Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPC on tv?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

Where can i get some dvd's of the show? Boyles need a few copies and none of us seem to be able to download it off the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

a147pro wrote: »
    does anyone else really dislike Jesse May's commentary?.
    I was a big fan of Jesse when i started watching 'Poker After Dark' on C4. in fact, it was a major draw for me. Now I'm just sick of him TBH. The Irish dude on the EPT was ok. I was vaguely amused by him sometimes - just because he used to comment on nice looking ladies in the background. He knew a little about poker, but meh, who doesn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Where can i get some dvd's of the show? Boyles need a few copies and none of us seem to be able to download it off the telly.

Paul,if you go to the rte website
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/other/audiovideo_index.html

you can record the show on real player and burn a copy.
    A bit around the houses and there's obv only one show up atm,but I'm guessing the're aren't many other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Flipz4Rollz

Anyone see that guy's check-minraise bluff against kenna james who had a flush:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Anyone see that guy's check-minraise bluff against kenna james who had a flush:eek::eek::eek:

no, what was that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Flipz4Rollz

no, what was that?

Halfway through the first ep ,Board was like 892KK and James made flush on turn with like 8k in the pot. When river came another K the guy checked and James v.Bet 3.1k and the min-raised to 6.2k. James went into the tank and eventully folded, The guy turned over J4 off:eek::eek::eek:

Don't know his name but his nickname is DiceMan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Halfway through the first ep ,Board was like 892KK and James made flush on turn with like 8k in the pot. When river came another K the guy checked and James v.Bet 3.1k and the min-raised to 6.2k. James went into the tank and eventully folded, The guy turned over J4 off:eek::eek::eek:

That sound's pretty sick, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned already!!

wow, sick.
    AdMMM wrote: »
    That sound's pretty sick, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned already!!

yeah, surprised it wasnt mentioned also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

newbie2 wrote: »
    I was a big fan of Jesse when i started watching 'Poker After Dark' on C4. in fact, it was a major draw for me. Now I'm just sick of him TBH. The Irish dude on the EPT was ok. I was vaguely amused by him sometimes - just because he used to comment on nice looking ladies in the background. He knew a little about poker, but meh, who doesn't?

How anyone could confuse Poker after Dark with Late Night Poker is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

ah there both nocturnal Richie

for some reason a large % of the posts in this thread have tilted/annoyed more then any other thread since I started posting here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Yeah I saw that. Diceman is lucky he wasn't up against me, I would have called him down pronto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Enzo Scifo

So does this guy with the dice play on late night poker or poker after dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I would like to know how the people responsible for the production of this got my mobile no. Did anyone else get a spammy text reminder that this was on tonight?

EDIT from a UK number

I would like to know how the people responsible for the production of this got my mobile no. Did anyone else get a spammy text reminder that this was on tonight?

EDIT from a UK number

chill dude its a txt, prolly pokerevents database

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

yeah i got one too - reckon it must be poker events database. deffo not tv company anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

The guy's name is Paul Marrow, He is a Pro poker player from liverpool, he is a very good friend of Paul Smallwood's and also mine . He is a very good hold'em player
    and also a very nice gentleman. If you ever meet him you will see what im talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 DPL

it should be good!

Great line up on the feature table

omg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Rattled77

what a raise

wp tom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

omg

some shocking stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Am I cracking up or did I miss something, Parkinson raised with AQ and got re-raised by KK, Chritie folds 10's and then it went straight to a new hand with Develfish holding AJ :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Lao Lao wrote: »
    Am I cracking up or did I miss something, Parkinson raised with AQ and got re-raised by KK, Chritie folds 10's and then it went straight to a new hand with Develfish holding AJ :confused::confused:

Yeah it happened like that , obviously a terrible bit of editing.

thought something was odd there, phone rang and thought i'd missed the hand

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

DAMO72 wrote: »
    The guy's name is Paul Marrow, He is a Pro poker player from liverpool, he is a very good friend of Paul Smallwood's and also mine . He is a very good hold'em player
    and also a very nice gentleman. If you ever meet him you will see what im talking about.

Comes across as an awful Hold Em Player and a bit of a dope in the coverage, bad editing though im sure.

lol

Devilfish "whats french for calling station"

french guy " devilfish"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

nicnicnic wrote: »
    lol

Devilfish "whats french for calling station"

french guy " devilfish"

:D:D:D:D:D

nicky, you got a mention from Jessie, well the back of your head did!

mdwexford wrote: »
    Comes across as an awful Hold Em Player and a bit of a dope in the coverage, bad editing though im sure.

I think Damo is mistaken about Marrow being a pro, hell of a nice guy who loves the game and esp playing in Ireland

• Advertisement

DPL wrote: »
    nicky, you got a mention from Jessie, well the back of your head did!

how could he miss it, the size of it

Advertisement