and what does it matter about our looks or girlfriends? my girlfriend is pretty hot..so my standards have gone up and i've become shallow? so? who cares? it doesn't matter

she comes across as sound enough young one! i think she's one of the better presenters on RTE, could u imgiane Gerry Ryan doin this???

pgodkin wrote: »
    she comes across as sound enough young one! i think she's one of the better presenters on RTE, could u imgiane Gerry Ryan doin this???

Laura Woods is a fugly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ferdyfish

shes mint man. easy 8 out of ten . i give her 9.5 though!! whos better than her in rte. the rest of them are mogs:eek: cans before pub watching winning streak and id have d horn on. lauras a fox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 pogmotoe

if i had to give her marks out of two id give her one!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ferdyfish

pogmotoe wrote: »
    if i had to give her marks out of two id give her one!!!

lol and one for the road, shes do 4 a poke if the ipc on the telly was a joke. the new PAD episode 38 is gas mike is off his game never shuts up

Advertisement